[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ex NEETs: how long did it took for you to adapt to the wageslave life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 35974-1-1368387860.jpg (32 KB, 240x336) Image search: [Google]
35974-1-1368387860.jpg
32 KB, 240x336
Ex NEETs: how long did it took for you to adapt to the wageslave life?
>>
>>29598544
Life only gets worse.

Highschool and college are literally supposed to be the best years of your life, that's where you "grow" the most.
>>
I wish i could be a nightblade in real life.
>>
>>29598544
Nice dubs.
I miss just jerkin off and watching cartoons all day, but if I stopped going to work I'd get bored and miss leaving the house.

And having money and a car is pretty great ngl.

I sometimes feel tempted to quit and coast on savings for a while, but that's probably because I haven't taken a break since Christmas.
>>
Bump #4623
>>
>>29598611
Would you ever quit after working less than 8 months?
>>
Bump #4624
>>
I have just recently quit a full time job to do part time again. The idea was to finish my degree on my days off but I think I'll coast for half a year.

I never got used to being a wagie - my job was super stressful and I got 18NZD/hr, despite still having to pay full excess when an old lady hit my work car.

Now I'm working for the govt and it's quite cushy, I dread going but once I'm there it's fine. I'm sure I'll always miss sleeping my days away, but at least I'm a little less depressed.
>>
File: pawn.jpg (282 KB, 2048x1150) Image search: [Google]
pawn.jpg
282 KB, 2048x1150
It is a never ending process.
Adapt or die.
Most of the people on here are dead. They wail like the dead. They'd rather be in limbo than live.
A flock of crows is a murder, but crows traditionally are considered the souls of the dead. They cry the loudest next to the dumb frog posters.
>>
>>29599533
No wait I worked Christmas.

I took 4 days off to go to Germany in August. Only break I took since I started.

I should probably take more breaks I have like 19 days I haven't touched and it's already June.
>>
>>29598544
I cant really say im a wage slave because i only work part time on sundays and saturdays. More free time to myself and less time for mr Shekelberg.

>Ironically enough my boss is literally a jew

other than that, i cant say i started at a rough point. All i saw was a dish washing position on craigslist for weekends only and drove to the place immediately and got hired the next day.

Showed up for work, they taught me everything and i was good to go next day.
The money i make from that i spend on college and vydia and i dont pay rent so lifes good at the moment.
>>
bump #4625
>>
File: 1444516971220.jpg (73 KB, 370x278) Image search: [Google]
1444516971220.jpg
73 KB, 370x278
>>29598544
>TES:IV is now a decade old

WAKE ME UP
>>
I adapted pretty quickly. There may be more shit involved with work life, but the enforced routine allows me to live comfortably on autopilot without being bothered by thoughts about the future.
>>
File: Aah47tb.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
Aah47tb.png
117 KB, 320x263
>>29601110
*tips fedora
Good one fellow intellectual sir
>>
>>29604574
This. Only that my work is pretty mundane so I contemplate a lot regardless..
>>
I adapted within the first few months but it was quite obvious to me that I wasn't suited and eventually I quit my job. My realization from this is that even if I manage to get another job (which I know I'm capable of) due to my problems I won't be able to keep it. I suffer from:

* anxiety
* depression
* insomnia
* poor social skills

These all add up to me having close to zero energy most times and the insomnia is particularly debilitating. The whole reason why I'm a NEET in the first place is because I wasn't compatible with society. It wasn't anyone's fault and I'm not lazy. It's just bad luck and I don't intend to burden some poor employer with my horrible problems.

My plan at the moment is to start my own business, that way I'll at least be able to work during the times that I'm not tired.
>>
>>29598609
Hard out
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.