[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My parents are renting me an apartment to live in alone next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1467162675227.jpg (369 KB, 600x806) Image search: [Google]
1467162675227.jpg
369 KB, 600x806
My parents are renting me an apartment to live in alone next school year since I never made any friends in uni and didn't want to suffer in dorms a third year. I have never lived alone before and while I am excited I'm still a bit unsure of myself. Any tips for an anon living alone for the first time?
>>
Learn to cook if you don't already know.
>>
Depends on how you are used to living. If you were already pretty independent (as in you wash your own clothes etc) then it's just what you're used to but with more freedom and the option for solitude.
>>
>>29599689
Always have like $500 set aside in case something breaks. Never run out of TP and get a plunger before you move in. Get a tool chest and familiarize yourself with basic house maintainence. Keep up on the cleaning. Make the living space yours and have it so every room in the place is a room you can chill in
>>
>>29599689
>My parents are renting me an apartment to live in alone
I am so jealous anon
my parents keep on telling me to get roommates because they think if I keep on living with others eventually I will get friends

that is not how this works

good luck living alone, just remember to not forget to eat and you will be fine

also NEVER shit at your house, then you will have to clean your toilet. wait to take your daily shit at the school
>>
>>29599778
>>29599794
Cook and clean and do most stuff on my own.

>>29599803
I'll probably just get a studio but the tool set is a good idea
>>
>>29599823
You should be fine. If you don't get twitchy without companion in house, you should be perfectly fine.
>>
>tfw went through four years still living at parents
>got BS
>starting grad school at the same place
>will probably spend the next 5 years with them
I can't imagine telling people in my program that I'm still living with them. Fucking hell I should just move out, even if the salary is horrible.
>>
Its fun for a wile then it get boring.
>>
>>29599689
yeah i did the same, my junior and senior year i lived in a studio apartment

i never told my parents it was because i didnt make any friends though

it was pretty comfy, although i lived in the shitty mexican part of of town and there was always cockroaches. it definitely fucked me up a bit mentally too, being completely socially isolated for two years straight.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.