[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is to live in big city as a robot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: 1466684417248.jpg (7 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
1466684417248.jpg
7 KB, 183x275
How is to live in big city as a robot?
>>
File: 5nPFP.jpg (13 KB, 299x362) Image search: [Google]
5nPFP.jpg
13 KB, 299x362
I go to college in Manhattan/NYC. It's not bad because there's tons of things to do; but I rarely go because I have no one to go with.

So lonely...
>>
It's great tbqh

Not an original comment
>>
File: 1467195756339.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1467195756339.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29607224
At least in some aspects, it's easier than living in a small town.
>blending into the masses is easier
>not fitting in is less of a problem
>more things to do
>being forgotten is easier
>>
>>29607224
doesn't really matter because i never go outside anyway
>>
There's lots of stuff to go out and do but the Seattle freeze makes meaningful social interactions impossible. Once in a while I go out but most of the time I'd rather stay in my apartment and do comfy stuff.
>>
>tfw want a city apartment
>hate people and crowds
>>
>>29608359
>>29607250
>>more things to do
Like what? What could you possibly be doing outside as a robot that isn't social?
>>
File: 1428732905350.jpg (91 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
1428732905350.jpg
91 KB, 873x627
If you have weird interests like Warhammer and vidya tournaments, it's great because you can actually, well, enjoy them.

I grew up in a small village on the Swedish countryside and there was fuck all there for me to do. Shit fucking sucked. Now I live in a big city and have easy access to all my hobbies.
>>
>surrounded by normies at all times who serve to remind you that you're a loser with no friends
>surrounded by billions of things to do that you can't take advantage of because you have no friends and are scared to go outside
>loud as fuck and you wind up having to base your sleep schedule around other people and things instead of yourself
>liberal shithole
>everything's expensive as fuck
Listen, it's great if you're a normie, but being a robot in a big city is like being a starving homeless man peering through the window of a restaurant on a winter night, watching people eat delicious food and knowing you'll never be able to join them.
>>
>>29608773
>sour grapes
t. someone that doesn't live in the city
>>
>>29608800
>I just got back from going to the movies with my friends and then hanging out at the local coffee shop
>I'm such a Robot guys, like I felt depressed the entire time.
>The girl I have a crush on barely even talked to me while we were out.
>Maybe I should go clothes shopping
I bet you're "awkward" too. Do you also use Snapchat?
>>
>>29607224
Pretty cool, seems counter intuitive to think being surrounded by so many people let's you hide and be alone better but that's the case
>>
>>29608716
Places to go
There are lots of things to do but nobody ever bothers to do the. By things to do they mean there are thousands of places to sit alone with your phone and have a coffee
>>
>>29608741
>have social interests that rely on other people
>claims to be a robot
>>
>>29608883
Yeah, you definitely don't live on the city
Most social thing I do is when I wake up 3 am and go to the gas station to eat something and its completely empty save for a couple employees
>>
>>29609050
Like 4chan? Like /r9k/?
>>
>>29609068
>Most social thing I do is when I wake up 3 am and go to the gas station to eat something and its completely empty save for a couple employees
So you literally stay in your apartment all day and talk about how good it is to live in a big city?
I don't understand, what things are there for a robot to do in the city that doesn't involve being around other people?
>>
>>29609084
>implying I have to actually interact with other people on 4chan
>implying every single post i make isn't an insult or some kind of condescending comment
careful sven, if you look at the screen too long the somalians may catch that boipucci of yours unguarded
>>
>>29608800
I live in New York City you stupid fucking embarrassing retard.
>>
>>29609126
>pretending to be a shutin in NYC
as if you could afford that lifestyle kid
>>
>>29609126
How can you afford to live there?
>>
>>29609110
Listen, when you live in a small two there is nothing, there is no one and there nothing happening.
Even a robot here is forced to move around once in a while. I have been all over the place myself, I have options you don't even robots benefit from the city environment. There are robot jobs, there are robot places like big as fuck comicbook stores and conventions. Yes I'm alone but alone by choice, you pretty much have to choose to be alone here
>>
>>29609113
Robots are the most social people in the world. You are as addicted to social media as women are to texting if not more
>>
>>29609364
>Listen, when you live in a small two there is nothing, there is no one and there nothing happening.
Why would any of that matter to a shut-in again?

>Even a robot here is forced to move around once in a while. I have been all over the place myself, I have options you don't even robots benefit from the city environment.
You can easily get those benefits living in a smaller city of a few hundred thousand though. In fact you even get more benefits because you're likely also around nature and probably have a car.
You also still didn't explain what these events are.

