[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw I failed getting the scholarship I targeted cause "we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: 1459384637531.jpg (25 KB, 403x376) Image search: [Google]
1459384637531.jpg
25 KB, 403x376
>Tfw I failed getting the scholarship I targeted cause "we need more women in science"
>tfw "there are only males among recent alumni" cause there were literally no women among the candidates.
>tfw I'll be in debt until my mid thirty if I cannot get funding for my phd, assuming I find a decently paid job right after graduation.

I'm about to turn full frog and into an irrecoverable misfit.
>>
File: eng.jpg (45 KB, 687x389) Image search: [Google]
eng.jpg
45 KB, 687x389
Come on OP have some respect for female engineers
>>
>>29602314
waste of money willing to bet that money is just sitting around for women to use and they don't use it because women don't like steam. people are fucking retarded and this affirmative action bullshit is destroying our economy because no innovation are being invented because they decided to help women instead.
>>
File: 1467040423432.png (218 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
1467040423432.png
218 KB, 600x579
>>29602314

Women CHOOSE not to STEM. There's no spooky patriarchy board at every university keeping them out. Overwhelmingly more women are attending and graduating schools than men, something even Obama addressed (and approved of).

If most women want to go into social "sciences" or nursing or whatever, that's not anyone's fault but their own. They have every advantage and every opportunity. Most women simply don't want to STEM, and no amount of pandering will change that.
>>
>>29602314
Nah mate you failed getting a scholarship because you're a dumb cunt.
>>
>>29602476
maybe that's true for most fields
if i were a normie woman thinking about, say, engineering, i wouldn't do it without a lot of additional incentive
because you're going to spend your whole education and at least a lot of your career surrounded by thirsty boys with poor hygiene
in that case the past gender makeup of the major is having actual, non-make believe effects on the future makeup
>>
>>29602354
I'm done with interactions. I don't understand how things work.

>>29602467
Believe it or not, but there's a "[Uni name] Women Aid Program", which she's likely to get on top of the one we competed for.
The two added are comparable to my expected starting salary.

>>29602476
For the ugly one they have it as hard as usual dudes but the cute ones often get a free pass.
>eye contact for few seconds then smile like she's the jury's daughter.
>The "on the verge of crying" wet eyes but "not giving up and finish the defense".
I sometime wish I was born as a cute girl.

>>29602557
Well, you might be right, considering I'm releasing my bitterness by blogging on r9k
>>
File: images.png (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6 KB, 225x225
>>29602570

Cuck detected

So let's pander and give them an unfair advantage because they might be uncomfortable with their colleagues? If you truly have the passion for science and engineering needed to be worth shit in the field anyway, being "slightly uncomfortable with your classmates boohoo" should mean absolutely jack.

This is what we mean when we say women live life on easy mode and can't accept even minor inconveniences.

P.S Fuck normies riiii
>>
File: images-1.jpg (3 KB, 244x206) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
3 KB, 244x206
>>29602570

On your final point, women have been outperforming men in education for years now, so your argument is invalid. They managed to dominate in a predominantly male area (higher education); the fact that they don't want to get involved in STEM, despite the nonstop propaganda and encouragement and special treatment trying to get girls into STEM,is not our problem.
>>
>>29602756
>all day every day as the biggest carnival prize in the eyes of brownies who smell, constantly bother you, constantly make advances, and probably stalk or even harass you
>"slightly uncomfortable"
>>
File: mzK6X_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg (355 KB, 600x584) Image search: [Google]
mzK6X_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg
355 KB, 600x584
>>29602847

Fuck off, white knight. Are you actually making the argument that we should give women special treatment and easy entrance to STEM because "hur dur all the guys in fourier analysis classes are thirsty stalker rapists we needs to protect the wiminz from patriarchy )))):"

How about girls develop an interest in the field, get accepted into schools on their merit, and perform well in STEM through hard work and intelligence (and maybe a bit of luck) like every fucking other person?

Why should we deliberately weed men out and put extra women in because of your stupid non argument?
>>
>>29602925
as a well-adjusted man i would not go into engineering or early childhood education or any performance art regardless of my skills, background, or interest because of how the people are who populate those fields and the size of the reward. doing so would be a form of self harm.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.