[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies laugh at jokes instantly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I always take a few seconds to catch up to the joke, but normies laugh even if the joke is pretty sophisticated.

Are they simply more intelligent than me?
>>
they are only laughing to be polite, they sometimes dont even wait for the joke to finish
>>
post an example

ocmnt
>>
>>29591736
yes and no

depends on the joke, if its specific to something they are more familiar with, they will likely catch on before you

also depends on the kind of joke, if they have heard something said in that manner before they may catch on quicker

though honestly anon, if you notice it happens enough that you needed to post a bout it, im afraid that probably means you are a bit slow. A bit of a dumb dumb, if you wil. A real Dummy.

I'm not sure what you can do to improve wit. Do you ever listen to standups or watch much comedy stuff? I grew up with lots of stand up stuff because I would always steal my brothers tapes and cds and im aussie so the banter came is in my blood.
>>
It's just a move they do.

Not getting a joke would mean that they are slow or dumb and not laughing at your joke would mean that you are unfunny.

They just laugh because they are obliged to do.

And sometimes the execution of the joke is what's funny and other times you see what's coming and feel the pressure to laugh building up
>>
>>29591930
>And sometimes the execution of the joke is what's funny and other times you see what's coming and feel the pressure to laugh building up

this is something

if you are autistic i can imagine this is something that you probably dont sense or notice
>>
Social cues
The reason you are an autist
>>
File: 1465061564487.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465061564487.jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
>>29591736
>I always take a few seconds to catch up to the joke
have you ever considered the possibility that you're too dumb to keep up?
>>
>>29591736
I like when they repeat the joke back to themselves, especially when it's just a few moments after they've heard it
>>
>>29592026
This.
It also depends on how much you have in common with them. Bantz is often heavily dependant on experiences and knowledge in certain fields of subjects.

Eg. Someone who reads often and internalises the vocabulary in books will be able to 'decipher' sophisticated plays on words easier.
>>
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU- post was eaten.
>>29591784
sry can't off the top of my head
>>29591820
Well, watching standup is a lot easier since I do it from the comfort of my (lonely) home. I don't know if I still get delayed reactions then, probably when my attention wanders. I'm a bit ADD afflicted. But doesn't feel as bad, I've laughed some riots at standup. It's like I get to warm up to it, and also discriminate based on my own taste in humor.

>>29591930
>And sometimes the execution of the joke is what's funny and other times you see what's coming and feel the pressure to laugh building up
See, this is a good example, when the punchline comes out of nowhere and makes the joke funny. I review the whole joke in my head, meanwhile the normies around me laugh their asses off.

>>29592024
>>29592026
Yeah, see I don't know about this autism meme. I guess I am an autist, but it depends. I get more autistic and infantile around my family. Or groups in general, but especially family.

>>29592294
Hmm, good point. I don't feel like I have much in common with the people I hang with.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.