[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone experienced this thing where simply "remembering"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Has anyone experienced this thing where simply "remembering" something from years ago is considered autistic or the mark of a loser?

I bumped into a guy from Jr High yesterday, hadn't seen him in nearly 10 years. Said something like:
>I think the last time I saw you was at [person]'s house, we all went to watch the finale of The OC.
(side note: I went because a girl I liked went)

His response:
>Uhhhh... maybe? I don't know man. That was so long ago, you seriously remember that? Wow, get out much?

So I guess he's been to so many sweet party's and shit that he can't remember a night from 10 years ago? While simultaneously implying that it was the highlight of my life and I still think about it regularly to this day?

No fucking asshole. I saw you, it jogged my memory to the last time I saw you. Simple. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>29609604
that guy is a fucking asshole op
>>
>>29609604
>wow, get out much?
What an asshole, holy shit.
>>
>>29609604
Depends. If you had been like "we went to anon's house the rug was red the wallpaper was blueish green and the tv was about 44 inches wide and we saw the episode where the guy and the girl argued about what cereal to eat" then yes, it would have been autistic. Just remembering the last time you saw someone isn't weird at all and your friend is kind of a dick for being a toolbox extraordinaire about it.
>>
>>29609604
>Uhhhh... maybe? I don't know man. That was so long ago, you seriously remember that? Wow, get out much?
>Wow, get out much?

Come on, there's no way he said that.

Stop making shit up
>>
>>29609648
>>29609652
He is totally an asshole. But this isn't an isolated incident.

I had another thing like that happen recently with a friends ex-girlfriend. They dated for 5 years, and every social occasion I saw her she drank vodka soda's. Probably 50+ times in total.

A few months ago I was out at a bar because my other friend was DJing, saw her and offered to buy her a drink to catch up.
>Me: Vodka soda, right?
>Her: How do you know that?
>Me: I've never seen you drink anything but vodka soda the entire time I've known you.
>Her: Why are you watching what I'm drinking? That's so creepy.

>>29609705
It wasn't like I was recounting specifics about the night, even though I do remember them. For example, after the show ended he showed us a photo montage video he made and it was set to a song by The Used. Had I brought that up, I know for a fact I would've been deemed creepy.

>>29609742
It's what he said verbatim. It was literally yesterday, I'm not going to forget overnight.
>>
>>29609604
Dude dont worrt about it, that guy is a total fucking asshole so fuck him. If you went SUPER descriptive like remembering the EXACT date and whay clothes people were wearing and shit then it would have been weird, but that still wouldn't justify that guy being a dick head
>>
>>29609861
I didn't do that. I specifically kept it vague so it wouldn't appear weird, but apparently it still was.

Is it weird that I remember specifics? I could tell you who was all there, what they were wearing, what coolers we were drinking, what we did after the show ended, what time I left and how I got home.

So I guess a good memory = fucking creepy?
>>
>>29609834
>Why are you watching what I'm drinking? That's so creepy.
Goddamn OP, these asshole normies are shitting on you left and right.
>>
It's because if you're COOL your relationships and interactions with people mean nothing to you and life is just a long meaningless blur, or something.
>>
>>29609909
No thats not creepy. Its fine that you KNOW those things, but its a bit weird to SAY it to some guy you havent seen in like 10 years. But like i said, that guy is a fuking dick head. You shouldn't have even wasted your breath with that guy. You did good keeping it vague, you just happened to run into a grade A asshole
>>
>>29609917
Haha this is nothing, I have 100's of stories like these. I look in the mirror and see a normal guy, yet out in the world I'm a fucking social pariah. And my 'friends' wonder why I don't go out at all anymore or why I have social anxiety.

>>29609966
That's exactly the point I'm making. Are these guys feigning ignorance to make it seem like their lives are so busy/awesome/fulfilling that they don't remember "insignificant" stuff like a notable night in jr high?
>>
>>29609834
You could have totally played this one off. Did she sound startled when she said that or was it playful? These things matter OP
>>
>>29609604
>>29609834
It's cause you're a robot, they wouldn't say that to a normie or chad who told them the same thing

They want to put you down at any opportunity, fuck them
>>
>Play games with friends some years ago
>Remember certain conversations and remember exactly where I was on the CoD map and what gun I was using when we were talking

I think it's just having a good memory. Then again, maybe when you're a normie, the sheer amount of socialization you'd do will eventually drown out other memories.
>>
>>29609996
not the guy you're responding to, but I really think they don't remember. it's my baseless opinion that peoples memories are getting worse. nobody remembers anything
>>
>>29609604
I know this feel, like I only remember because it was the highlight of my life. I just have a good memory, you're not special.

You can demonstrate your good memory by throwing something embarrassing them that they hope people forgot about. Don't even look mad, just state whatever it is like an objective casual fact.
> I remember we were going to watch the finale of the OC
> lol wow get out much
> nah I just have a good memory for stuff, like that time when kyle told me you were thinking about killing yourself over your parents divorce
> ...
> *sheaths verbal katana* I'll see you around, dude, I gotta get home.
>>
>>29610018
I remember certain moments like this. Like when i met a friend who i would soon call my best friend in real life. I mean if theyre important and happy moments in your life then its nothing to be ashamed of
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46 KB, 620x400
>>29610002
She was already drunk, so that was probably a factor. But it wasn't playful, her face was like pic related. I ended up saying "fine, forget it" and walked to the DJ booth where my friend was, leaving her at the bar.
>>
>>29610035
Haha that's the thing, I could've totally done that. After the show ended that night 10yrs ago he showed us all this cringey video he made, where it was all pictures of him and his 2 friends, the video was like panning in on their faces and shit, set to screamo music by The Used. I could've totally thrown that in his face but I didn't because I thought it would only reinforce his point that my social life is pathetic.
>>
>>29610064
If she was drunk then it could have been even easier to play it off. If anything she probably dosent even remember it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.