[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>applying for a job >in 150 words, tell us about what makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1465810598353.png (80 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1465810598353.png
80 KB, 200x200
>applying for a job
>in 150 words, tell us about what makes you awesome!

what in the hell am i supposed to write?
>>
you watch area robot, you browse /r9k/ regularly and judging by the picture you posted /a/ seems to be your homeboard and you a virgin with no friends and have no money and you are so poor you can't even buy toilet paper.
>>
>>29592329
If you're applying for a job that tells you to "write about what makes you awesome!" I'd honestly not work there; probably full of QUIRKY liberal FUNNY SOPHISTICATED people.
>>
>>29592388
some of that is true

i don't think it's what they want to hear though
>>
here are things to write:
>positive attitude
>team player
>problem solver
>do-er
>friendly and accommodating
>personal details like hobbies or fav activities like watching a genre of movie or tv
>any personal details that are positive and a large part of who you are

basically they want a short paragraph of you telling them you are a normie and you can seem like a functioning normie that they would want to hire.
>>
Question what kind of job would require you to write a stupid essay like that?
I walked out of interviews for stupid wage cuck jobs when I was asked to for example "act" or do impersonations or some shit.
This isn't 2008 anymore Jon market wise and it's not worth it to expend energy for stupid part time shit. If threy really need people and you aren't a fuck up in the sense you know your shit on the job and have the skills and credentials then either give you the job or they find a better canidate regardless of your "spirit animal" or whatever bullshit HR these days does to make itself still relevant.

Ironically I got hired one shitty applestore clerk job where I refused to do some acting shit thst had nothing to do with the product or the job.
>>
File: 2016-06-11-024524_1.jpg (63 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-11-024524_1.jpg
63 KB, 960x544
>>29592329
Oh OP i forgot to tell you just say you are black.
>>
>>29592427
Ive worked in "hipster" new age "environments" (one being this graphical design company) I never got asked to write essays or answer silly questions like "why are manholes cricles?".
Most of them were pretty straight to the point and couldn't afford time to dick around with canidate becuase they were new and needed employs.

Ironically it was the old school established companies like Microsoft Ive interviewed with that had the most bullshit when it came to questions.
>>
That's what we call the "pretend you're a normie" section.
>>
Here OP, I'll help you out:
"I consider myself something of a doer; I played a lot of Chess in my youth and discovered that you can't depend on others to get what you want; you'll never get anywhere by "following the flow" or "coasting"; if you want anything in life, you have to go get it. And I'm applying to this job to go get some fuckn money lmao"
>>
>>29592903
that shit makes my skin crawl it wouldn't be possible for me to send this to someone
>>
>>29592329
problem solver

great at working with people

friendly

mathematically inclined

good at (insert instrument here)

hard worker

not that hard, anon.
>>
the biggest thing people look for in employees nowadays are hard workers and people that are good with technology. If you play nice with people and are at least slightly above average intelligence you'll do fine.
>>
>>29592950
I was mostly baiting to try to keep the thread bumped (something like half of my posts are semi-subtle bait because I like the OP and want his thread to do well)

Perhaps "Awe" or "Awesomeness is in the eye of the beholder" or some similar (very short, indicative of confidence) deflection
>>
>>29592329
Nigger just lie it's what everyone does
>>
>>29592998
>mathematically inclined

Like 45 degrees or steeper?
>>
>>29592329
"Nothing makes me awesome. I have never in my life inspired awe, either in myself or others."

Just be your aspie self. They'll probably hire you immediately.
>>
>>29592329
"Always Unique Terrific Interesting Sometimes Mysterious"
>>
>>29592329
They're basically checking to see if you'll get along with their team

Just go with general stuff. Emphasis on being easygoing and and a team player.

They don't expect you to say you know how to juggle flaming knives. They just want you to give them some kind of cue that you're not a sociopath
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.