[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I went to a job interview today and blew it. Feel like shit cause
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: 8ys9VjL.png (152 KB, 616x725) Image search: [Google]
8ys9VjL.png
152 KB, 616x725
I went to a job interview today and blew it. Feel like shit cause I missed my chance to finally end my NEEThood. What do you robots do when you feel like shit (or shittier than usual)?
>>
>>29601410
I shitpost on 4chan.
>>
Hit the bottle, m8. A cold beer and some hot wings will do 'er.
>>
>>29601410
Attempt to sleep the pain away
>>
>>29601410
Hey man, at least you tried. You gonna try again?
>>
>>29601410

>Hit the bottle

This. Consume as many beers and cigarettes as you can.
>>
>>29601410
Drink until I blackout
>>
>>29601410

I've put hours of work into my Resume.
Carefully crafting it.
Walk around all town sending in my resumes every day just even looking for a minimum wage job.

I've been 6 months without work now.
I feel so hopeless.
>>
>>29601481

i am taking part in that right now
>>
>>29601840
I'll apply to a few more but hopefully I won't end up having to apply to a terrible minimum wage job.

>>29601940
We'll get through this, man.
>>
File: 5ad.png (122 KB, 361x370) Image search: [Google]
5ad.png
122 KB, 361x370
>>29601410

I feel you, OP. I've applied everywhere for a basic tech support position as well as help desk. Not a single reply, not even a simple email saying "fuck off".

I really don't want to go back to being a pesky door to door salesman.
>>
>>29601410
>>29601940

Why do you want work?
Why not video games?
>>
I drive like an asshole douchebag. Cut people off, scream profanities at everybody I see, exceed speed limit by at least 15mph, shift late to make my car louder. Works for me.
>>
File: emptywallet-231x300.jpg (12 KB, 231x300) Image search: [Google]
emptywallet-231x300.jpg
12 KB, 231x300
>>29602195
No one WANTS work, everyone just needs money.
>>
>>29602195
>why do you want food?
>why do you want shelter?
shut the fuck up you cunt
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29601410
This is just a bump in the road, as a lot of people have had bad interviews before, so you shouldn't get too down over it, and you should keep trying.
>>
>>29602195

>Why do you want work?

This question seriously needs to be illegal. They fucking KNOW why but they're just trying to bait you into giving the correct bullshit answer.
>>
>apply to a perfect job that lined up with my skillset
>matching qualifications and everything
>ask me to come to 3 separate over two hour long interviews over the course of 3 weeks
>perform adequately
>during those interviews they had me talk to managers, executives and people who I would work under making the process even longer and stressful
>after all this hoop jumping reject me with a generic email 2 weeks later

wasted practically a month's worth of my time. fuck this shit. job hiring today is such garbage.
>>
File: 1421540618053.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1421540618053.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>just want a job stacking shelves at the local grocery store
>requires a Master's degree in Shelf Stacking Theory and 7 years experience
>>
>>29602814
And one of the worst parts about interviews nowadays is that they don't even hire you just based on skills, they hire whoever is best at lying about how they've always wanted to spend their 9-5 doing menial tasks.
>>
>>29602865

I get this. Looking up jobs today. About to apply for a securits guard position in some shifty warehouse. "TEN YEARS checkable RELEVANT EXPERIENCE NEEDED."

I wrote them an email on my thoughts on this. Won't get the job but felt good to vent.
>>
>>29602865
>implying
Fuck off with this shit meme.

>>29602977
They won't even read it. I guarantee it.
>>
>>29603004
not him, but I applied to a Walgreens and they made me do three interviews and take an online test.
>>
>>29601410
I haven't been a NEET for 4 years. It was rough getting out of it. Do not despair, learn from your mistakes.

I just had a horrible interview at a job I really wanted because the pay was super good. Then today I had a random interview for a company I didn't expect to hear from. The pay is stupendous and there is a lot of travel involved, which is what I want. I aced it and I've pretty much landed the job.

Some times you miss it. Just keep trying and learning. Talk yourself up. Practice, anon.

