[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone else just want to get intoxicated all the time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10
File: 1444243539981.jpg (972 KB, 2000x1600) Image search: [Google]
1444243539981.jpg
972 KB, 2000x1600
I'm depressed but I'm too much of a pussy to do anything to end my life. Instead, I just find myself wanting to be intoxicated 24/7. Beer, liquor, weed, pills, anything really. Anyone else like this?
>>
I do like getting drunk, but only if it's only for a day or two. At the third day, I'm not into it anymore
>>
File: 1466179843437.jpg (333 KB, 800x516) Image search: [Google]
1466179843437.jpg
333 KB, 800x516
Near same situation op. And yet somehow I have been off of everything for about half a year. I can feel my heart beating faster when I think I am on the verge of convincing myself to use drugs again. Its not even about feeling extremely good, just feeling any way other than the way I do almost everyday.
>>
Used to be this way with various substances especially benzos that is an addiction I do not reccomend withdrawal was worse than opiates in my opinion also was a really big drinker and cigarette smoker but I had an acid trip that made me respect my body much more and quit cigarettes and now I only drink socially on occasion

Life does fucking suck sometimes I can understand why you would want to dull yourself from it
>>
>>29599635
if you don't mind me asking, what is/was your drug of choice?

>>29599682
I had a brief stint with benzos (particularly xanax and valium) and I only tasted a small piece of the withdraw symptoms when I came off. I can only imagine what it must be like for someone with years of abuse.
>>
If more people posted drunk I'd probably have more fun in life

People who come to this site tend to be mentally damaged from being sober and loveless 24/7, they don't even slowly kill themselves with booze. The ultimate waste of life
>>
>>29599833
I agree. Being drunk has its benefits in some capacity and allows you to view life in the same way a romantic would. I think, maybe naively, that "functioning addicts" have it right. To trickle in states of ecstasy and intoxication within their regular life without having it overlap, or in the worse cases, ruin their lives completely. I'm totally jealous of those that can still be accomplished and still indulge in their favorite chemicals/substances.
>>
I prefer prescription uppers and weed. They make me positive and energetic for a few hours, then I smoke to help with the comedown. I'm never sober for more than it takes me to wake up, get dressed, and get to the car, where the first thing I do is smoke.
>>
File: tumblr_o7c6pnKgJH1qitdj1o8_1280.jpg (99 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7c6pnKgJH1qitdj1o8_1280.jpg
99 KB, 900x1200
theres no such thing as chemical imbalances only problems that have to do with your situation in life not being what you want

you only fuck up your brain more when you put all these dangerous chemicals in there

then it becomes obvious why you cant experience pleasure anymore because you used up your dopamine in one shot when you took the drug

now ur a dead man walking
>>
>>29599805
My favorite was oxycodone, or whatever similar opioids I could find. The effect is subtle at first, and it really made me realize how much happy brain chemicals can influence what you once believed to be a mostly logical perspective on life.
>>
>>29599304
I drink heavily at least 5 days out of every week. I smoke weed all day every day. I smoke meth at least twice a week. I stay away from opiates now, because it would make me feel like my life is worth living, that things will be ok.

Opiates would have me feeling like i've accepted that she passed away. And that it wasn't my fault.
>>
>>29599904
I am absolutely not a functioning addict, I don't function sober either. I've accepted that there is an actual reason I've been diagnosed with asperger's, If my brain weren't abnormal I'd be able to refine myself or be okay with flaws in myself and others, but everything about this world tears me apart. It's funny to me at this point.
>>
I'm trying to drop it. You know, maybe have some self control, drop the fapping, drop the drugs, drop the alcohol. Not completely, but being doped 24/7 is enjoyable, but it doesn't make me happy.
Have you tried self harm? Not necesarily cutting your wrists, but punching walls or hitting yourself can feel good at times. I started doing that and that was when I decided I had to cut short on all this bullshit.
>>
>>29600036
wna know a natural opiod ?

coffee

it works pretty darn good at gettin you back in gear

wont kill you

just do smart things, hardcore damaging drugs are not smart

god create everything set up good so you can be happy with all the regular things of life then you get happy chems naturally and through healthy dieting and working out u get endorphins
>>
>>29600171
>through healthy dieting and working out u get endorphins

Oh please, I'm not disputing this, just the effectiveness of it. If you actually had an opiate problem and overcame it this way, you're in the very small minority of people who are easily satisfied.
>>
/// IMPORTANT ///

