[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people pretend to be happy when they find out they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: Pregnancy-Announcement-7.jpg (98 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Pregnancy-Announcement-7.jpg
98 KB, 600x400
Why do people pretend to be happy when they find out they're going to have a babby?
>>
Why are you an edgy, delusional, idiot teenager who can't figure that one out for himself? Your post is so cringe worthy, I got wrinkles all over my face from the 2nd hand embarrassment.
>>
>>29610101
>teenager
I'm 33.
Nice binaries though
>>
>>29610101
>teenager

To be honest, OP's sentiment is also very young adult male normie. Just about every normal guy from 20-30 would shit their pants at a positive pregnancy test.
>>
>>29609962
Whenever I hear news like this the first thought that goes through my mind is "is that child even genetically his"

What has the world done to me to make me think this way???
>>
I dunno. I don't get why people would throw their lives away like that. My sister is pregnant at 21, and now that's it for like 18 years she has to look after this kid.

I think that sometimes they don't like themselves and think they fucked up so they want to try again with a whole new person and live vicariously through them.

Alternatively, they want to be loved and think that a child is an easy way to get it, because it doesn't really have a choice until it's older.
>>
>>29610260
Most people want a kid because of biological reasons, they're bored, they had a shitty upbringing and want to get it right, or social reasons.
>>
>>29609962
>>29610260
>>29610334
or probably they genuinely think that raising a child is something beautiful and fulfilling.
>>
>>29610356
>raising a child is something beautiful and fulfilling.
how?
>>
>>29609962
how are you so sure they are pretending
>>
>>29610401
Genetic predisposition.
>>
>>29609962
>pretend
Some people pay thousands of dollars for fertility treatments so they can get to that place. They're genuinely thrilled.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to you, but there are a lot of people for whom family is very important. A lot of non-depressed people who think of life as a gift, one that they're eager to pass along to a new generation, linking the ends of eternity.

Not to mention, have you seen females around a baby? Maternal instinct is a thing. They want one. There are exceptions, but they're not all that common. Google "overly attached girlfriend" to really drive that home.

When people do pretend, it's a matter of believing that it's something they should be happy about. So they push down the worries and fake being happy about it. The way these things go, it's not rare that they look back and think they were right to. Parenthood can be extremely validating, providing you're willing to put some effort into it.
>>
File: 1467204375980.jpg (75 KB, 675x642) Image search: [Google]
1467204375980.jpg
75 KB, 675x642
>>29610417
it won't Iet me post without a test, part I
>>
>>29610401
Children share your traits and it's interesting and fun to watch them grow up and change. Also, love.
>>
>>29610401
humans are social beings. teaching and supporting another person, helping him grow up feels satisfying.
>>
File: 1467204375980.jpg (99 KB, 807x622) Image search: [Google]
1467204375980.jpg
99 KB, 807x622
>>29610456
it won't Iet me post without a text, part II
>>
>>29609962
Females are happy since a child entitles them to alimony payments/child supports for an easy life
>>
>>29609962
Woman is happy because she's going to get a lot of attention.

Man is forced to be happy or he'll look bad.
>>
>>29609962
To each their own, different people have different preferences. Some like the idea of having offspring and genuinely think it'll make them happy (and does for plenty of them), while others would rather off themselves than have a kid.

Either way it might seem shocking or insincere to like the opposite of what you yourself like (see people enjoying a life in a relationship react shocked and incapable of comprehending the idea that some people genuinely enjoy their single lives, how married couples react to people not looking for marriage ever - or any time soon, etc., but also the other way around).
The responses here assuming all those people happy with kids/babies are only pretending or that all women are with evil ulterior motives because it seems inconceivable to genuinely be happy with it, is just the same as those aforementioned responses.
>>
>>29610446
>Parenthood can be extremely validating, providing you're willing to put some effort into it
Not like anyone here would know that feel. That's why it's so jarring to see other people do it.
>>
>>29609962
Normies are different to you
>>
>>29610518
>>29610456
>>29610479
^^^ THESE TO BE HONEST AMIGOS
>>
>>29610520
Cont.
In case it's not clear, obviously there are men with a fake happy response while desperately thinking of ways out of it or something, and of course women with ulterior motives exist, but those are the minority still.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (78 KB, 1085x415) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
78 KB, 1085x415
>>29610456
>>29610479
it won't Iet me post without a text, part III
>>
>>29609962
they're happy because for the first time in their pathetic life:

A) they get to feel powerful. they have a small animal they can boss around and who unconditionally respects them, until it can begin to think for itself

B) they get respect from society/peers/parents. they feel they've "made it", and their first baby picture on facebook will be their most liked picture

C) free labor. this was a main reason to have kids in the past, not so true today but you can still boss them around, have them help raise other kids and get paid by government

D) shackles your parter, cements a breaking relationship. manipulation reasons really..

there are a few more i guess. im nihilistic, but i dont value life, so im anti-natalist. why do we keep being fucking retards who cant see past our programming, to stop perpetuating this awful, pointless, cycle of suffering. people need to stop breeding, its even worse in places with no resources when fucking idiots breed only for a life to starve and die almost immediately. humans are shit
>>
File: 1465410320398.jpg (63 KB, 637x606) Image search: [Google]
1465410320398.jpg
63 KB, 637x606
>eating lunch with parents
>they're talking about how they put so much effort into raising me and my sister
>tell them I couldn't fathom raising a kid and going through all the mental gymnastics when they become a teenager
>dad looks at me slightly disappointed and says "when you get to your thirties, you'll want to have a kid."
>mom looks at me and says "Hopefully you'll change your mind by your thirties."
>mfw after the conversation

I also told them I couldn't fathom marrying a woman because divorce rates, more mental gymnastics, she's right even if she's wrong, I must bow down to her or I'm a bad husband, etc. The weird part is my parents are in a happy marriage and somehow I have a shitty perspective on marriage as a whole.

