[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /r9k/, what's your opinion on small business wagecucks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1466633556132.jpg (27 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
1466633556132.jpg
27 KB, 500x387
Hey, /r9k/, what's your opinion on small business wagecucks?

>get to know the people in charge of the business personally, deal directly with them 100% of the time
>typically pay better than corporations
>great for networking in your area
>bosses take a personal investment in their employees

Better or worse than megacorp-tier wagecucks?
>>
NEVER work for one until you meet the other employees.
You don't deal with the boss, you deal with those other fuckers. The boss deals with all of you, notice he deals with some slimey people? He's not very clean.
>>
worse

there is absolutely no chance of advancing your career
there are plenty of stories about entry level workers sticking with a megacorp for years and eventually getting to the c-suite
but if you work for a family business, no matter how good of a worker you are, do you think the family is gonna let you take over in place of their own flesh and blood?
the megacorp is a total meritocracy - anyone can buy shares, can buy ownership
the family business is purely nepotism
>>
>>29598497
At my job, I got to ride with other employees on the clock before deciding whether I wanted to actually do any work for them. Good people.

>>29598499
But as a temp job, though? I don't think most people intend to stick with megacorp entry level positions and most don't seek employment there looking to advance (hence why most fast food managers are cunts).
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.