[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can Christians be so ignorant as to actually believe that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: whatawhore.png (192 KB, 336x434) Image search: [Google]
whatawhore.png
192 KB, 336x434
How can Christians be so ignorant as to actually believe that their Christian religion is actually a fulfillment of Judaism?

The New Testament's theology is completely different from the Old Testament of the Hebrews. By reading the NT, one sees the introduction of certain themes that simply aren't found in Judaism, but that are very obviously influenced from Greek mystery rites.

The entire concept of a suffering deity, of a deity whose suffering and death 'redeems' the world; the idea of followers mystically sharing in this deity's suffering, the strong emphasis on forgiveness of sins and salvation through belief, and of reaching a pleasant/'good' afterlife by performing proper rites and/or subscribing to a certain deity - these are all undeniably elements borrowed from Greek mystery religions and neo-Platonism! The Orphic rites, the Eleusinian rites, the Attic rites, the cults of Serapis and Dyonisus and Isis. These thematic elements are completely alien to Jewish theology, hence why the Jews themselves rejected (and still do) Christianity; there is no 'continuity' between the New or Old, save whatever convoluted excuses Christians use to attempt to reconcile the two.

Does Yahweh the war god ever give the impression of being a 'suffering deity'? Isn't it odd that the New Testament places undue emphasis on an afterlife, yet the Old Testament made no mention of it, such that the concept of an afterlife did not even develop until well into the Second Temple period? Isn't it strange that Jesus bore none of the attributes or signs that Yahweh himself promised the Jews the Messiah would have?

In essence, to put it in simplest terms - the New Testament is a Greek fanfiction to the Old Testament: it is not 'canon', and attempts to reconcile the two are just too problematic and self-defeating.
>>
>>29594354

Easy OP, Christians don't give a shit about Jews.

They killed Jesus, so we respect them because he was also Jewish but will not listen to/study it.

How my Christians even read the fucking bible?
>>
>>29594354
>>29594393

your abrahamic gods are fucking pathetic go back to school and study the universe
>>
>>29594354

Yeah i've always been confused about the Christian stance on new vs. old testament, and how they mush them in to a single book like it's all unified stuff.

t. child of fundie christian parents (now athiest but still read about various religions because it's interesting to me)
>>
>>29594393
The Jews didn't kill Jesus, it was the Romans.

The entire story about the Jews choosing Barabbas over Jesus is a mistranslation. Barabbas is not a proper name: it merely means 'son of the father' in Hebrew. There are gospels - not included in the Biblical canon - where Jesus was called 'Yeshua bar-Abbas' (Jesus son of of the father), and it seems likely this was his epiphet.

When the crowd demanded they wanted Barabbas, they were actually clamoring for Jesus to be released. However, it is likely a Greek scribe made an error in translation and simply assumed Barabbas was another different character, and this conveniently placed the blame on the Jews, rather than on the Romans (do not forget, it was Greeks/Romans who adopted Christianity, not the Jews).
>>
>>29594432
Sorry about the fundie parents thing, it must have sucked.

t.child of relatively observant Catholics (now atheist as well, and same about the reading)
>>
>Judaism
>Not Babylonian paganism
Babylon really fucked things up.
Btw, Catholicism = Satanism.
>>
>>29594354
fuck off to >>>/his/ or >>>/pol/ normalslime
nobody gives a shit about your fucking politics
kys
>>
>Christianity is Jewish!
It's not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=typ2pl2L47k
>>
>>29594484

yes, do not recommend. suboptimal upbringing.
>>
File: (free real estate).jpg (30 KB, 247x247) Image search: [Google]
(free real estate).jpg
30 KB, 247x247
>>29594499
Too stupid to follow, or what?
>>
>>29594512
too stupid to fuck off to a board that cares about your shit, or what?
get out you fucking normie
>>
File: is it assburgers.jpg (104 KB, 430x345) Image search: [Google]
is it assburgers.jpg
104 KB, 430x345
>>29594541
/his/ is basically /christian/ in all but name, so posting such a thread is liable to have nothing but "accept Jesus and be saved!" and "die, filthy heretic" replies, since there is hardly any actual discussion on that board.

As for the 'normie' insult, there is nothing less 'normie' than discussing academic subjects, since normies avoid discussing these, or if forced to, will discuss these with their air of pseudo-intellectualism.
>>
>>29594597
>As for the 'normie' insult, there is nothing less 'normie' than discussing academic subjects, since normies avoid discussing these
spoken like a true fake robot
disgusting normies like you LOVE to talk about "muh pollyticks" or "muh rellygion"
not that i fucking care, normalslime. take your fucking discussion where it belongs and get the FUCK off /r9k/
>>
>>29594678
>fake Robot

I'm a NEET, and dedicate myself to reading history. How is that 'normie'?

>normies like you LOVE to talk about "muh pollyticks" or "muh rellygion"

They do not. What do Robots talk about? Pissjugs and traps?
>>
>>29594709
>What do Robots talk about?
you would know if you were actually a member of this board instead of a fucking normalscum who came here to shit it up because "being a le robot is so cool!!!!"
fucking
kill
yourself
NORMIE
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.