[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wow calc 2 is fuckin hard what do I do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1465343739958.jpg (54 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
1465343739958.jpg
54 KB, 500x353
wow calc 2 is fuckin hard what do I do
>>
pay me to do your homework
srs
>>
Bruh I barely survived Calc I with a C.
>>
i just dont get how people zip through these things its a huge difficulty for me
>>
>>29594895
Kek, then what happens on the exam you retard. That doesn't benefit him at all.
>>
Go to any review / tutorial sessions. They're worth their weight in gold.

past that, practice. Seriously, calc 2 just requires lots of practice and memorizing stuff until it clicks. You'll feel like you're the worst at it until one day it will just get better. That's what happened to me and I survived calc 2 :')
>>
>>29594861
How many hours of practice problems do you do per week? (Actual time spent doing work, not 5 mins of problems, then 55 mins of chinese cartoons).
>>
>>29595316
thank you friend just felt overwhelmed today
>>
I'm English and I always hear people complain about calc x. What actually are they in terms of content?
>>
File: worktier.jpg (69 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
worktier.jpg
69 KB, 550x400
first stop believing in the college meme
>>
>>29596023
Calc I covers derivatives and integrals.
Calc II is a mish-mash of stuff. More integrals (improper, various substitutions, etc.), sequences and series, volumes of a solid of revolution, some applications.
Calc III is multi-variable/vector calculus.
>>
>taking a major that requires math
Kek
>>
>>29596297
Any other major is absolutely useless.
>>
>>29596241
Oh, in that case I've done most if not all of that.
What age do you do it at?
We do Calc I around 16-17, Calc II around 17-18 and I've only just "done" Calc III level stuff at 20

How in depth is it? My multivariate calculus was fucking horrifically difficult but everything else was pretty easy.
>>
>>29596434
Well, I'm Canadian. In my province, we have a course in grade 12 called "Calculus and Vectors". It was basically one half derivatives & limits (no integrals), and the other vectors & solving linear systems. So we don't even see integrals until first year of University, which is about 18 years of age.

Students that have to do the whole sequence will do it them one after another, so by the time they finish they'll be 19.

I personally (and many people seem to agree) found Calc II to be the hardest one, because there are so many different topics that aren't really well connected. There's not much of a "bigger picture" in Calc II, just bags of tricks for various problems.

Here's a Calc III curriculum similar to mine:
http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/CalcIII/CalcIII.aspx

It's definitely an applied math style. No proofs, just solving various problems with the appropriate method. I found it difficult for the first half of the course, then everything just kinda clicked after that.
>>
Calc 1
calc 2
complex analysis
dif equations

>fit any category u want

is all easy unless u really are taking math or some variation of mathematical-computational related field.

that top level of math is def not very everyone.
>>
>>29594861
Repetitions, Repetitions, Repetitions. Seriously. It sounds cliche as shit, but learn the how of doing it before you figure out what the fuck you're actually doing. There are just a ton of fucking rules that you can learn without actually getting nitty gritty about why they are rules. But you can only do that by pattern recognition and that only comes by doing a bunch of problems.

Check out Khan Academy, he has a ton of shit for calc 2. Take notes and work along with the videos pausing and trying to work ahead then seeing where you went wrong, don't just watch them in the background while shitposting.
>>
>not joining the business master race
Ha STEM majors crack me up. Just know that 95% of the careers you do won't command the same respect or earn the same amount of money.
>>
>>29597640
It's not that we don't have the opportunity to, it's that the people that those majors attract typically have incredibly poor social skills. Given an engineer and a typical business major with equal social skills I'd be willing to bet most companies that deal in tech (Boeing, GE, etc.) would hire the engineer. The problem is that the engineering building is full of pretentious sperglords that couldn't sell heroin to a strung out junkie.
>>
>>29597640
What exactly would you be managing in your business unless someone engineered and designed a product you can sell?
>>
>>29597640
>kissing ass, boot licking
>customer service
>marketing
>meaningless data gathering an analysis
>sales

I went to college to avoid these things desu
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.