[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice thread, no-one ever comes to these anymore edition. This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: 1463524304008.jpg (96 KB, 1006x768) Image search: [Google]
1463524304008.jpg
96 KB, 1006x768
Advice thread, no-one ever comes to these anymore edition.

This is a thread where people can ask questions and talk about their problems, and I will try and give answers and advice. This thread is an alternative to /adv/ specifically for the people on this board.

>inb4 reeeeee get off my board
>>
>>29608210
Why am I like this, OP? When will it end?
>>
>>29608230
That's a difficult question with a lot of answers, anon. I think that you are like this because you've gotten into a habit of living like you live now, and it will end either once you start doing things differently and actively trying to change your life, or when you completely give up and eventually die. Hopefully it'll be the former.
>>
Only one person needs help today? Well today is a good day(:
>>
File: 1321597836878.jpg (66 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1321597836878.jpg
66 KB, 600x600
How long is it socially acceptable to endure anal rape before falling in love?
>>
>>29609140
Socially acceptable? It's not socially acceptable to endure anal rape before falling in love. Could you provide a bit more context, anon?
>>
File: 1417950413842.png (7 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1417950413842.png
7 KB, 288x499
>>29608210
How i become more assertive and dominant? The thing is that i'm passive and non-confrontational guy who avoids conflicts at all costs. Even if that person deserves it, i cant say or do anything because i feel extremely guilty afterwards. However, i vent my anger with my family.
>>
>>29609173
I'm trying to be normie.
I keep getting fired from jobs I have. I show up on time, managers don't seem to like me.
Its like I'm fucked in the head but, don't even know it.

Help me!
>>
Would it be better if i stab myself with scissors, or ceramic knife?
Also, if i stab myself in the hearth, how much time does it get for me to die?
>>
>>29609173
Like, if I'm actively being raped anally, how long should I hold out before giving in to infatuation, if not actual romance? i don't want to look like an easy slut...
>>
>>29609210
There's nothing wrong with avoiding conflict. I'm passive and non-confrontantional myself and I'm a pretty happy normie. However, if you're dead set on becoming a headstrong individual, I'd suggest trying to fake it until you make it. Also, try to not worry about what others think of you - confidence means you can say whatever's on your mind without caring what others will think of it, if that's what you want.
>>
How do you make friends when you can't relate to anyone or when you're not interesting in general?
>>
>>29608210

Advice THREAD? We have an entire fucking BOARD for that

>>>/adv/

FUCK

OFF

NORMALFAGS
>>
>>29609213
It's difficult to pin-point the problem without seeing you in person, anon, but perhaps try to be friendly and easy-going. Even if you aren't the best employee, most managers would not let go someone they enjoy being around.
>>
>>29609214
I'd suggest ceramic knife, since I'd imagine that knives are better for stabbing while scissors are better for cutting. I'm not certain, but from what I understand, being stabbed in the heart causes a very quick death. How many times have you heard of someone surviving a heart would?
>>
File: 1356577604106.jpg (131 KB, 390x400) Image search: [Google]
1356577604106.jpg
131 KB, 390x400
>>29609286
ok but y u mad tho?
>>
How can I calm down when going outside? For the past two months or so I start genuinely believing that people around me are aliens or just NPCs. I was actually thinking of strangling a lady that was on the bus who I thought was mind-reading me.

I dont think I'm ill because when I get home I realise I might be having an over active imagination. So how do I stop myself from chimping out in the future?
>>
>>29609264
>There's nothing wrong with avoiding conflict
I cant even stand for myself, yet alone stick to my opinions. Even since school, i've been that smart-loner type of guy.
>fake it
I've been trying so but when it comes to actual thing, i distance myself from situation. However, i used to be more confident in myself back in a day like 10 years ago but something changed and i became shell of my former self.
>>
>>29609250
I'd argue that being raped means that you don't want to be with that person, so I personally wouldn't give in at all and someone who I actually want to sleep with. As for not seeming like a slut, it's 2016 - the sexual revolution has already happened, and in the real world, there's nothing wrong with being promiscuous.
>>
>>29609323
And how can i actually do it?
I mean, i try to stab me, but when i get closer i just don't my force becomes lower.
Why i can't just make an HARD PUSH!?
>>
>>29608210
advice needed urgently

Past half a year me and this chick were in the same film class after school. I had a spare and hung out in the film room on my laptop the same black she was TA for it- but it was a spare for the teacher so often it was just us in the classroom.

