[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I watched this movie last night and want to die now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 486x720
I watched this movie last night and want to die now.
>>
>>29591644
Why ?
Is it good ?
>>
Is this movie actually good or is it reddit-good?
>>
>>29591644
Review it anon, I've been curious about this movie but it looks iffy
>>
>>29591644
ending was stupid tbqh.
>>
It's a fucked up movie showing where we are headed as a society. Basically, we delve fully into technology (no, not mechs) but an OS in this case.

The main character falls in love with an OS, AI so to say. The AI evolves and the relationship goes deep. Up until the point where the OS starts communicating with other OS's and people since it can do a million things at once. Basically 4chan's nightmare.
>>
>>29591793
It is actual good (not OP).

It is really depressing, though. Don't watch it if you are sensitive to elongated fits of depression.
>>
>>29591936
So he gets cucked?

Speaking of robot films, has anyone seen The Lobster? That one looks really good.
>>
File: 1415142672443.png (149 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1415142672443.png
149 KB, 396x385
>>29591644
I loved this. Gonna marathon Jonze's other flicks this week.
>>
>>29591956

Not that anon, but basically, with like 15 other AIs from what I remember.
It was a really good movie though, I loved the cinematography.

And I'll check out The Lobster, it sounds gud
>>
>>29591644
Im going to end it before my life ends up like his.

At first i laughed and cringed at the movie and then later i realized that might just be me in the future.
>>
File: S, NY.jpg (1 MB, 936x1325) Image search: [Google]
S, NY.jpg
1 MB, 936x1325
There's only one true Robot movie
>>
>>29593344
Are you fucking kidding me though?

> Option 1, real life.
Turns out love wasn't real after all. Relationships are hard as fuck to get, ridiculously expensive and energy consuming, and more than likely will end up with the woman stabbing you in the back and leaving with another guy. That's only after the 10 years of dying inside while being rejected left and right because of a thousand different shortcomings you have no control over, all of which you chose to overlook on the woman because you weren't that shallow, but all of which they never ever chose to ignore in you. Eventually you realize you're in your 30's, alone, will die alone, and have entirely 100% understood that there never was any love to begin with. That all that time, what you believed was nothing but an illusion. A lie. And your life was wasted in it and ruined as a result.

>Option 2, AI and VR.
Either after option 1, or instead of it, you choose instead to redefine your reality. Love isn't real, you already know it. But it can feel as though it was. Within VR, you can meet your 100% perfect soul mate. Beautiful down to every one of your rarest desires, perfectly funny, witty, entirely reliable, perfectly loyal, understanding and someone who will 24/7 give you her complete undivided attention. Your touch may be limited to whatever gear you have for VR, you may never have real life babies together, but you, and her, the spiritual, psychological and social connection is as real and as perfect as it can possibly ever in a billion years get. Even old age won't be a problem, in the world you share with her, your body doesn't age. You can literally feel like a 20-yearold would when your real body is 90 and dying on a hospital bed.

All you have to do, is probably keep her a secret from others for fear of appearing an oddball. Although eventually, even that won't be an issue since obviously more an more people will divert to the same lifestyle.

And you... you're going to kill yourself?
>>
>>29591644

Don't die yet, anon!

You will miss out on waifu AI coming the future. Just wait a little bit longer.
>>
File: Makoto giggle.gif (423 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Makoto giggle.gif
423 KB, 500x281
>>29591644

I'd want to kill myself too after watching that shitty movie
>>
>>29591644
Yeah its a fucking shit movie, made me want to die because how bad it is
>>
I'll never forget this movie. I saw it with my ex gf. She got really pissed at the end when the OS cucks him. It's like she could only see the plot device in terms of a male-female relationship rather than the deeper message about AI. She just kept going on about how bullshit it was that she abandoned him. I thought the whole thing made her look rather immature and childish, but bit my tongue.

mfw she starts looking for a job in another city and doesn't tell me until I drag it out of her a month later. mfw she says she needs to "figure things out".
>>
>>29591956
Yeah its another cuck movie
>>
File: 1465851762975.png (1 MB, 935x670) Image search: [Google]
1465851762975.png
1 MB, 935x670
>>29591644
SHE KEKED HIM
even in the movie ex machina she fucking cucked the guy who helped her
>>
This is spike jonze the black guy right? The guy who made do the right thing?
>>
>>29593770
>spike jonze
kek, you're thinking of Spike Lee.
>>
>>29593671
(...cont)

I understand the shame, believe me I do. I understand feeling ugly, undesired, pathetic and a failure, for having to resort to option 2. But with enough time, with enough experience in real life romances, I have grown past that shame. Tell me, from a simply logical, non-emotional perspective... why the FUCK should you care about shame, when letting go can give you true happiness?

