[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You live in a town with a high crime rate, and have therefore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1459306553050.png (1 MB, 896x896) Image search: [Google]
1459306553050.png
1 MB, 896x896
You live in a town with a high crime rate, and have therefore decided to arm yourself. You conceal carry a handgun around. One day, a would be mugger holds you up- you quickly pull out your handgun and point it at him. You tell him
>if you run, I will blow you away
This man's life is now entirely, entirely in your hands. If you shoot and kill him, you will get in no legal trouble whatsoever as you are justified when it comes to self defense. You have put this man in a limbo where you could take his life and have no consequences at all.

How would you feel? Would you kill him? Spare him? Hold your gun on him until the police arrive?
>>
>>29593712

Is it scarier because you can't see its teeth or because you can only just see its eyes.
>>
kill him. I've always wondered what killing someone would be like, so if I had a chance to do it consequence free, I absolutely would
>>
>>29593731
It's the fur and how it's obviously entranced by you.
>>
>Police find he was shot as he was running away
>Defendant claims self defense
That's not how it works
>>
>>29593768
This. you guys are acting as if forensics isn't a thing and they cant tell that he was shot in the back not the chest.
>>
>>29593712
>not having a strong moral foundation

crackheads lives are pretty horrible enough as it is, why would i release him from that awful purgatory?
>>
I'd shoot him, he tried to mug me so he deserves it.
>>
i would shoot him down but not kill him, and rather run than deal with police
>>
>>29593768
Legally you still have the right to do so if he was attacking you or presenting threat to you first. Just like if someone is on your property but sprints when they see you have a gun, you are still legally allowed to gun them down. They have committed a crime against you, and when you infringe on another's rights, your rights are invalid immediately- including the right to life.
>>
File: 1466836273069.jpg (148 KB, 800x1107) Image search: [Google]
1466836273069.jpg
148 KB, 800x1107
I'd kill him, just in case he tried to sue or something (Cuckfornia here, I think there's a law against you if you shoot the guy as he's running away)

That way, it'd be my word against a dead man's word.
>>
>>29593768
>>29593812
Well ignore that then. The fundamentals of what I'm saying are:
1. A man has attempted to harm you
2. You are now able to kill him without consequences should you so choose.

Do you do it?
>>
File: jej.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
jej.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>29593712
>tfw city is a crime ridden aidetic anus
>can't get guns legally on this commie shithole
>tired of this shit, I'm getting a gun
>friend's drug dealer introduces me to an arms dealer
>buy a beretta with a full clip
>keep that bitch with me at all times
>if eventually a thug shows up, has a knife with him
>end his life with one bullet to each eye and go home like nothing happened
>if thug with a gun mugs me
>give cellphone and wallet
>while he is busy with it, shoot him right in the face
>steal his gun
>go home like it's nothing
>realize I just gained 1000% more street juice than I had before
>>
>>29593830
>Just like if someone is on your property but sprints when they see you have a gun, you are still legally allowed to gun them down
take a really close look at your state laws man. Some states say that you only have that right if they are INSIDE your house. so if you gun them down on your own property it doesn't count as self defense and you yourself can end up going to jail for it.
>>
>>29593921
In my state it's anywhere on your property, but I do live in a very conservative place so that's why. I know it's not everywhere, but where I live it's legal. Unless they made it to the sidewalk they're still on your property and you can end their lives, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.
The inside your house rule is nonsense. If I look out my window and see a creepy man staring in, I'm going outside and blowing his head off. He's still intruding and on my property, and can still do terrible damage physically and psychologically.
>>
>>29593898
I wouldn't unless he was trying to kill me or maybe if he had enough info to track me down after. If someone wanted to kill me then said they wouldn't once I had the chance to kill them, I wouldn't trust that and if they could try again later I probably would. idk context is important here.

t. Moralfag
>>
>Ah yes the moment i have trained years for
>Yell verbal commands at him like a cop
>If he tries to make a grab at me, shoot all tens rounds at him probably
>If he runs, whatever
>>
>>29593712
>If you shoot and kill him, you will get in no legal trouble whatsoever as you are justified when it comes to self defense.
That's not true at all. If he's running away, he's no longer a threat to you, so you wouldn't be justified in killing him. Unless he comes at you with a knife or does something else that makes you believe your life is actually in serious, immediate danger, self defense doesn't apply.

In fact, in a lot of states you can only legally kill someone in self defense if you can't just run away instead.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.