Didn't really pay attention to her at first- saw one of her films in a class. It's bretty good all things considering. I'm probably one of if not the best film guy at the school, considering I've already worked professionally a bit. I see her later while going to a move at the local theatre, apparently she works there. Tell her I liked her video, ect...

Gradually realize I liker her. Cute, modest, smart ect...

Soon I think I notice her sneaking glances at me across the room while I'm on my laptop. Convince myself it's just me being a delusional faggot. Several other times she seems to be as embarassed and awkward around me as I am around her.

Work myself up to ask her out last week of school. Even asked here for advice. Fuck up royally, don't ask like a fucking faggot because I'm too scared.

Add her on facebook after grad, she accepts. Should I ask her out on facebook soon, wait or what? Fuuuuuck what dooo.
>>
>>29609274
You don't have to be interesting to have friends. Just talk about your hobbies and eventually you will find someone who cares about the same stuff as you. Even if it's something like anime, there are plenty of people who are into that sort of thing and you'll find yourself a crowd soon enough. Also, don't hog the conversation - let them talk about themselves as well, and if they talk about something you're into as well, get them to expand on that.
>>
>>29609286
Maybe but this is a thread specifically for /r9k/. It's a lot more general with one person answering a lot of questions rather than everyone answering one post and giving conflicting opinions.
>>
>>29609344
I'd say that wanting to stab people and believing in mind-reading are a symptom of a more major personal problem. I'd go to a doctor and have that checked out, and then hopefully once you've dealt with that your anxiety should subdue.
>>
>>29609357
May I ask what changed? And you have to just go through with it and not back out. Once you do it a few times it will get easier, but those first times are going to be just you manually standing up for yourself and constantly thinking "Yeah I might feel bad, but it was the right thing to do, and I have to keep doing it".
>>
>>29609446
I can't do that. I live with my parents right now and I don't want to shame them
>>
>>29609404
need advice please, I'm fookin desperate here mates
>>
>>29608210
Hi

I'm a normie but in reality,but I feel like a robot sometimes. I get extremely anxious nervous and worried over things I know don't really matter and are stupid. I takes up alot of my time and energy .

I think this is also stopping me from enjoying life and making more friends.

What's the best way to combat being such a faggot and appreciating life and being more confident?
>>
>>29609366
To be honest, even back when I was suicidal, I couldn't really deal with the thought of stabbing or cutting myself. It just seemed far too painful. I'd tell you not to do it, that suicide isn't the solution, but if you're dead-set on doing it, I'd suggest that a gun to the head is the easier and most painless way. If you don't live in the States, then perhaps just jump off a tall building, since that's practically instant as well.
>>
>>29609404
Just ask her out for a few drinks, anon. Most people like making friends, so just go for it and don't seem too weird. You just need to go through with it, anon, and if it doesn't work out, then there's nothing you could have done, and just move on. Good luck anon(:
>>
>>29609468
>May I ask what changed?
I honestly have no-idea. Since 5th or 6th class i've been sinking in apathy and depression for unknown reason. I honestly envy those people who others love-or-hate because they dont need to change when others like them unlike me. I'm more of a can-talk-with-everyone type of guy but when you invest time in other person and he sees your colors and abandons you, it hits me too hard.
>>
>>29609532
So just on facebook?

fuck it seems like such a stupid thing to do
>>
Hey normie. Job question.

I'm being offered a promotion at my job and I don't know if I should take it or not. On one hand it comes with a lot more power, I'll basically be a manager. It also comes at a bit of a pay bump. On the other hand, though, I love the work I do now quite a bit and I hate the work I would do in the new position. I can't see myself being happy doing it.

