[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do /r9k/, depression is getting out of control and it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1444434373283.png (60 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1444434373283.png
60 KB, 500x499
what do /r9k/, depression is getting out of control and it's not going away, I'm actually starting to plan my sudoku bag.

>22
>can't work without ritalin
>take twice my dose if I'm feeling more depressed than normal
>craving alcohol everyday
>get blackout drunk half the times that I drink
>craving cigarettes even though I haven't smoked in months
>can't concentrate, even with the ritalin, because I keep daydreaming about sudoku
>can't relate to friends, I'm just the meme autistic friend
>borderline hate parents
>barely speak with dad
>parents are sick
>got rejected by only grill that caught my attention in years
>chronic skin disease
>actually enjoy my job but the pay is shit
>nothing has felt good in a while

I feel tired. I swear I'll start crying like a little bitch if someone hugs me like in that Good Will Hunting scene.
>>
Stop smoking weed, go to the gym, eat healthier, and start meditating.

Set goals and achieve them
>>
>>29601906
Keep the job. Don't quit. And do your best to save. This is a must.

Why do you hate your parents?
>>
I'd hug you op, but I don't think my arms are long enough.
Don't actually kill yourself, see a doctor or therapist or something.
>>
>>29601966
Actually ignore all of that, that was me memeing. Tell your doctor that your pills don't work anymore, book a therapist, hit the gym, and talk to your parents.
>>
File: 23425346457546.jpg (173 KB, 631x800) Image search: [Google]
23425346457546.jpg
173 KB, 631x800
>>29601953
>Stop smoking weed
I only smoke like once a month at most, h-how did you know

>go to the gym, eat healthier, and start meditating.
Already go to the gym, used to play football

>Set goals and achieve them
I literally just got promoted, I actually started feeling worse

>>29601958
>Why do you hate your parents?
Mother was manipulative and physically abusive when I was a kid, dad has always been a distant cuck.

Mom is still kinda manipulative and whiny, I'd like to move out.
>>
Perhaps talk to your doctor and get some meds for depression. Don't think taking more Ritalin is the best solution.
>Ritalin can cause depression as side-effect
>>
>>29602047
Th is anon has the right idea op, see a doctor
>>
Try to get a gf.
I know, easier said than done. Besides, she'd cheat on you eventually and break you further. But, you know, it does solve all that shit. Having a lovely girl cheering on you so you can fix yourself, even if you don't fix shit you'll at least be happy for a while.

If you don't think you can get a gf then jump.
>>
File: 1400467607102.gif (2 MB, 235x180) Image search: [Google]
1400467607102.gif
2 MB, 235x180
>>29602047
Actually, went to the shrink once, he sent me some Ritalin but I couldn't keep affording a shrink.

I just go to a general doctor (10 times more cheaper) and ask for a prescription. Ritalin actually helps, I started taking it at 21 and I've struggled with major depression ever since I was underage, ritalin isn't causing it, if anything it kinda helps me cope at work.
>>
>>29602092
You can ask your doctor if you can try some SSRI (typically first med doc tries for depression). There are other types also, but it is worth a try.
>>
>>29602152
To clarify. SSRI in addition to the Ritalin you use today.
>>
File: 1433218099722.jpg (42 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1433218099722.jpg
42 KB, 250x250
>>29602152
I lift, I used to take a fuckton of anti-depressants when I was underage, last shrink (3 months ago) actually prescribed me Fluoxetine but I read that it has a fuckton of side effects like gaining fat and shit.

I'm a stubborn fuck with meds, I can't help it, but I still want help.

I felt like talking with someone could help more than meds, I've never believed in meds or in made up psychiatric shit, to me only depression and anxiety are real and tangible.
>>
>>29602047
>One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
>And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all

if you can, don't rely on the meds or you'll never be off of them, OP.

work on healthy habits (mental and physical) and see a therapist if you need more support.
>>
>>29602225
I'm more of a person that wish there is a simple solution aka. meds as I'm very reluctant to talk about my problems.

But >>29602251 is probably right that the best way is to avoid meds.

Not sure if this has any real effect or not. but one thing you can try is to write down your thoughts. Not to show anyone just to have written it down for yourself. You don't have to keep what you have written I think it's the mental process of laying out the problem in a different way (instead of thinking on them) helps. You get to lay it out in an orderly way and it might give you new insight or just a let out. But again, I'm not sure if it will help; don't think it will hurt.
>>
>have urge to greentext life like OP
>get sad about it and decide not to
>realize I'm just in another adhd haze of refreshing /r9k/ and /pol/ and searching the same sites for essentially the same shit everyday
>>
>>29601953
Every advice thread ever
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.