[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /legal name change/? What did you change your name to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: 1446557872882.png (101 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
1446557872882.png
101 KB, 1200x600
Who here /legal name change/?
What did you change your name to and why? What was your name before?
I actually don't expect many, if any replies to this. I'm not sure if name changing is really a common thing
>>
I want to change my name after my father dies so I didn't have to deal with heritage bullshit
>>
>>29599255

last name Hitler?
>>
>>29599255
why? What's your heritage?
>>
Knew a girl named elin who changed it to mira. bredy qt desu
>>
I can barely choose a character name for a new game
>>
Last name count? I took my wife's name when we got married.
>>
>>29599446
Kek Cuck
Auryjynnol
>>
>>29599446
that you varg?
>>
>>29599446
>>29599538
nothing wrong with that most times, I suppose
the only thing I would base that off of would be, "is her last name cooler than mine"
>>
>>29599120
I actually had mine! I changed it to Slanien from Pubert, my parents was NOT happy to say the less.
>>
>>29599120
From Ahmed to Adam, family.
>>
I'll probably be changing it around when I turn 22, at least my last name. Doing other things to separate myself from anyone I associated with too.

With the direction my life is likely headed, I don't want my family or friends to come under threat if I get into deep shit.
>>
>>29599666
What's going on in your life? It sounds interesting
>>
>>29599810
Co-founding a cult that has ideals that make /pol/ look sane purely out of boredom and nothing else to do with my life.

In all likelihood we'll get a few followers at first and then lose momentum and die out, but I'm taking precautions regardless.
>>
>>29599961
Sounds kind of cool. Where are you located?
>>
>>29599961

>make /pol/ look sane

But /pol/ is the sanest thing around
>>
>>29599961
what are the ideals?
>>
>>29600016
Pittsburgh, but we are looking at Seattle or LA to debut publicly.
>>
Know a guy who changed his middle name to "danger"

He works at Publix now, would have been a high school dropout if it were possible to fail his parents' unschooling system

Fear of turning out like him is what keeps me motivated in life
>>
File: 1464726287529-r9k.jpg (652 KB, 1901x2460) Image search: [Google]
1464726287529-r9k.jpg
652 KB, 1901x2460
>>29600016
>t. Not FBI
>>
>>29600046
Optimistic nihilism, if that makes any sense. Essentially, since nothing matters, we seek to "communicate the freedom of the soul from all social, political, and economic constructs."
>>
>>29600120
That sounds like I might agree with those ideals. Anything I can contact you by?
No guarantee I'd be joining anything, really, but I'd like to hear about your progress.
>>
File: 14660046527784.png (952 KB, 1100x1311) Image search: [Google]
14660046527784.png
952 KB, 1100x1311
>>29599120
Hoping to change my last name soon so I don't have to carry on my dad's last name.
>>
Not legally yet, but I plan to. My real name is Kieran, I'm changing it to Eric which is my middle name and what everyone's called me since I turned 18.

I got called Queeran a lot in high school, that was enough for me. Plus the name literally means "niglet"
>>
>>29600378
Most of our communication is in-person or over more secure online channels, so we don't really have a contact email or anything. I could easily set one up, but even though I'm in charge of communication the founder is really micromanaging and wants me to seek approval for every little fucking thing. I've been trying to get approval for a while, but bleh.

I'll see if I can get a hold of her right now.

I don't know if I can get approval right now, but look around over here and /pol/ for the next week. Great for cult recruiting.
>>
>>29600112
What kind of motherfucker brags about cp on FACEBOOK?
>>
>>29600120
That just sounds like a weird mix of absurdism and anarchism. When you said weird I thought you meant like scientology-weird or super stormfront bros.
>>
>>29600657
Yeah. It's an easy platform for us to recruit edgy teenagers for gruntwork, number-bolstering, and mostly social exposure as well as recruiting dedicated adult autists for some of the more important operational stuff.
>>
File: 1443356826589.jpg (179 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1443356826589.jpg
179 KB, 1280x853
I've changed my name twice in the past two years. Third times the charm.

my parents took the first change hard and bring it up when they're feeling aggressive. I haven't said anything about the second, and won't be telling them about the third upcoming change.

I'm 19. I just want a memorable name with a blank slate.
>>
>>29601574
The case for me is that I sorta just want a more unique, or like you said, memorable name, you know what I mean? My current first and last name are both very boring. I'd like something cute and out of the ordinary.
I know, I know, "special snowflake"
>>
>>29600120
Dont know if you're still here, but when exactly do you plan ti make this move to Seattle or LA? I plan to move to LA in two years myself and that sounds intresting to me. Any strict rules on weed?
>>
>>29601735
>>29601574
special snowflake syndrome
you guys should end yourselves
>>
>>29599120
Is constantly being called by your nickname worthy of a namechange? Ive been called by my nickname since the first grade, when i introduce myself to people i dont even give them my born name, i just give them my nickname
>>
>>29601801
In LA weed is illegal and if you get caught with it you're gonna get charged unless you have your medical card. Although in Santa Monica and San Francisco, weed has been reclassified as a "low priority" by the police and you can smoke freely. I've walked around SF smoking a bubbler with an ounce of dro on me without a care in the world.
>>
>>29601847
Just to add on to this, when teachers used to call my full name out, people would say "whos that" and then they realized that it was me when i answered back
>>
I changed mine because my parents gave me a faggot ass new age whiteboi name
>>
I was thinking of changing my name to something very common like Adam Jones. Make it impossible to google search me.
>>
>>29601873
Where im from right now its illegal, but they're slowly but surely changing their minds. I was planning on getting a medical card when i got there because ive heard you can easily get one or find a doctor to give it to you online, but i dont know how much of a scam that is. But that sounds chill as fuck walking around town smoking from a bubbler without a care in the world
>>
>>29599446
>I took my wife's name
And I guess you also took her son?
>>
>>29601735
I understand what you're saying. There's nothing special snowflake about it when you're name matches none of your personality.

It would be a special snowflake thing if was an obvious, ridiculous sounding name, but anything a little uncommon is fine.

Hope you find it.
>>
>live in usa
>silly looking (and sounding) german last name
>constantly getting comments on it
>everyone finds it utterly baffling
>have to spell/pronounce it out loud for people all the time
I'd like to change it but I feel like it's just too late at this point. I honestly believe I wouldn't be so weird if I was just born a Smith or Williams or something normal like that.
>>
>>29601912

What name was it?
>>
>name changed because tranny
>>
>>29602652
Gaylord Sparklestein
>>
>>29601735
>>29601842
>>29602025
I wonder what the guidelines would be for special snowflake and a little uncommon, the divide
what constitutes uncommon and special snowflake
>>
>>29602772

Please tell me that was a joke
>>
>>29603556
it has to have been
>>
Went from Osama to Sami
>>
for anyone who's changed their name, is there any evidence that you've changed it or that it's not your birth name?
just wondering
>>
>>29599646
Do you also have a tall, deep voiced Frankenstein butler?
>>
>>29599561
varg changed his name alltogether to louis cachet to avoid harassment
>>
>>29600525
>her

>tfw no qt cult leader to serve
>>
>>29600604
>hating on mad thad
>>
>>29601873
no retard, he's asking if the cult is okay with weed
>>
>>29601574
How did you change your name at 19? I'm 19 and I fucking hate my first name it's so stupid.
>>
bumping a nice thread
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.