Should I accept the job offer do you think?
>>
>>29609475
Parents primarily want their children to be happy. If they worry about their "pride" more than they want you to be happy, then you shouldn't worry about their feelings all that much, since they're not worth it. Otherwise, your parents would want you to go see someone and be happier with your life than hold it all in and seem "neurotypical" but miserable.
>>
>>29609503
Anxiety is a real illness, and in your position I would actually go to a doctor and speak to them about it. I know it seems like you're just "being a faggot" and you need to get over yourself, but it's a real issue that many people deal with, plenty of normies included, such as my gf, and seeing someone about it will tremendously help you out.
>>
>>29609555
Yeah, just over facebook. Literally just say "Hey, I've seen you a few times in class, do you want to go for a few drinks later this week?", and if she says no, then there was never anything you could have done, and just let her be and move on.
>>
File: 1463678440128.jpg (50 KB, 544x360) Image search: [Google]
1463678440128.jpg
50 KB, 544x360
>>29609581
You're right anon.It's just that I come from a very close-minded country, there are a lot of crazies in my extended family but only one of them ever got help, and that's because he was a schizophrenic. I'll go studying abroad soon enough hopefully so I could try to go to a psychiatrist there
>>
>>29609547
Depression is something that really hits a lot of people hard. I personally removed myself from my friends and felt completely alone at my lowest until I started seeing a doctor about it. I would advise you to do the same, anon, since it really does help out. Chin up, you'll be fine, just talk to a doctor, ok?(:
>>
I don't have any mental or social problems, I have friends and I'm still fairly young (even if I am a virgin, I just graduated high school so I got plenty of time)...will visiting this board too much cause me to start to develop emotional, social, and confidence problems easier? I'm always paranoid about it.

inb4 normie
>>
>>29609613
Thanks anon, hope you have a nice day
>>
>>29609667
I visited doctor but for unknown reason she stopped treating me. I dont think that doctor will help me because i'll never take any medications - i'm too sensitive for that stuff.
>>
>>29609560
Depends on whether or not you'd be happy earning a lot less but doing something you love. Personally, my plan is to get a boring well-paying office job, where promotions and management are the name of the game. However, I think it's extremely rare for someone to work on something they truly love, so if it makes you happy and will make you happy in the future, then maybe you should stick with it and lead a chill life.
>>
>>29608261
>victim blaming in the first post
Fuck you OP.
>>
>>29609665
If you think that's the best course of action, then go for it and wait it out. I'd advise to see someone now, especially if it runs in your family, but it's up to you, really. Good luck(:
>>
How do I stop liking girls over the internet?
>>
>>29609671
Yes, it will, especially if you let anything said here get to you. I stopped visiting this board once I started transitioning from a robot into a normie, and only occasionally visit to post advice threads and stuff. As cliche as it sounds, get out while you still can, this place is poison for the mind.
>>
>>29608210
How is babby formed?
How is babby formed?
>>
>>29609638
fuggggg

Okay I'll fucking do it I think maybe.
>>
>>29609762
Always had a feeling. I guess I won't come here as often. I knew not to trust what is said here but once you see something it still sticks with you.
>>
>>29609699
Go see another doctor then, it's not that the entire medical field has abandoned you, just one person. Even if you can't take medication, therapy is a hell of a thing.
>>
>>29609716
I also told a person how to commit suicide earlier in this thread. I'm not really a shoulder to cry on - I just offer pragmatic advice to any question asked.
>>
File: 1467200880530s.jpg (2 KB, 72x124) Image search: [Google]
1467200880530s.jpg
2 KB, 72x124
>>29608210

I am going back to school in August. My mother was supposed to buy an apartment for me to live in - but due to her being her usual self that has completely failed.