>There are robot jobs
Those are everywhere.

>there are robot places like big as fuck comicbook stores and conventions
I thought you said you weren't social.

>Yes I'm alone but alone by choice, you pretty much have to choose to be alone here
You're not a robot, you're a normie who is trying to come off as mysterious and deep.
>>
>>29609280
I'm a NEET and I live with my mom.
>>
>>29609386
this statement based on nothing and brought to you by a projecting retard
>>
>>29607224
Let's start with places to grocery shop, where do you buy your grocerys?
If you are lucky and live in a big town you have your own Walmart, that's it
Me? I have 4 supermarkets close by, countless grocery stores, the Asian market and pretty much can get anything you could think of without having to move much but if I want to move I can go downtown where you can't walk 5 steps without someone trying to sell you something
Ok food now, you have a couple pizza places right?
I have countless option both restaurant and take out, there are so many sushi places I can get half price sushi any day of the week
Enough about food, how about technology?
There is a literal mall that only sells tech and accessories, you can get the weirdest gadgets and shit
How about fun?
You can go to the regular movie theater, the discount movie theater that charges one dollar per ticket, you can go to the more artsy or niche theaters that show international movies or make Miyazaki marathons
Tons of different options too, take them or not is your choice, shit happening everywhere
Education?
Your pick, everything gets taught, prices range from dirt cheap to really fucking expensive
Work? You can just your ass for a great job or get one of the thousands of easy to get into jibs
>>
>>29609451
It's based on the fact that you spend 12 hours a day chatting with people
>>
>>29607224
Tourists are super annoying
A lot of people are cold/rude
You feel very lonely with millions of people around
People always try to scam you
Beggars always ask for money

My city has 3.5M people iirc
>>
File: 1467071922794.jpg (55 KB, 372x527) Image search: [Google]
1467071922794.jpg
55 KB, 372x527
>>29609528
>making strange assumptions based on nothing
are we having the same discussion here?
>>
>>29609405
Kek
No, I'm a robot because I'm too socially retarded to keep the friends I make after like two months
Not all of us are sub garbage level, I became a robot at 16 when everyone started getting laid but I couldn't so I played Minecraft alpha while Chad friends texted me they where getting double blow jobs
>>
>>29609554
If you don't spend 12 daily hours here you are not a robot tho
>>
>>29609574
>failed normie
>same as a robot
>>
>>29609588
>imlpying an anonymous imageboard is social media
>>
>>29609551
I should probably also add some positive points
No matter what day or time you can always find a full bar and a grocery store
There are stores everywhere
Fast internet
Easy to make acquaintances
A lot of history(unless you live in some Chinese mega city that is roughly 5 months old)
A lot of cultural stuff, you will always find something that interests you
Bands actually play close to you
>>
>>29607224
Good I suppose, people don't really try to talk to you and people seem to keep to themselves
>>
>>29609602
How could I be a failed anything if I never tried in the first place?
As soon as everyone started getting laid I knew I was too bad for it so I removed myself from the pool
>>29609605
That's exactly what it is you turbo hipster chanology
>>
It's loud, climbing over people everywhere, you have little to no privacy, the opposite of a robot's natural habitat (his mother's basement)

It's pretty cool though.

>>29608773
>loud as fuck and you wind up having to base your sleep schedule around other people and things instead of yourself
this
also ny
>>
>>29609740
So the only thing you think big cities have is anime and comic conventions, even though even small midwestern cities have them?
>>
>>29609776
No, big city's have everything. Personally I studied character design in an animation studio, then went to art school to get a degree in animation but it closed the career because not enough students and finally I got a drawing profesor to give me classes at home for dirt cheap, i also got dirt cheap coding lessons and now I'm planning on going to a public college to get a degree in C's
Name all of those things you could have done in your small town. And that's what I wanted to do, there are hundreds of options, you have a convention once in a while? I have football stadiums, concerts every weekend small, big and enormous, there is live theater, there is an opera.
Every convenience you can think about at reach, food from all over the world and I have small town relatives who complain about having a hard time getting fucking fruit
>>
>>29609937
Forgot to write there are several conventions almost every day, hell there is a theater that's pretty much the weeabo theater because they rent it for anime screenings every other weekend
>>
File: photo.jpg (154 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
154 KB, 900x900
OP here
Sadly I'm from city with less than 20k population so I can't do shit alone
It's worse when i think I'm wasting my life on doing literally nothing all days
>>
>>29609937
>I studied character design in an animation studio
>then went to art school to get a degree in animation
>got a drawing profesor to give me classes at home for dirt cheap
Universities have that everywhere. And why would you ever go to college for the arts? Where did you get this money? I hope you didn't put yourself in debt just to learn to draw.

