[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
P U R P O S E
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 1460342160277.jpg (48 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1460342160277.jpg
48 KB, 960x960
nihilistic + wicked sense of humor

need to find some purpose, how do i do that?
>>
>>29610799
for me it's love and the reduction of suffering in all humans
>>
>>29610980
how did you come to that conclusion.. ?

origami question
>>
>>29610980
thats a pretty good goal

I hope you make it
>>
>>29610799
-give yourself to a religion or political cause
-find an artform to devote yourself to, produce great works
-failing all else just become a normie and have kids because my friends all say they add value to their lives
>>
>>29611122
> give yourself to a religion or political cause
religion is a con to control populations. politics is pointless because 1 person doesn't make a difference.. or at least, i feel detached from my local community.
> find an artform to devote yourself to
use to make small vidya, and it gave me purpose. i really cared. since i got depressed it seems so childish and pointless, i dont really enjoy any vidya now, seems like a waste of time, or mundane. still have a yearning to create though.. its just that nothing seems worth creating
> become a normie and have kids
im an anti-natalist, so i doubt i'll be doing this
>>
>>29610799
i can relate OP.
life is whatever you want to make of it. pursue happiness
>>
>>29611244
such a shit, non-answer.

everyone who says this seems to be a complete pleb, happiness is fleeting and nebulous regardless. why chase a ghost.
>>
>>29611264

im in this phase, i certainly hope its a phase anyway because im rapidly running out of desire to live
>>
killing yourself the most comfy way possible
seriously
>>
>>29611469
how'd you come to that conclusion?
if you don't value your life, then why do you value comfort..

>>29611436
it seems like modern society is so individualistic, it focuses on just self preservation and consumption. but death seems to invalidate both of those goals. i read something about adapting to the world, and taking action that "fits" within it, rather than trying to adapt the world to us, to satisfy ourselves. there might be some kind of truth there.. i mean, to admit you're not in control and your brain/body follows natural laws would force you into exercise and healthy living to begin with, which would be "good". then, to admit you're part of a society, and trying to engage and fit within that, would also seem healthy, as most "non-conformists" i've met seem pretty retarded, like hipsters who think they're special because they got a tattoo, but it seems to mostly signal mental illness, due to their inability to adapt to the world and their attempt instead to get the world to adapt to them, and satisfy them, which we can all seem plainly, is retarded. i dunno, its a starting point. thoughts?
>>
>>29611572

i literally cannot understand what you just said, sorry i can't offer anything in the way of conversation, i am a hopelessly stupid man
>>
TO END ALL LIFE MY FRIEND
>>
>>29611572
>it seems like modern society is so individualistic, it focuses on just self preservation and consumption. but death seems to invalidate both of those goals. i read something about adapting to the world, and taking action that "fits" within it, rather than trying to adapt the world to us, to satisfy ourselves. there might be some kind of truth there.. i mean, to admit you're not in control and your brain/body follows natural laws would force you into exercise and healthy living to begin with, which would be "good". then, to admit you're part of a society, and trying to engage and fit within that, would also seem healthy, as most "non-conformists" i've met seem pretty retarded, like hipsters who think they're special because they got a tattoo, but it seems to mostly signal mental illness, due to their inability to adapt to the world and their attempt instead to get the world to adapt to them, and satisfy them, which we can all seem plainly, is retarded. i dunno, its a starting point. thoughts?
you sounds like a normalfag
>>
>>29611223
nationalism and trump did it for me lad. Got my QT ex-bernie (now trumpet) ;) gf coming over to zuck my dik any min
>>
>>29611223
>religion is a con to control populations

No wonder, with dumb opinions like these, you take the nihilist position - the easy way out for "cynical" young people who have never really thought about any of the things they reject seriously enough to take an informed stance on them.

>video games
>art form

Top keks matey
>>
To solve problems
Every philosophical mindset tries to achieve their specific goal
Even finding out the ultimate goal is a goal
Solving problems is a catch-all mentality that covers everything and every action
>>
File: 1467046182605.gif (568 KB, 521x479) Image search: [Google]
1467046182605.gif
568 KB, 521x479
>>29612797
Yeah, it's not like the Vatican makes billions of dollars every year from plebs and it's not like there isn't any record of Jeebus Christ existing. It's not like Muhammad couldn't possibly have been a charismatic poorfag who created a cult to secure a comfy life for he and his family. It's not like theology has proved over and over again that religion is mostly just our ancestors confusing planets and stars for Gods.

>>29611223
Red-pilled ideologies, m8. Me down to a T. The only thing o really want to do is write and direct movies, but I'm probably too stupid for film school.
>>
>>29612797

Nihilism is the easy way out?

Acknowledging the reality that there is no purpose or meaning in the universe, no good & evil, nothing like objective law or morality is the easy way out?

Must be good being willingfully ignorant. Nihilism is the ultimate test for man and the hardest of ways to be in the universe you can have. Your gods and morals are just born from fear, a poor and mediocre's man attempt to leap past the obstacles instead of suffering along the walk.
>>
>>29614069
*le fedorious tippering intensifies*
>>
File: mY1W7VT.jpg (123 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
mY1W7VT.jpg
123 KB, 480x640
>>29614089

>I typed stupid uneducated garbage and get all my ideology from /pol/
>maybe if I read a book i'd be more educated on these subjects

nah i'll just post with epic fedora meme ))
>>
File: 1443495438147.gif (1 MB, 630x517) Image search: [Google]
1443495438147.gif
1 MB, 630x517
>>29610799
Worship Frog God Kek (praised be him)

Read up about memetic magicka on /fringe/ to get started.
>>
>>29614157
Och och och my goon syre, tis you that is the true John Galt!
>>
>>29611945

>get fit
>get money
>get bitches bro
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.