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAEfeNLKwd0
>>
>>29600225
no. its scientific what im saying

go cold turkey on your shit

suddenly you start to realize oh shit the smell of a flower when i walked out the door actually quite literally captivated me

but you wont get that because youre so chemically bogged down ur body not working right anymore

even over masturbation alone can cause this too
>>
>>29600171
I workout 6 days a week and monitor my diet consistently and let me tell you, a runner's high or a good workout cannot touch the euphoria and sensory pleasure of a prescription upper or even a small dose of MDMA.
>>
File: tumblr_o7c6pnKgJH1qitdj1o9_1280.jpg (292 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7c6pnKgJH1qitdj1o9_1280.jpg
292 KB, 1200x900
>>29600305
>a runner's high or a good workout cannot touch the euphoria and sensory pleasure of a prescription upper or even a small dose of MDMA.

no shit
i didnt expect it too

do you think thats healthy for your brain though youre over taxing it

its the same chemicals responsible for pleasure in your brain just different dosages

and basically you deplete yourself quicker on the instant grat pill instead of having a long duration of happiness throughout the day
>>
>>29600338
You're not wrong, but this is not a compelling enough argument to get anyone to quit. It's like saying "get a job" people are designed to seek reward, they will always choose the reward that requires the least amount of the work for the most gratification.
>>
>>29600338
you're stating facts that I'm already quite aware of. I don't see the necessity to try and educate me, or "convert" me, on the usage of drugs.
>>
>>29599304
>>29599635
>>29599682
go to 4:01
https://youtu.be/wHWbZmg2hzU?t=4m1s
>>
File: tumblr_no7j2eLKJO1qitdj1o1_1280.jpg (174 KB, 901x766) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no7j2eLKJO1qitdj1o1_1280.jpg
174 KB, 901x766
>>29600386
No youre not getting it
If it requires a lot of "work" then youre already doing it wrong refer to this post >>29600022

you have to sit down with yourself and find out how to have an easy life while not destroying yourself at the same time

you do whatever you want to do but do it under soberness from hardcore drugs which are harmful

so its actually the best way to live and the least amount of work drugs make you sadder and deeper in the depths ultimately
>>
>>29599304

I am, but I use drugs to keep me from being a NEET.

It's possible.
>>
Chemicals are all I live for. Everything I do I do so I can get fucked up in the future.
Going to school right now for a hopefully good job that'll giveme the money to buy a house to do drugs in.
>>
File: uEuITBc.jpg (126 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
uEuITBc.jpg
126 KB, 640x640
>>29600386

the bondage of hopeless despair is what draws you to the drugs

youre believing that the only other alternative is grueling tasks and hardship and you people are scared and cringe at the idea of being sober

its realllllllllly messed up

in reality you can have all the things u need and still be happy without the need of drugs
>>
File: tumblr_nn78cl3uOf1qitdj1o5_1280.jpg (566 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn78cl3uOf1qitdj1o5_1280.jpg
566 KB, 1280x1920
doing drugs is not free theres an equal and opposite force for everything

youre not just cheating the system im gonna do heroin all day! gg life

nahhh.

its misery ....you get tolerance build up . your utopia in your brain during the midst of a high can only last so long and you seek it perpetually after that chasing what

to what end
>>
No, not at all. Just sometimes is fine,and this is coming from who uses hard drugs on the reg
>>
>>29599304
Yeah, but I don't do drugs. I've smoked weed to try numbing the pain, it only makes me paranoid. Cigs are a shitty drug and only make you feel worse. I get intoxicated by fresh air, and music. If that makes any sense.

I am depressed 24/7 and I lay in a bathtub and think about death. Wishing for death.

I just wallow in my sorrow and concentrate in my breathing, the way my body moves. I know it sounds like faggot shit but it makes me feel intoxicated in my depression, somehow.
>>
I used to self medicate with weed. I would smoke so much in one sitting. But then I read about weed and schizophrenia genetic link. At first, smoking was fun. It made me feel much better than I would ever feel sober. But then, I began to get paranoid and think about death. I would feel very uncomfortable and a strange feeling of too much self awareness. It would be like a suffocating feeling and i would be more aware of all of the anger inside of me. I quit after all that. No more for me. I'm on antidepressants now and I feel better nowadays.
>>
>>29601066
I don't like weed or cigarettes, really. I stopped those in my teens. I absolutely love uppers, though.
>>
File: 033_Higgins_Low Res.jpg (75 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
033_Higgins_Low Res.jpg
75 KB, 640x427
>>29601159
>. I absolutely love uppers, though.

use natural herbs
tinkering with ur brain like that is not natural

you think all those billions of people could just take an upper whenever they wanted

just all sad all the time?

are these people drug addicts?
>>
>>29601228
Everyone is addicted to something fuccboi
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.