I just don't want to get sucked into something else that will make me want to off myself. Social retardation already makes me feel like that.
>>
>>29610456
>>29610479
That's not pretending, that's being excited for the wrong reasons.

You know, those two are probably building it up in their heads. Birthday parties and family dinners, Christmases and Thanksgivings where they'll finally start to bond with their in-laws, school concerts and parent-teacher conferences and scouts and little league and graduation. Grandkids in their retirement.

And then two months on there's a miscarriage and they're crushed. Expectations are not your friend.
>>
>>29610638
>I'm nihilistic
Lmao you're a fucking idiot.
>I can't find meaning in life that means no one should and we should all just die reeeeee i hate HUMANS

Literally just kill yourself and let actual people run the world
>>
>>29609962
>the world is literally a ball of pain and suffering where animals must devour each other just to survive
>where humans wage wars
>where there's a high chance you'll have some type of horrible disease
>where there's a high chance you'll be killed in some horrible way
>where you'll experience the pain of loved ones dying
>where you could be paralyzed, lose limbs, be brain dead or autistic, and have alzheimer's
>where you could grow up to be a member of ISIS
>where you could grow up to be torchered by ISIS
>where you could suffer extreme poverty
>YAY we're gonna enslave another life to this suffering!!

Life is such a gift! We're supposed to be happy that our parents put us here to make THEM feel better about living in a hell hole like this, that's the only reason people have kids, to lessen their own suffering in a world of suffering. But by having kids all they do is pass on the burden
>>
>>29611124
Oh yeah and did I forget there's a high chance you could get a mental illness like depression where there is literally no upsides to this shithole, ALL you will feel is the pure pain and suffering that is reality

But none of that could possibly happen to my kid though, so it's totally fine!
>>
File: 5.jpg (955 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
955 KB, 1920x1080
The only people who want kids don't have them, the ones who have them regret it every day of their life.

>Your genes/bloodline/legacy are not important or special
>The only valid reason to have a child is to continue the species, all other reasons are selfish and self centered
>There's 7 billion people out there, if you can't afford a child, if you're in an unhappy relationship, if you're a shitty person then don't have kids
>If you do have a kid, put some effort into raising it instead of doing the bare mimimum until it reaches 18 then kicking it out and expecting it to survive on its own
>Don't have a kid to get back at your shitty parents, don't have a kid to live vicariously through it, don't try to raise your kid as if it's your clone
>>
File: 1439947696477.jpg (262 KB, 931x1600) Image search: [Google]
1439947696477.jpg
262 KB, 931x1600
I WANT KIDS REEEEEEEE I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS

I WANT A NICE CUDDLY PREGNANT WIFE OVER AND OVER AGAIN I WANT TO PROVIDE

I'll be like 30 before I'll be able to marry a decent woman. And she's definitely not going to be 30, fuck roasties man, I want like 10 kids, not 1 and a divorce
>>
>>29610816
>parents are normies
No surprise buddo, they had you didn't they? Your parents are from a different time. My brother and I will never marry and my folks are still making weird comments about it. Just ignore that dumb shit.

Take my brother for example: he has ascended somehow. My brother is 30, owns his own house, owns his own car, has never had social media accounts, literally doesn't know what 4chan even is, stopped playing video games when he was a teenager, reads nonfiction every day, has never had sex (got his wizardry this year and doesn't even know about the spicy memes), and has a comfy office job.

He--independently of social trends--hates women, and spends all of his time reading or sitting by his swimming pool. Dude bought his house at 28, and has a billiards table in his living room. Drinks a beer every day. 30 year old virgin, couldn't give any less of a fuck.

The last thing my brother wants is to shoehorn a woman and a child or three into this sweet setup just because it would make my parents happy. He has his own happiness to figure out, not someone elses.
>>
>>29609962
why are you such a bitter autist who doesn't think people can be happy that they're about to be parents?
>>
>>29611736
Because people like this being happy about pregnancy is essentially the white modern equivalent of being an Uncle Tom. I mean sure the house nigger can feel superior to the sweating yard niggers, what with his master's ear and all, but he's still a house nigger.
>>
>>29610638
A is so true. People teach the most retard shit knowing the kid can't talk back.
>>
>>29611797
>"Don't shout at me!" she says as she shouts at the child
>>
>>29611915
Yup. Also parent's insecurities hold back the child.
>>
at age 27 above having a kid is a sure way ticket to normieville. If you are worried that you will become a wizard someday just have children or raise somebody's children. Believe it or not but being a cuck is actually more accepted irl than childfree.
>>
>>29610101
>Every thing that triggers me is edgy
>omg u-ur a teenager WAAAAAAAHHHHH
>>
How retarded do you have to be to question that? They're happy because they've created a fucking life and they get to leave their mark on something. The joy of creating life is something only one can understand if they've done so. But you'll probably never know since everyone on here is a bunch of fuckin pasty whiteys with sad lives whose parents never loved them enough
>>
>>29609962
no guy wants a kid, they act happy about it in front of their girlfriend/wife.
>>
>>29612259
How is throwing away your life joy inducing?
>>
>>29610101

what's cringe worthy is your post.

>>29612259
> everyone on here is a bunch of fuckin pasty whiteys with sad lives whose parents never loved them enough

then get the fuck out of here.

they pretend to be happy about having a child because thats the reaction they expect from each other.
>>
>>29612259
>they're happy cause they created a being against its own will

Sick fucks
>>
>>29612338
They created it, it had no will to be against before that.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.