[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Great Gatsby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: raise my glass.jpg (100 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
raise my glass.jpg
100 KB, 500x213
Did any of your robots read the Great Gatsby in high school or otherwise? I feel like it's the number one robot book.

>Nick moves out to a strange land where he doesn't fit in and can't understand why everybody is so immoral and corrupted
>Gatsby is trying to get back to the past, before Daisy got creampied by Chad (Tom)
>Austimo school shooter finally snaps and murders somebody because his wife was fucking Chad (Wilson murdering Gatsby because he thought Gatsby was fucking Myrtle)
>Women being vapid materialistic lying whores in general (every single female)

I recently re-read it and it really hit me in the inner robot, I highly recommend it.
>>
I remember watching it a couple months ago and thinking how literally Gatsby is exactly how I would be if I was rich.

Of course Stacey ends up completely fucking him over. Again. As usual.
>>
It's my favorite movie. Same with my long distance gf.
>>
>>29598354
Gatsby sucked.
Totally unrelatable inhuman cast. Tom was the only sensible character and he's minimally centric.
Same with The Stranger. Nobody was exposed. Blood Meridian bored me to tears too because my vantage was a tabula rasa.

It's sad that I have to read scifi to find real characters.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.