>Name all of those things you could have done in your small town
All of that. Are you kidding me? What next, are you going to say you can get fast food too?

>And that's what I wanted to do, there are hundreds of options, you have a convention once in a while? I have football stadiums, concerts every weekend small, big and enormous, there is live theater, there is an opera.
Yes, that too. Do you think everything that isn't a city of 5 million is basically uninhabited?
>>
>>29610031
Get a license.
>>
>>29610031
There are at least 4 million people here. There are buildings constantly being constructed and demolished, I see new restaurants open and close everyday. It gives you great perspective of life
>>
>>29610044
>University
Except I learned it in an animation studio and when art school failed I got a profesor to come to my home for pennies same with coding. And now I'm going to a free public college for my free education
Money? I chose the cheap option of 5 different options, my dad footed the bill but it was just one semester.
Sure you have the one university that teaches everything where the janitor gives phisycal lectures there
Where? Where is the nearest animation studio?
>>
>>29610044
I went to a concert with more than a hundred thousand people there. That's five times ops city population
>>
>>29610056
what license
>>29610079
Life is going, everything changes and nothing lasts forever
>>
>>29610154
Why would a social recluse ever want to do that?

>>29610172
Drivers license.

>>29610122
>Except I learned it in an animation studio and when art school failed I got a profesor to come to my home for pennies same with coding. And now I'm going to a free public college for my free education
Neither of those are intrinsic of large cities.

>my dad footed the bill
Who would have thought.

>Sure you have the one university that teaches everything where the janitor gives phisycal lectures there
Your maturity is about what I'd expect too.

>Where? Where is the nearest animation studio?
Where's the nearest physics lab? Where's the nearest vineyard? How about the nearest racing track? Just because you live in a big city doesn't mean you're going to be anywhere near an animation studio.
>>
>>29610243
>There is nothing you can do in a city that you can't do in a town
>No, that doesn't count because why would a social recluse want to do that
Why would a social recluse want to go online and talk to people all day? You should move to a small farm in a mountain you can't access any way other than. 3 days of hiking. A small town is still too social for you
>>
>>29610268
Why do you keep talking about towns?
>>
>>29610243

Where's the nearest physics lab? Where's the nearest vineyard? How about the nearest racing track? Just because you live in a big city doesn't mean you're going to be anywhere near an animation studio.
We have all 3 of those things even tho you have to go to outside the urban area to visit the vineyard
You must live in a place with more cows than human beings.
I have more of everything you moron, I can choose wathever I want however I want it, there isn't even just one animation studio, there are plenty
>>
>>29610291
A small town has little population but you my friendly sasquatch should move to the middle of nowhere or else another person may catch a glimpse of you once in a while
>>
I envy big city's dwellers. They have so many people around that they can easily find someone with similar interests (boards, anime, games, etc). But in villages and towns you're absolutly, totally lonely.
>>
>>29610312
>We have all 3 of those things even tho you have to go to outside the urban area to visit the vineyard
Way to completely miss the point.

>You must live in a place with more cows than human beings.
Playground insults, nice. You're wrong though.

>I have more of everything you moron, I can choose wathever I want however I want it, there isn't even just one animation studio, there are plenty
Not surprising given the fact you likely live in LA, one of the biggest cities in the world.

>>29610329
Again, why are you bringing up towns? I clearly said "a smaller city of a few hundred thousand". Pay attention to the conversation.
>>
>>29610365
Kek I don't live in la you moron
What part of there is everything here don't you get? A big city grows, it only makes sense to invest in a city while investing in a town is moronic hence I get the best of everything by simply living heree. Enjoy your three types of fruit and urban area you can explore in half an hour, enjoy your town center that's only a block long too you flyover hillbilly, I can only phantom what the local news says everyday. Urgent news the corn keeps growing
>>
File: 1460107505625.jpg (9 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1460107505625.jpg
9 KB, 250x242
>tfw live in an irrelevant village of 6k people in slavshit land
>will never achieve any dreams I have
The buildings aren't even high enough for me to jump off of and my moms knives are too blunt to use for throat slitting purposes
>>
>>29610454
>Kek I don't live in la you moron
The fact you're calling me "moron" for not knowing where you live implies you think I should know it. Thinking other people should magically know what you're thinking is a sign of autism. I'm not even kidding.

