[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to fuck off from society. I've fucking had it, I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: cabin-in-the-woods-charlie-choc.jpg (289 KB, 720x900) Image search: [Google]
cabin-in-the-woods-charlie-choc.jpg
289 KB, 720x900
I want to fuck off from society. I've fucking had it, I'm done. I'd rather kill myself than integrate.

How do I sustain living alone?
>>
Learn to hunt and everything flows from there.
>>
>>29603051
I'd suggest going somewhere that is remote enough that you can be off the grid, but within some distance of a township. the upper-midwest is chalk full of these places.
>>
>>29603109
This sounds ideal, really.

>>29603064
Might be inclined to eventually.
>>
>>29603051
Have you read "Walden" by Henry Thoreau? Is that the lifestyle you're looking for?
>>
>>29603154
Actually yes, not in a while but I have. Sounded really comfy.
>>
join the military, they'll teach you some survival stuff
>>
>>29603164
By what areas do you live in? If i was ever gonna do that id either move to Oregon or somewhere in middle America. Do you plan to make your own cabin or rent one?
>>
File: IMG_3378.jpg (896 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3378.jpg
896 KB, 1600x1200
>>29603154
>>29603164

Also read Walden once, I was surprised at how many societal problems he mentions also apply today 150 years later or something, loved that passage about the canadian forestry worker.

Read this, it's not too long and if you're interested in that stuff you'll definitely enjoy it.
http://www.riverbendnelligen.com/tomneale/anislandtooneself1.html

Also - hermitary.com is a pretty cool site to explore for ideas.

Some years ago I bought a 90 hectare property with a little house on it, there's also a pretty large and a smaller barn behind me in pic. I'm still living with my parents, trying to save up as much as possible. There's also a few more things I want to add like solar panels on the barn roof, here one gets a yearly 10000 kWh of panels for about $20k, and I'm thinking about adding a little wind turbine to that as well, there's only grid electricity right now. Inside there already was a firewood stove, which also heats the whole place, so that's a pretty excellent setup.
>>
>>29603199
East coast, I'd have to put down a lot of money to relocate.

>>29603572
God I could fucking cry looking at that pic. That's what I want, simplicity. None of the added bullshit, just simple living away from the bullshit.
>>
>>29603635
Would you ever marry or want to share the place with someone you live or is this a purely lone wolf lifestyle you're looking for?
>>
>>29603842
No, fuck all of that. I'll live alone.
>>
>>29603051
You don't. The wilderness is full of hard ship and a modern man wouldn't be able to survive in it and that's assuming you manage to find wilderness that inst' already ruined. You may like to fantasize about living out there but recognize that its nothing more than an escapist fantasy to try get away from your own terrible life.

I don't know what issues you have that made you think like this but it seems to me the real problem you're having is financial since you would be able to live like a hermit in modern society with the right funds.

There are businesses you can start and run as a hermit that don't require you to leave your house, by the way. But it can take a long time to learn these skills if you don't have a talent for business. A long time -- but its better than nothing.
>>
>>29604459

In my area (northern europe) it's highly possible for any reasonably able bodied human to survive around the year in the wilderness. Survival courses are pretty popular, they'll teach one how to build shelter and keep warm, what's edible and how to cook it etc. But just raw survival like that is far more spartan than our comfortable modern lives. I'm under the impression OP wants more of a middle way there though.
>>
>>29603051
>>>/out/
And I don't mean "leave," I mean you should try asking that board about woodsmanship and "living innawoods"
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.