I cannot go to that school without accommodation, which seems less and less likely as the days go past. Help?
>>
>>29609787
I cant afford it. I dont want any entry about my stuff into medical card and private docs costs shitload of money. Maybe i'll overcome this myself or die in the mud.
>>
>>29608210
At what age should I an hero for being a virgin?
>>
>>29609849
As much as r9k wants to say that mid 20's is still acceptable but 17-18 is breaking point for late bloomers. 16 is normal time for loosing virginity.
>>
>>29609849

Honestly. I would not care about it. If you find the right person it should not matter.
>>
>>29609754
Start sleeping with women in real life. I know, easier said than done, but your infatuation with online women probably stems from a lack of real women and affection in your life.
>>
>>29608210
there is literally no point in trying to give robots advice. they refuse to improve themselves or admit they might be doing things wrongly in the first place, and they'll only make excuses to fight against anything that doesn't fit their narrow worldview.
>>
>>29609892
Well I guess I better start sleeping with some fatties.
>>
>>29609766
Man has sex with woman. Woman gets pregnant.

>>29609778
Obviously there's risk involved, and you might get turned down, but that's life, anon(:
>>
>>29609822
There are going to be other people with a similar problem. Find a fb group or something for people looking for private accommodation and find something there.
>>
>>29609825
Is medical care not free in your country?
>>
File: LkARIDr.png (137 KB, 526x436) Image search: [Google]
LkARIDr.png
137 KB, 526x436
>>29609866
>tfw 23

Thanks for confirming what I already knew famalam
>>
>>29609849
Sex isn't everything, you know. The only person who cares about your virginity is you. I have plenty of virgin friends and they're just as popular as I am. In fact, I'm as normal as they come (plenty of friends, go out multiple times a week, have gf and multiple exes), and I only lost my virginity at 19.
>>
>>29609922
Not every robot is like that. This maybe a fruitless talk, but even if one robot benefits from this, then I will consider this thread a success.
>>
>>29609985
It's somewhat free but if you get depression or other mental illness diagnosis written into your card, employers usually avoid that kind of people.
>>
>>29609935
Essentially, yeah. Have fun!
>>
>>29610066
I'm starting to think being alone is better than the alternative.
>>
>>29610065
Hmm, I'd suggest that getting better is more important than career prospects, anon. What country do you live in?
>>
>>29610148
Some 3rd world Eastern European shithole called Lithuania. It's just not culture thing to publicly speak about visiting psychologists.
>>
>>29610080
I'd say that having any sex is better than being lonely. Alternatively, you could go for people you're genuinely attracted to, but that's a lot harder to achieve and will take more time.
>>
>>29608210
How the fuck do get rid of anxiety of having sex? I've never had one but mere thought of showing your naked body to other person and seeing other person naked is sending shivers down my spine. I'll never get one because even touching my skin feels like electric current running through my body.
>>
>>29610170
Yeah I lived in Russia before moving to the UK, and mental illness is still a pretty taboo thing in Eastern Europe. I don't really have anything on hand, but maybe try to research something online about how to deal with depression without seeing someone. I'm sorry I don't have an immediate answer, anon :/
>>
>>29610195
Hmm, I don't actually know. I'd suggest doing it a few times with someone who knows about this and can comfortably ease you into it when you feel ready. Essentially, try to get a gf and once you do that tell her that you're not yet comfortable seeing each other naked and that you need time with her to get comfortable with it.
>>
>>29610170
this. Nobody here visits them, it's shameful to visit psychologists in Eastern Europe, like you're dangerous for the society and can't control yourself. In western countries it's normal, everyone over there has mental problems and has nothing else to do but discuss them with doctors. In Eastern Europe you just get drunk and cling to your socieal circles or talk with random people.
>>
File: sales.png (40 KB, 1036x373) Image search: [Google]
sales.png
40 KB, 1036x373
>>29608210
I started an online business last year as a side-project to my NEETdom, now it makes more than both my parents combined. I haven't told them about it.

Right now I'm just putting everything in the bank. Should I be investing it? Right now it's just cash in a savings account.
>>
My ass crack is sore, what should I do? Serious question
>>
>>29610258
>like you're dangerous for the society and can't control yourself
Exactly. No matter what, dont let employer to know that you have history with them or you're clinically depressed, otherwise it might ruin your job experience.
>>
>>29610287
No idea. Sorry, I'm absolutely terrible with money. I'd suggest putting it all in a bank since that's the safest option, but if you're intent on investing it then maybe invest in some British companies, since they'll probably go up after their massive fall a few days ago.
>>
>>29610289
See a doctor if it hasn't gone away after a few days.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.