>What part of there is everything here don't you get? A big city grows
Smaller cities also grow. In fact smaller cities tend to grow at a faster pace because they offer more attractive benefits to potential businesses. What's your point?

>it only makes sense to invest in a city while investing in a town is moronic
Again, we're not talking about towns. Stop trying to create a strawman about town living. We're talking about small/moderate cities as opposed to large cities.

>hence I get the best of everything by simply living heree. Enjoy your three types of fruit and urban area you can explore in half an hour, enjoy your town center that's only a block long too you flyover hillbilly,
By this point it's obvious you're insecure.

>I can only phantom what the local news says everyday. Urgent news the corn keeps growing
Yes you can only "phantom". Very cultured vocabulary you have there.
>>
File: (3)maxresdefault.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
(3)maxresdefault.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
>>29610561
Bring me my shotgun ma im going to teach these cityboys a lesson
[Banjo music plays]
>>
>>29610561
You have no fucking idea what faster growth means
If mah got you 20 apples but the next day your aunt who is also your sister got you two more apples that means you have 10% more apples
If your neighborg Tom beats up his wife again because there is only one apple left and she goes and gets another apple in exchange for sex then they now have twice as many apples.
Who is growing faster?
>>
>>29609514
And all that for the low low price of no one talking to each other, people being debased to consumer goods to be bought and sold on Tinder, and never having any kind of transaction with another human being on an emotional, cultural, intellectual or any other level that isn't dehumanized and reduced to the economic level alone.
>>
File: xvmTDtU.jpg (238 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
xvmTDtU.jpg
238 KB, 600x600
>>29607224
it's the best because you're anonymous

people might think small towns fit introverts but in reality that's where people recognize you. in small cities you're literally a faceless nameless creature nobody pays attention to. it's almost like wearing a mask always. your neighbours don't recognize you, the corner store clerk doesn't remember you, people on the street don't even pay attention to you.

I could never leave the city after experiencing one year in a small town
>>
>>29610795
I meant to say "even in smaller cities"
>>
>>29610746
But that's wrong too, you can get meaningful interaction without needing to have 20 different cousin living near you
>>
>>29610734
>You have no fucking idea what faster growth means
If the population increases that means there's more demand for housing. If there's more people there's going to be more business. The bigger the city grows the more its economy grows, which in turn makes it more attractive for business, especially when coupled with incentives like tax cuts and low prices for development (compared to a very large city). Not that complicated.

>If mah got you 20 apples but the next day your aunt who is also your sister got you two more apples that means you have 10% more apples
>If your neighborg Tom beats up his wife again because there is only one apple left and she goes and gets another apple in exchange for sex then they now have twice as many apples.
>Who is growing faster?
A company wants to develop a distribution complex to expand their region. What do you think they'll choose, a large city surrounded by densely populated sub-urbs or a smaller city 100 miles away that will sell them land under market value because it'd be beneficial to have their business?
>>
>>29611017
But the same company already has their base of operations plus 3 distribution complex in the big city to be able to keep up with the demand they have in a place with ten times the amount of people and twenty times the per capita income
>>
>>29611142
Why are you assuming this is a large company? A large company wouldn't likely be expanding their US region if they have a warehouse in a large metro. We're talking about regional companies.
>>
>>29611209
so big citys get all the million dollar investments from all the blarge companys and all the good jobs they convey while you get maybe one thing from a small distributor?
way to prove my point
>>
>>29611353
A distribution complex is a multi-million dollar investment anywhere. Development in a small city has a much greater effect on the local economy compared to a large business developing in an already very large economy. I'd also be willing to bet the kinds of development you get in large cities wouldn't employ as many people as businesses moving to small cities.
>>
>>29611464
there are more distribution centers for bigger corporations in the city
it only has agreater effect because small city economy is shit
you are a moron, if anything it employs more people, distribution to small citys is just sending one or two trucks to the one walmart, big city distribution works on many stores around the clock.
If there is a shortage of something in a small city they deal with it, in a big one the have to move heaven and earth to cover it as best as they can
>>
I grew up in NYC and stayed at home all day playing games. I really regret not doing anything since I moved because I didnt realize how good I actually had it.

I probably couldve had a number of gfs and loads of sex if I wasnt so autistic back then

Now I live in a hick town in Florida and I'm more antisocial than ever because I have a slight accent and everytime I meet a new person they ask me about it. I fuckimg hate being treated like an outsider. Reeeee
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.