[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how do you robots deal with anxiety on public transport?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: JUST.jpg (7 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
7 KB, 250x232
So, how do you robots deal with anxiety on public transport?
>>
Just be yourself my dude

Works 4 me
>>
>>29612000
By not using it
>tfw shaking and sweating like crazy
>>
>>29612000
Have to use it everyday and I basically just look at my phone or out the window.
>>
What the fuck is there to be anxious about? You don't need to interact with or even look at anyone else. I use the tube every day. Grow up.
>>
>>29612000
It's much worse when you don't have anything to do, so make sure you take something with you to focus your autism. Like a book or your phone or something.
>>
>>29612043
Not OP, but sometimes some old people stare at me and that makes me uncomfortable.
>>
>>29612000
>So, how do you robots deal with anxiety on public transport?
by not going outside or either try killing yourself just to avoid life all together which i am planning for past many years
>>
>>29612069
So glare at them, or just ignore them. They'll be dead in a few years from having lived too long anyway.
>>
>>29612043
>I have no idea what agoraphobia, Social Anxiety, etc. is
>>
>>29612118
A subway car is the least social place in the world, and one of the least wide open.
>>
>>29612000
I just put my headphones on and space out.
>>
>>29612000
By getting trips
>>
>>29612000
deal with it beforehand with good habits like: diet, meditation, exercise..etc, all those memes

during, i meditate (look out window, focus on sounds/sights) or employ CBT on my thoughts

these are the only things iv found to work, obviously only reduces it, and doesn't make it entirely go away. there are no magic tricks..
>>
>>29612000

I clench my fists and stare out the window and ignore everything else.
>>
By staring at 4chan all the time. That's what I'm doing rn.
>>
>>29612343
Where you going to, anon? Piccadilly Circus? South Kensington?
>>
>>29612296
>employ CBT
Cock and ball torture?
>>
Private transport
>>
>Sitting in the back of the bus in the Netherlands heading to the coffeeshop ATM
>Fucking hot outside so I opened roof window
>Only 2 other ppl in the bus
>Normally fucking packed
>Laying on the back seats taking 4 of them
>Ignore the cunt busdriver who keeps looking at me angrily every 5 seconds for laying like a lazy bitch
>No fucks given at all, already high anyway
>About to smoke more big fat joints with my friend and eat french fries & shoarma

I love this country goddanm
>>
>>29612000
I don't I have a car.

Being in heavy traffic still makes me uncomfortable though, in part because of the possibility of an accident and just that its a fairly high stress enviroment even for normal peeople but also because of all the people around be even as isolated in our little bubbles as we are, making eye contact with another driver when at a standstill is the worst, I want to bolt but have no where to go.

Music is too distracting since I have to focus on my surroundings and can't zone out so I listen to talk radio on NPR or something instead since their presenters voices tend to be calm and somewhat soothing. I just try my best to time my drive to avoid heavy traffic and to get off the highway onto less conjested and more relaxed back roads as soon as possible, that and pray for overcast weather because bright sunny days make it worse somehow, everyone just seems too bright and the light takes on an almost oppressive quality.

For your situation since you don't have to worry about controlling the vehicle yourself headphones would probably help drown out your surroundings a bit, books are another option if you are able to focus enough to read in spite of the enviroment, people don't tend to bother someone when they have their nose buried in a book.
>>
Wear gym shorts and hope a girl's butt bumps into your dick until you get a boner.

http://xhamster.com/movies/2279843/compilation_amateur_touch_encoxada_chikan_agarron_9.html?pb

Look up encoxada. Apparently this is a huge fetish in South America because lots of people take trains and ride buses to the point that they are very croweded. I fap to this quite a lot, but in America trains/buses aren't crowded enough to get away with this.
>>
>>29612456
Jeez anon, just be yourself
>>
File: 1362512166575.jpg (19 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1362512166575.jpg
19 KB, 396x385
I walk everywhere because I forget how to use public transport, I had to get a train to the city once and spergd out trying to buy a ticket from the ticket machine.

Once I arrived you had to leave via a gate system, I was so nervous that I stopped before the gate to tie my shoe - I don't actually know how to tie my shoes - to observe how to get through the gate. I later found out that you put your ticket through and the gate opens, I put it through and the gate opened so I then carried on my way thinking I beat the normie commute simulator only to get screamed at by some guy saying I forgot my ticket. Turns out if you buy a return once you put it through it comes back out and you reclaim it. Got giggled at by people behind me.

Although it was pretty bad I can now use trains properly and never have to deal with this again as I know how they work.
>>
I pretend to be slept even if im standing.
>>
headphones, music, and intense stare forward
>>
>>29612000
i usually put in my headphones and try not to make eye contact with anyone
>>
>>29612000
I sweat even in the winter and people look at me.

>tfw you live in the middle of the city and just looking outside makes you anxious
>>
I used to use the bus when I was still in school

I'd always get on before all the normies so I used to sit at the back and look scary

It deterred Stacie's and numales from sitting at the back, although some black girl used to always sit opposite me
>>
>>29612402
I asked that to my therapist once in accident
jks
But yeah would be nice to know some tips
>>
>>29612552
Jesus christ, Anon. How old are you and how did you make it this far in life?
>>
>>29612000
i would also like to know this bc i stuggle to breathe on public transport and would like this to stop
>>
>>29612000
I either try to look really sleepy and pretend to fall asleep once I'm seated if I have something to lean against, or I try to look really grumpy and easily irritated to make sure no one wants to look me in the eyes.

With enough practice you'll probably be able to pull it off too, even if you are panicking internally.
>>
>>29613338
You got any meds to help calm you down?
>>
File: image.png (168 KB, 1353x552) Image search: [Google]
image.png
168 KB, 1353x552
>>29612000
i usually like a seat that has forward momentum with the bus. i hate the bench seats that face you in front of other commuters because then you're just staring at eachother awkwardly the whole time, AND if you're not staring at one another your head is badly postured to create a sore neck.

as for the more unspoken rules of transit -

- always put your bag in the empty seat next to you unless it's the last seat available. this will prevent people like me (smelly bum) from sitting next to you or the disappointment of the qt not sitting with you

- maintain upright posture if you're not reading or doing something on your phone

- don't read some cliche novel and like i.e 'girl with a dragon tattoo'; think subliminally and enigmatically

- have hand sanitizer readily available

- if a female that is emitting pheromones is in your general proximity try your hardest not to get into a posturing contest with the other males; remain stoic
>>
>>29612069

Old people are never the problem, it's always teenagers snickering and laughing, the browner their skin the more likely it is to happen.
>>
>>29612000

Honestly, there is nothing to be anxious about. Taking public transport is like watching a zoo sometimes.

One time I had to take the subway during rush hour and everyone was shoulder to shoulder. I was standing near a qt and immediately some beta starts chatting her up and spouting the cringiest pick up lines. Her face was full of disgust, but he just kept going until her stop. Laughed to myself the entire ride.
>>
Public transport is great. I can't count how many times I accidentally elbowed a boob. Makes my ride everytime desu.
>>
File: benzo.jpg (136 KB, 1063x598) Image search: [Google]
benzo.jpg
136 KB, 1063x598
>>29612000
With benzos
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.