I'll help you, even. If you want.
>>
>>29603065
How did you explain the 4 year gap on your resume?
>>
>>29603114
>I haven't been a NEET for 4 years

Also, I dropped out of high school and vaguely attempted college. So, it was really more like I had just graduated when in fact I had dropped out at 16 due to crippling social anxiety and became a hermit for two years.
>>
>>29603043
What's your point? That's not the same as needing years and years of experience. That Walgreens process is standard for those drugstores. CVS is another one like that.
>>
>>29602309
>>29602532
>>29602615

Dude just become a NEET and you can sleep and stay in your room as long as you want.

Money isn't that great. What the fuck is so important that you want to work for it. It's not fucking worth it. I would probably do it if I would get the same pay as a CEO.
>>
>>29603166
some shit b8 right here
>>
File: tendies.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tendies.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>29603166
>Money isn't that great

Good luck buying tendies after mommy croaks without money
>>
>>29603179

I'm not baiting. Tell me what the real world has to offer what your cozy room with Internet can't give you. You have access to all the entertainment you want and you don't even have to go outside. Just enjoy life man.
>>
>>29603271
You wouldn't have a cozy room with Internet if somebody wasn't paying for it
>>
>>29603271
I have friends that I like to physically go places with.

>n-no man, just come over instead, a-a-and we'll look a-at google maps for a f-few hours
>>
File: 1429614615984.jpg (18 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
1429614615984.jpg
18 KB, 680x583
>>29603166
I will literally become homeless if I don't find a job this summer, you fucking retard.
Seriously, do you faggots get enough money to pay rent by just sitting on your ass all day?
>>
>>29603140
My point is that hiring processes are fucking retarded for shitty minimum wage jobs. Also, that person was obviously joking in their post.
>>
>>29603496

I'm not sitting. I'm lying.

And yes I'm a Euro and receive governmentbux.
>>
>>29603389

I have 1 friend. He is also a NEET. We also go to physical places.

Why can't you be more like me instead of a wagecuck? Don't you realize what the Jews do with the profit you generate for them? How much blood you get on your hands?
>>
>>29603609
How? I want to hop on the neetbux train too.
>>
>>29603655

Get depression/mental illness/ptsd...

Say you were raped or bullied as a child or suffered some trauma.

The the psychologist can tell the government that you are too spergy for work.
>>
>>29601410
Ive got an interview for overnight stock at a grocery store tomorrow prior to this ive been on countless interviews for IT/compsci jobs corporate side all of which turned me down because market here is flooded and its easy as shit to find someone who has more seniority in the field to take the job at entry level pay.

Its depressing considering alot of the interviews went well and the ones that went shit were just eye openers to how bad the job market in my region is. I feel like im going backwards i went from a high stress "yet low pay" corporate tech job that had promise to lead into something great to shitty short term contract jobs that were just bricks on my resume to not even being able to even find a job because corporate and even start up scene just dumpsters your resume if they see 6 month gaps between jobs.

Im not in debt or anything im considering just returning to community college and hoping i land this job and if so hoping my future supervisors arent the retards with power types.

>>29603595
Ive had interviews were interviewers assumed i lied on my previous job descriptions because of hourly pay i was given. Another interviewer had worked the same position i did at one of previous jobs 10 years back and he flat out told me my resume didnt make sense because when he worked there they never did any of the stuff i stated. HMM ITS BEEN 10 FUCKING YEARS SINCE YOU WORKED THERE. Ive had one that had like an extensive hiring process that i managed to get through two phone screenings and a in-person interview just to be told after a group interview that even though im qualified my personality didnt seem to blend well with the company environment.
>>
>>29604006
>>29603595
These are all IT/compsci positions so its literally anything goes since market is flooded. But the worst interview i had was more recent. I ended up hanging up on them the company had some conference call with their internal hiring and management team during the phone interview the interview was set to last around 30+ minutes since i would take turns answering questions and such. Its going fine yadda yadda then bam Hr lady asked me "where do you see yourself in 5 years" to which i responded with "if im hired here im hoping to see myself furthered within my position and hopefully have moved out of the entry level setting into a higher tier of support to which i can take on new and more advanced responsibilities" It supervisor guy immediatly cuts me off saying this isnt one of those positions that his employees are tasked with all sorts of roles and that i would probably get bored because i would still be in the same role in the future and that i can stop the interview at anytime because he didnt want his teams time wasted if i wasnt interested.
>>
>>29601410
I masturbate until I'm numb.

This is a daily ritual now. I don't even do it for pleasure, I just do it so I can be numb to the loneliness of my life.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.