[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he right guys? can people change, or are they to remain the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12
File: smug.jpg (10 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
10 KB, 300x225
Was he right guys?
can people change, or are they to remain the same person forever no matter how hard they try?
>>
>>29589366
is that sasuke
>>
>>29589366
I thought it was funny how the point of that fight was destiny/genes doesn't matter, but a few years later it turned out that Naruto was literally the chosen one and royalty.
>>
File: 1466211795648.gif (498 KB, 405x228) Image search: [Google]
1466211795648.gif
498 KB, 405x228
>>29589366
People don't change you just learn to live with how you are.
I use to think I was a cunt because of mental illness, turns out I'm a mentally ill cunt.
>>
>>29589401
Naruto did a whole lot of stuff wrong. It's kind of sad considering that the original series wasn't that bad. Shitpoodamn really cocked the whole thing up.
>>
>>29589375
One if his many forms, yes.
>>
>>29589401
This, making him not only the son of the Hokage, but also related to the Sage of the Six Paths was againts all Naruto stood at the beggining, fucking kishi.
>>
>>29589366
No, Naruto changed into the Hokage, but he was a brat that many people thought of as a good-for-nothing brat. Truth is that Naruto had a lot of potential though, and he used it and got successful.

Neji as a 13 (?) year old is too narrowminded. If you have the potential to learn that 2+2=4, then don't be mad that you failed the test because you didn't use that potential. Don't blame it on you destiny or whatever.

People change. Some only change a little, whereas other people achieve greatness through nothing.
>>
>>29589443
I don't know I'd rather see huge fights with demigods than fucking animated karate battles. It's kinda like those people who choose to be human healers in fantasy games. Like holy shit have some imagination.
>>
>>29589366
People can and do change. Every living thing is in a constant state of change.
>>
>>29589576
Think of it like this Neji thought he was a better ninja than Naruto wheres Neji now
>>
>>29589790
rekt by tree?
>>
>>29589576
but that's not even touching the philosophical shitstorm that is destiny/fate vs free will
>>
also, bump for a thread that isn't shitty racebaiting or "Da JOosE guise"
>>
You can create new habits that give one a sense of change, but they require constant vigilance to maintain or you just go back to your old shitty self. So it's not really a fundamental change. It's like running open source software on your closed-source brain & OS.
>>
People can change, but it takes a long time and is quite hard.
Their past history doesn't change though, so watch out for what they used to do.
>>
>>29589366

you can change, it just takes more will power than most people have
>>
>>29589523
We always knew he was the son of the hokage and had the nine tails, the whole rinegan, sage plot was the bullshit that ruined shippuden
>>
>>29589602
>I'd rather see huge fights with demigods than fucking animated karate battles
you are the cancer ruining animation, go watch dragon ball with the fists that are too afast to animate
>>
>>29589790
Dead.
But Neji was an outcast in his own clan and
-didn't have the nearly infinite chakra of the STRONGEST tailed beast within him
-wasn't the descendant of the fucking god of ninjas
-wasn't the son of a hokage
-wasn't trained by a famous and extremely powerful ninja for years just because he took a liking to him
-wasn't made into a sage which not only gives him even more chakra if he needs it but allows him to do shit like sense living things that might be concealing themselves

All Neji had was an eye technique that while cool at first ended up being so outclassed by the meme sharingan that it was hardly worth mentioning towards the end of the manga
>>
File: FuckOffFaggotGenesDoMatter.jpg (3 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
FuckOffFaggotGenesDoMatter.jpg
3 KB, 227x222
>>29589366
''You can't fight your genes. It's fate. All living things are born for the sole purpose of passing on their parents' genes. That's why I'll follow what my genes tell me. And then I'm going to go beyond. In order to break the curse of my heritage. And to do that... first I will kill you.'' -Liquid Snake
>>
>>29592816
Liquid confirmed for being a robot.
>>
>>29589366

