[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to not fuck things up in university? What should I do? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1465141934497.jpg (213 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1465141934497.jpg
213 KB, 1280x960
How to not fuck things up in university? What should I do? What shouldn't I do? I'm pretty awkward, getting really nervous while talking to others and afraid of makeing eye contacts. But because it's a new place, where nobody knows me (I really hope so) I can try to be a Chad (basic normie at least). Any advices?
>>
>>29593828
don't go on /r9k/
>>
>>29593828
how would we know?
*original
>>
>>29593828
Leave your door open while you are in your room people like to hang out and will poke their heads in to say hi
>>
leave your laptop unless its for schoolwork or social media

say yes to every offer to do something

try getting into a group (or make one) the first week and invite them to every event you can think of

join clubs
>>
Are you going to be living in a dorm? If not you're probably fucked.

If you are, leave your door open and absolutely force yourself to socialize with the people in your dorm, even if you are awkward. Because of the way people tend to treat college, this is probably the best chance social retards have to make friends and have a good time.

I'm a 28 year old kissless virgin ronery NEET but I had a fucking blast in uni, had lots of friends, even some grills, and we spent a lot of time playing Smash / dota / WoW / mario kart / etc together (this was 2006)
>>
Get a job on campus
Pirate your textbooks
Go to events on campus for free food and to meet people
>>
>>29594233
>>29594109
Nope, I'm not from Murcia, we don't have campuses (or whatever that things are called)

I already felt awkward when applying, because I'm a manlet and literally everyone well except two fat chicks were higher than me.
>>
>>29593828
study

saged
>>
Step 1: Leave /r9k/ forever
Step 2: Leave 4chan for at least 2 weeks
Step 3: Talk to people, be honest. Make casual eye contact.

Things will work out because people like honest people, and since you're honest the other people will like you and bring you into their normie clubs. You'll learn the normie language and the normie protocols. Before you know it you'll have a life.

tl;dr:
Jump in, head first.
>>
>>29593828
William?
Oreganola
>>
>>29594349
Fingolian?

Bloxxblox
>>
>>29594474
>>29594476
My name contains only three letters. Good luck, Mister Holmes!

>>29594470
Thanks, senpai.
>>
>>29594547
>My name contains only three letters
FAG
A
G
>>
File: 1466306371650.jpg (76 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1466306371650.jpg
76 KB, 480x454
>>29594608
TOO FUCKIN FAST
>>
Whatever you do don't be yourself. That shit is the biggest fucking meme ever
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.