[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
re-enrolled back in uni for next fall anyone else thinking of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: 1467171142590.jpg (25 KB, 541x569) Image search: [Google]
1467171142590.jpg
25 KB, 541x569
re-enrolled back in uni for next fall

anyone else thinking of doing the same?
>>
>>29610756
no, I've been enrolled for 4 semesters without attending, am at 14 semesters without ever getting past entry 101 courses
>>
>>29610822
this is my "4th" year out of which 3 I've been "present" but I haven't actually gone to classes since the first month of second year
>>
>>29610851
I got chased out of the city I used to study at for being a pedophile
mic drop
>>
>>29610822
>>29610851

I didn't go to one class this semester. Just handed in two of the three main assignments.

Got high distinction on both but am only going to get a credit mark for the class which feels disappointing. It's all I deserve I suppose but if I had literally just turned up and sat in a seat and not spoken a word for 12 weeks I would have gotten the 10 points for participation and been just short of a high distinction for the class.

The other assignment was some group shit that was worth 10 points too. Submitting something that passed for that along with showing up would have got me the high distinction that matched my major assignment marks.
>>
>>29610887
well were you? origi~
>>
>>29610949
Been a pedophile since I was a kid
I didn't watch CP until 1 year prior to getting caught though
>>
>>29610756
I re-enrolled Spring of 2013. Now I'm two more years away from my degree. I'm really glad I did it because I've learned that I have a talent for it which I would have never known if I didn't re-enroll.
>>
>>29611132
good for you

for me it was more like taking 2 years off to realize nothing else was more interesting either so might as well go back to my safe and already secured uni spot and get a degree on a semi-interesting field

we'll see if I can keep it up this time
>>
god no

fuck no

what is wrong with you people. get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>29611424
That's why I went back. I had dropped out and worked a year in a shitty retail job that made me feel really empty inside.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 312x446) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 312x446
I caught you.
>>
>>29611449
I just lived on neet bux and pretended to look for work lmao
>>
>>29611449
>>29611424
>>29611132

How much debt are you guys taking on going back to school? I've thought about studying but for comm college it would be about $4k/yr, and I don't think I'd be able to get any FAFSA money.

My one friend is $22k in debt to wells fargo for ONE SEMESTER. he got really fucked. there's no way school is worth that much. i'd rather get a shitty job than do that to myself.
>>
>>29611474
I don't need to take any debt but I'll probably take the ~3k of cheap government backed student loans a year because why the hell not
>>
>>29611474
I went to a JC while living with my parents so I paid cash. Because I'm now 24 and an independent I have my full tuition paid with some extra, I took out a $5,000 subsidized loan to help me move out of my parents' place. Next year I'll qualify for scholarships so I will hopefully not need loans.

If you're old enough you can get a lot of money.

>>29611466
Ya I was living on my parents' good will for a few months and accidentally got a job.
>>
File: 1407952423686.jpg (47 KB, 371x348) Image search: [Google]
1407952423686.jpg
47 KB, 371x348
Nope. I'm 27 and I've already failed out twice. You can only fuck up so much before even your community college thinks that flipping burgers is the correct career path for you.
>>
>>29610756
I'm thinking of doing a two year masters in International Relations + Japanese, all paid by the gov't. But I'm a 26 years old southern european faggot.

Pros:
- free
- if I get good grades, I'll do the second year in Japan, Tokyo probably
- uni is filled with girls mostly, so maybe i get some pussy
- i have nothing better to do

Cons
- i need to move out of my hometown
- i'll be 28 when it's over
- i don't think there's any job waiting for me after this degree (south euro economy = super shit)

Should I do it, robots?
>>
>>29611919
26 years old doing a masters in interpreting in another country (I'm also southern yuro)

I say go for it but get ready to relocate
>>
>>29611919
>i don't think there's any job waiting for me after this degree (south euro economy = super shit)

are there any jobs waiting for you now?
just do it and worry about a job later. people get employed out of their strict "field" all the time
>>
>>29612034
Nice. Good job mate.
>I say go for it but get ready to relocate
Do you mean, like, moving out after the degree? Cause the uni I'm thinking of is in my own country.

>>29612131
>are there any jobs waiting for you now?
Nope. Absolutely nothing right now.
I've actually gone "around the world", following the traveling meme, in Australia, England and shit like that, for three years, doing shit tier work.
It made me feel really empty inside (like this anon >>29611449 ), always stressing how should I enjoy this shit, how should I be happy and posting photos on FB, but it was hell. Completely cut off all my old friendships and stuff for foreign bitchy girls, social suicide. Holy shit how I regret all this wasted time.
The last time I felt truly happy was when I lived in Japan for a semester, so I'm trying to relive that sensation... I'm trying to do a decision with my gut this time.
>>
>>29612307
I mean after you get this degree, southern europe is just not good for this kind of job I'm afraid
>>
>>29611474
Private college? Mine was $32k for four years
>>
I think about going all the time but I dropped out of HS so I dont have to go.
>>
>>29612592
Oh yeah definitely. I've already lived abroad, so I know what to expect. To me, this degree maybe means.... The last two years of carefree living. If nothing changes after it, I'll just move abroad to do some wageslaving to live.
>>
>>29612664
Best of luck anon, really
>>
I dropped out from a really hard school, have been home for 9 months and going back to another, similar but easier version of the same school at september. I feel you op.
Also, I live in a small city, and I couldn't find any work... I've been feeling pretty shit because of it.
>>
>>29612749
Thank you, best of luck to you too
(even though I dunno why your comment made me feel uneasy)
>>
>>29612942
dunno that wasn't my intention m8
>>
>>29613019
Don't worry mate, just my latent paranoid schizophrenia
>>
>>29611651
Are you an Ameriburg?
>>
>>29611919
>i'll be 28 when it's over

HR/recruiter really shouldn't give a shit about that. If you do well in school, learn to network and some what love your job then you'll be hired.

