[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm genuinely curious, does anyone ACTUALLY live like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 850x638) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 850x638
I'm genuinely curious, does anyone ACTUALLY live like this? It seems cool and all but I wonder how much effort it would actually take to keep the NEETvan up and running.

Also does anyone have any /cozy/ pics like this?
>>
>>29602203
where do you shit i don't wanna stink out my van?
>>
File: 1414990979924.png (548 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1414990979924.png
548 KB, 700x700
>>29602203
I think this is the same artist, not sure.
>>
>>29602203
sheeit, i wish i could get an apartment like that

a van just seems too cringry, like how da fuq do you get running water for shower and other stuff?
>>
>>29602228
Most rv parks have separate bathrooms and showers so you don't have to use yours
>>
>>29602228
I guess the toilet is in the shower(?)
>>
>>29602203
Reminds me of that Doctor Who episode
>>
No room for plumbing, engine, drivetrain. Massive power drain. Walls only 2 inches thick
>>
>>29602303
Have you ever been in an rv anon? Granted this one isn't necessarily accurate, but a more realistic one wouldn't be as comfy
>>
File: 41696564.jpg (89 KB, 480x400) Image search: [Google]
41696564.jpg
89 KB, 480x400
bumping with more comfy cartoon pics
>>
>>29602203
Having a cat in a small enclosed space. Can you imagine the smell???
>>
>>29602382
From what i understand alot of japanese otakus live like this.
>>
Look into tiny houses anon, real people live in spaces that small
>>
File: forest comfy cabin.jpg (181 KB, 630x473) Image search: [Google]
forest comfy cabin.jpg
181 KB, 630x473
>tfw no small cozy forest house
>>
>>29602203
>>29602238
>>29602382
http://pixiv.navirank.com/user/182601/
Sauce acquired
>>
>>29602203
no, all those "i converted this bus and traveled for two years" posts are rich trust fun kids blowing it. Nobody who can afford to live like that actually wants to live like that. All that compact gear, conversions, is expensive as hell. If you've got a job that lets you afford it i doubt you're going to be able to park your van/bus house thing outside of work either.
>>
here's a more realistic version (it's a van though, not an RV):
https://www.instagram.com/radam_gnawrot/
>>
>>29602203
I'd love to live in a van like that. I'd probably continue to work odd-jobs as I traveled around the country though. I've always wanted to work in a National Park.
>>
The studio I'm about to move into is 10x12.

How do I set it up for MAXIMUM COMFY?
>>
>>29602719
All my furniture is really high off the floor and I put storage containers underneath them. My TV/monitor is mounted to the wall opposite my bed next to which I have bureau so I don't have to get out of bed to work, play games or anything. My fridge is across the room next to some shelves and a table with a cook top on it and some more containers underneath.
>>
>>29602238
Omg i need this setup in my life
>>
>>29602238
4Chan's fantasy, assuming there is a hole in the seat to shit in to

Never stand or walk again!
>>
>>29602203
You can live like that only if you have land to permanently park it and attach to the utilities. Otherwise it gets too expensive, even in a trailer park.
>>
>>29602285
Do you know how I can tell you'e American?
>>
File: what.jpg (48 KB, 404x253) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
48 KB, 404x253
>>29602719
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juWaO5TJS00

This fagget here knows a lot about comfy spaces
>>
>>29603955
For all the ridiculous money that was spent on this, he could've just bought a place twice the size.
>>
>>29603911
Build a water wheel on the river somewhere discreet. A true NEET would set up an electric grid for himself. Could run your PC with terabytes of games and movies and whatever else.
>>
>>29602445
fuuuck, those are so comfy
>>
I often consider doing something like that.
The van would be problematic though for getting high speed internet for gaming.
But outside that I already live in a military barracks and it feels about the same size and I do fine in here. Hell I live out of a 6x3 rack pan for months at a time. I can do that shit.
>>
>>29602203
livin it up in turkey
>>
>>29603955
I live in a place of that size and I don't need any of that stupid bullshit, it fits a normal couch, kitchenette, coffee table, closet, TV/bookshelf cabinet, and computer desk. What the fuck, why is he even doing that shit?
>>
>>29604089
lol forgot photo
>>
>>29603987

But then he wouldn't have that space.

Also, maybe not in an urban center like that. Space is expensive.
>>
>>29604190
But I have that space if I move the coffee table and put the couch up. What is the space even used for, ballroom dancing?

>urban center
It's in a gypsy infested part of Barcelona in a building that's falling apart with no elevator. I mean I know Barcelona is retardedly expensive, but I also know how much it costs to do this renovation bullshit with entirely custom furniture, even if you do all the hand work yourself it's stupidly expensive compared to just slapping an IKEA kitchen or other ready made stuff.

This is just a rich hipster's experiment, nothing else.
>>
>>29603955
nigga this shit is retarded
>>
>>29604301
Well there have been other things like this, its just people figuring out what they want out of a house.
There's things like cob houses that cost like 3000 to build, a guy who made houses with spraying cement over a baloon so it made a sphere house, all sorts of dumb shit you can possibly imagine. The point is, are you okay with living there?
I honestly don't really give that much of a fuck so I think I would be fine just living out of my car, but then things pop up like showering, cooking, power for a CPAP machine, etc.
It gets complicated but compared to having an apartment its much better. The true advantages of RVs and the like is its mobile so you can spend time outside of the damn thing, not inside of it.
Comfy is a state of mind attained by design that suit yourself. I for one would love a baller as fuck mansion with a huge ass forest built over a former miltary silo which I fill with more fucking forests underground but only a few can afford to do dumb shit like that.
The truth is that most people live like crap, with crap that they throw together out of trash.
>>
>>29602203
Seems comfy as fuck, desu
>>
>>29605406
>Well there have been other things like this, its just people figuring out what they want out of a house.
If you're rich enough to "figure out what you want out of a house" you're rich enough to just buy a normal house and stop being a pretentious hipster. It's like >>29602473 said basically, just noticed he pretty much said the same thing.

I like all those silly projects btw, and I wish I could afford them, but if I could, well, I could afford a normal place too, so yeah.
>>
>>29602203
I know a couple of normies who live like this.
Google "the boonrig studio"
>>
>>29602203
desu building a tiny house would be cheaper than paying rent where i live and go to college. I would seriously consider it if I had land to park.
>>
>>29602238
Thrombosis says hi, unless youre 70y old this is a bad idea.
>>
File: 1466468696971.jpg (47 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1466468696971.jpg
47 KB, 900x900
>>29602439
>no internet
RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Why do all these pictures have tissue boxes in them? Are all these anime girls sickly and need to blow their noses often?
>>
>>29606633
do you not have a tissue box always standing around? theres a ton of uses for them. wiping yourself after eating, cleaning up after fapping, wiping dust or any spills, wiping off sweat, catching spooders...
the bread and butter of staying in your room all day.
>>
>>29606658
>do you not have a tissue box always standing around?

No because I'm not wasteful and fat.

> wiping dust
>wiping dust with tissues
>>
>>29602203
You don't want to live like that full time. Mobile homes are a pain in the ass to maintain and get expensive as fuck. All those shitty lightweight parts cost a fortune. Plus regardless of how well you maintain an RV, it will eventually turn into shithole because those things are not designed to last.

Unless you have $250,000 to drop on a brand new RV, it's not comfy at all.
>>
>>29606677
>wasteful
a box costs like 40ct
>muh trees
fuck off
>>
>>29606697
I can tell how fat you are by the length of your sentences.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.