People do not change. You just forget about them, and they go on for the rest of their lives thinking and spewing the same garbage they did when you saw them.
>>
File: Existence.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Existence.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
>>29592189
>ywn see the day byakugan/sharingans become real
>>
File: 1459422038000.jpg (487 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1459422038000.jpg
487 KB, 1680x1050
>>29592816
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rgg_X7vZqI
memes > genes
>>
>>29592816
>>29589366
take that free will cucks
>>
File: a.jpg (13 KB, 296x170) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
13 KB, 296x170
>>29589366
But when Naruto hold Neji he had a flashback and admitted the error of his ways.
R.I.P. Nazi Prince
>>
File: a.gif (810 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
a.gif
810 KB, 320x180
>>29592189
It would have been cool if Byakugan had many forms and could make Neji stronger. I mean fuck , if Neji could go into a super mode like Toneri and kick Kaguya's ass it would be amazing!
But Kishi's a fag....
>>
File: 1443448592659.jpg (11 KB, 239x255) Image search: [Google]
1443448592659.jpg
11 KB, 239x255
>>29595471
he wouldn't want all of his characters becoming gods
>>
File: image.png (33 KB, 526x505) Image search: [Google]
image.png
33 KB, 526x505
>>29589366
am i the only one who agrees with pain?
>>
>>29596549
not likely, not many people liked the series after the pain arc
>>
>>29596631
>not many people liked the series after the pain arc
What do you mean?
i read naruto but i was more of a bleach fan
>>
>>29596649
most naruto fans, even the ones that hated shipudden, say the series truly became terrible after the pain arc
>>
>>29596695
wait did people like the pain arc or not?
I thought it was pretty decent.
>>
>I listened to linken park when I was younger
>now I listen to sophisticated music such as drake

Personalities change guys!
>>
>>29597260
it was often considered to be the last good arc.
hours worth of shitposting of /a/ garners useless shit like this
>>
File: guy.png (42 KB, 237x556) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
42 KB, 237x556
>becomes strongest taijutsu user ever and almost kills madara with just hard work
B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>>29597319
not your core traits
you stay the same inside forever
>>
File: sky_lanterns_by_wlop-d7b5nfg.jpg (219 KB, 1600x910) Image search: [Google]
sky_lanterns_by_wlop-d7b5nfg.jpg
219 KB, 1600x910
Neji just simply had his own ideology that was basically saying

Genetics>Talent

Neji believed that your birth, genetics, and family that you were born into determined everything about you. He didn't believe that people like Rock Lee could surpass him in strength by sheer willpower and training, Neji thought that only those of high birth or genetics were destined to be great and no amount of bettering yourself would change that. I have to admit it was a SUPER narrow-minded way of looking at the world/society, but look at Neji's past and circumstances, you can't fully blame him for growing up with that mentality.

Neji was born into the lower branch of the Hyuga clan, even though he had strength that surpassed those in the upper branch, he would never be recognized or given credit for his achievements or skills. Hinata was weak and timid, though she was from the upper branch she didn't show the strength of an upper branch member, Neji resented Hinata for this reason and also blamed the upper branch for his suffering. The upper branch was at fault though, they branded members of the lower branch and used them as slaves, controlling their lives as well. Neji was very conceited and arrogant, it was fairly obvious, he viewed everyone around him as trash or lesser beings and claimed they would always be trashed no matter how hard they tried to change their situation.

Now obviously I disagree with Neji's ideology, just because you're born in the slums/poverty doesn't mean you can't become successful and rich in life. Just because you are fat doesn't mean you can't become skinny. People can change physically and mentally, but in terms of "Destiny" or "Fate" as Neji described it, I suppose it depends if you believe in stuff like that. Not everyone does, but if you do then you would believe everything happens for a reason, maybe some "higher existence" controls us. Some people believe humans do not have free will at all, but we're starting to get into philosophy now.
>>
>>29598289
(Cont)

Also I forgot to mention but if you want to take this from a philosophical standpoint than Neji was most likely following Hard Determinism, meaning he didn't believe that humans had free will, or that it doesn't exist. These would be people that say "Everything happens for a reason" and believe that humans are incapable of making choices and that forces beyond our understanding control us, and things of that sort.
>>
>>29598289
>>29598380

I never followed up on Naruto because I was too dumb to cut through the filter, but I really appreciate your analysis of this. It makes me hope that there was that amount of thought put into it when it was being developed.
>>
What's this shit? Go back to /a/ you faggots. Now, on the actual topic:
Yeah, people sure as fuck can change. I was basically a fucking autistic idiot that got bullied constantly in primary school. I bathed once a week and was a teacher's pet. Then one day I must have hit my head somehow, cause I went "fuck it" and started socializing, shaved the pubestache and started bathing every 2 days.
Then, come highschool actually stopped getting bullied and got a few friends, pushed bathing up to every day, started caring about my appearance.
Then, started lifting, and for some reason it gave me so much of a confidence boost (this is not a meme, lifting won't cure autism, but will definitely make you more confident), I basically became a chad, and started handing out with the chads and stacies.
So yeah, definitely can change.
>>
>>29599374
How tall are you? Origami
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.