[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you explain being unemployed for the most of you life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
How do you explain being unemployed for the most of you life to an employer? No lie feels good enough, you can't just tell them you were too depressed and anxious to do anything most of your life and contemplated suicide and tried to escape reality through games and masturbation and sleep?
>>
>>29603618
Say someone you know is a self employed landscaper, whatever and you worked with them. Then get that person to cover for you and dodge a reference.

Worked for me.
>>
Mental illness acceptance in the workplace, plx.
>>
Tell them you were sick (psychically) for that period, make something up.
>>
>>29603618
You don't need an excuse for not working, that's not what they are asking for. You just need to tell them what you were doing instead. Saying that you've been sick sounds really bad, it's much better to tell them that you've been playing video games. Don't be ashamed of it, they don't know shit about video games but if you act like it's shameful they'll believe you. If you act like it's no different from devoting yourself to a sport for a couple or years or travelling the world, they'll believe that too.

If you act like you did it because it was important to you, you'll impress them.
>>
>>29603618

You're better off saying something like you were going through a long period of indecisiveness and trying to figure out your life.

Or throw it in there and give it a believable background like coming out of depression.
>>
Tell them you were caring for a sick relative and that you used your spare time educating yourself in whatever way seems relevant to the job you are applying for.
>>
>>29603618
>"I was too depressed and anxious to do anything most of my life and contemplated suicide and tried to escape reality by devoting myself entirely to my meaningless job"
>"I was too depressed and anxious to do anything most of my life and contemplated suicide and tried to escape reality by doing volunteer work in Africa."

>"Well In my youth I got into a game called world of warcraft, before I knew it I was the leader of guild of hundreds of players that ranked fairly high on the competitive ladder. For me it became more like like unpaid labor than a game at that point haha, setting up communication systems and webpages, scheduling events and so forth, but I was too emotionally invested in the progress in the guild to abandon them. Haha I remember this one time when..."
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.