I've had classes with people who are 40+ years old and once they were done with school they instantly got the job they wanted, because they worked hard for it.

good luck nigs
>>
>>29614330
>HR/recruiter really shouldn't give a shit about that
Unfortunately, in third-world southern euro people DO give a shit about age, since there are so many fo us competing for scraps.
But that's why I'll definitely move out, trying to find my niche in the world.

Good luck to you all.
>>
>>29611000
Howd you get caught
>>
>>29611919
Have you done a BA in Japanese as well?
If so theres reason not to apply for a masters in Japan uguu
>>
>>29615408
I've done a Bachelor of Translation Studies (English/Japanese).
If by that you mean doing a Master in Japan, unfortunately I've got no money for that, plus the Monkasho is locked to only a very limited amount of people AFTER postgrad. And there's no JET program too. Fuck Italy.
>>
>>29615486
lel I'm the other southern yuro and I'm also italian. I thought english/japanese translator could find a job quite easilly desu
>>
>>29610756
Not in Uni but I just learned I'm going to be stuck in CC for a while

Apparently a counselor at my old school overlooked a section in my plans to transfer out and I have to take the courses which I'm absolutely fucking horrible at. I suck at math mates, I'd have to move from literally college algebra to calculus and physics and all that. It's not that I don't want to take the courses it's just that they're so impacted and they're going to be so tough for me. /blog I guess. I took this last semester off just to take a break but it's so depressing knowing I'll be stuck there longer.

I'm 22. Anyone else on the same boat? By that I mean transferring out?
>>
>>29615526
Kek, ain't it great being Italian?
>I thought english/japanese translator could find a job quite easilly desu
I thought so too, until I met all the self-assessed JLPT2 anime faggots working through nepotism. And if you manage to work, it's not very good money, I prefer being a retail bitch. (but I've heard that abroad the situation is VERY different)
Well, since you're Italian, my main gripe is that the university I'm going to is in Naples, and that means >no job. Not very concerned actually about the other aspects. Well I guess I just need to hang on a lil bit more, in the end it's technically just a year (+another one in Japland). Sigh.
>>
I'm considering it. The only way I'll do it though is if I can take most of my classes online and I get enough financial assistance.
>>
>>29615634
CC trying to transfer here I'm pretty good at math and science so I"m in an EE transfer program
taking online calc right now, the only thing holding me back from enrolling is whether or not I'm willing to drive to school, hopefully they continue a shuttle cause I don't think I'd take many classes if they don't
>>
Fuck I wish I could. I graduated finally though. I'd love to just take stay in college as an undergrad forever. Gives me something to do so I don't feel like a loser/NEET but it isn't nearly as rigorous as getting a job and existing in the real world.
>>
>>29616440
Become a lecturer in a foreign university, mate
>>
>>29616493

That'd be fun.. but I suck at my field and I only have a bachelors anyway.
>>
>>29610756
God, I'm thinking of doing the same. Girlfriend is pushing me for it, I'm at an okay sales job which makes a decent pay. But honestly, I'm scared of going back.
>>
>>29616555
undeserved trips, normie filth
>>
File: 1438971616651.jpg (18 KB, 322x339) Image search: [Google]
1438971616651.jpg
18 KB, 322x339
>>29610756
>Failed my first year
>Repeat request submitted immediately after I received my results
I guess it's better than sitting around playing vidya and watching anime
>>
Going back to Normie State University, only spent 1/2 semester there freshman year (early withdrawal lmao). "Caught up" at local schools.

I'm basically a transfer student at this point. It's been so long. I know nobody and nothing.
>>
>>29615738
>Naples
Actually not a terrible unic, could do much worse friend. Try to pass the TFA test as soon as you get your masters mate
>>
>>29617220
>TFA
What's that, friend?
Btw, it's the Orientale, supposedly one of the best in Japanese.
>>
>>29617408
Scusa se scrivo in italiano ma sono stanco morto, e' il corso per diventare insegnanti, costa un 2000 euro mati chiamano subito per le supplenze. Inoltre dopo poco tempo puoi fare il concorso per diventare insegnante di ruolo se hai guadagnato abbastanza punti. Una volta che sei insegnante di ruolo se ti va puoi andare a lavorare tipo in Etiopia per 6000 euro al mese
>>
>>29617533
Grazie compare. Questo TFA sembra molto interessante e lo prendero' certo in considerazione.
L'unico dubbio e' se il corso magistrale in Relazioni Internazionali ti qualifica per l'insegnamento... O non c'entra nulla?
Dai non ti preoccupare, mi informero'. Grazie mille comunque. Dove studi?

>Non-ASCII text is not allowed
Fuck off 4chan, I need muh accents
>>
>>29617701
Dovrebbe esserlo, o se non lo fosse potresti dare un paio di esami "da esterno" ma sarebbero esami semplici come pedagogia. Io ho fatto la triennale a Cagliari, per la magistrale scappo in Scozia pero' ahah

In bocca al lupo di nuovo
>>
>>29617770
>per la magistrale scappo in Scozia
Ahhhh che invidia. Ci penso anch'io spesso. Fai bene comunque. Ma li' la magistrale e' gratis?

Crepi. E in bocca a lupo anche a te
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.