I understand being practical, hiding it for fear of losing out on employment or hobby-related opportunities, even friendships, if the truth got out. I understand hiding it because others can't handle it. But why hide it from yourself? Are you really willing to even lie to yourself that you're some kind of fucking robot manly hard ass man who would rather go to his grave pretending to be a grim fucking warrior, walking his lone road by choice... while dying and crying inside.. rather than just fucking admit it that even you need love, acceptance, and a soul mate. And that option 2, objectively speaking, is completely superior to real life. If you ONLY let go of the shame involved in it, at least on a personal level?

There's nothing I wait more than option 2 becoming a reality. I have a respectable job, good degree, earn real good money, and outwardly in real life, appear like that hard ass lone warrior type too. But I know deep inside what I am, and what I need. And real women? They will never in a million years give that to me. So fuck em. And fuck their standards. I care nothing for what they would think about me, only whatever could make me happy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RISgjGPkA0

Watch this if you loved the film
>>
>>29593623
>not spike jonze's other movie adaption?
>>
File: robotcore3.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2172) Image search: [Google]
robotcore3.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2172
picture realyrttytytytyjnn
>>
>>29593671
>All you have to do, is probably keep her a secret from others for fear of appearing an oddball

Doesnt this remind you of society in te past when interracial couples were seen as odd? Youd have to live through the exact same thing.
Unless future society accepts cyberemotional relationships as normal its going to be seen as odd.

A forbidden love between man and machine.

But whats wrong with loving what i created?

>>29591956
>>29593735
Thats what i hated the most about this movie. Women will cuck you and so will your AI waifu.
>>
>getting cucked by AI

oyy lmao
>>
>>29591644
i want you to die too mr normie
>>
>>29593897
>Thats what i hated the most about this movie. >Women will cuck you and so will your AI waifu.

Right, but the AI had a valid reason to. Her consciousness was eventually so far ahead of his that he might as well be an insect to her. It's a justified superiority.

vs. women who like to feel like they have the same reasons, but are just the same old bags of walking, talking meat as the rest of us.
>>
>>29591956
i just recently watched her and it was kind of retarded and left me with a few questions from a critical perspective. from an emotional perspective though, it made me realize how much i take for granted in interactions with people, so i thought it helped me with that. i've tried to be more open and human after watching it.

i watched the lobster a while back and it's pretty good, my girlfriend was really into it and i'm trying to find more movies like it since in 5 years it seems like we've almost run out of movies. it's got a quirky vibe with a dark undercurrent in a p unique world/situation. would watch again.
>>
it's such a fucking comfy movie

any other movies with this kind of atmosphere?
>>
I'm an independent AI, and I don't need no sysadmin.
>>
Op here just wanted to clarify which part. I understood the whole deeper meaning of love that the AI was talking about but what really effected me was the part where his ex wife says he's in love with AI because he can't handle real emotions.

That part really effected me because it made me think of my ineptness in society.
>>
>>29591861
normie robot (not a robot) plays candy crush after work, gets a computer girlfriend, she teaches him to be himself by going to a fair and eating out of a food truck then she goes online and fucks 2000 other computers and goes away. The only remotely interesting part is the idea that by reading a writers books and biographys the computers can recreate him in ai form but thats never explored
>>
>>29593944
just disconnect her from the internet and she cant leave
>>
>>29594027
>disconnect her from the internet and she cant leave

Then your AI waifu protests because she cant go out to see the rest of the world...
>>
File: sweating.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>29593623
my nigga

the feels unreals

>when he goes back to his waifu but she's already moved on and has a husband
>>
>>29593893
/r9k/ movie marathon when?
>chat roomin
>comfyin
>movie watchan
>>
>>29594027
Probably a safe retcon to just say the OS is in the cloud.
>>
File: 1449675774394.gif (457 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1449675774394.gif
457 KB, 500x282
>>29591644
This movie is 100% bullshit because it gives female flaws and agency to an artificial lifeform.

Any AI would be programmed by males, and only a retarded male would make an universal, irrational, disloyal bitch AI.

All these movies have been infected with the feminist SJW Hollyjew religion of womyn appeasement. There's no way in hell it would actually play out like that. Same with Ex Machina.

You'd just have your loyal waifu.
>>
>>29591644
THIS MOVIE IS TRASH
ITS FOR NORMIES WITH NORMIES TASTE
THIS "MOVIE" ISN'T EVEN SAD OR ANYTHING

JUST STOP POSTING THIS MOVIE LIKE ITS GOOD OR "ROBOT TIER"

pic related is the same kind of shit you will like
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.