[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you kind? If not, why aren't you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11
File: 1452310159805.jpg (28 KB, 436x565) Image search: [Google]
1452310159805.jpg
28 KB, 436x565
Are you kind?
If not, why aren't you?
>>
I'm very kind. Or at least I do my best to be kind and make the world around me a little bit better for those I interact with.
>>
Im the nice guy. Any ladies here wanna talk about stuff with me?
>>
Everyone else in the world is neutral-evil, being kind will lead to being hated and used.
>>
I try to be kind without being a cuck

it is hard though
>>
Idk how to be kind
>>
No. I was biking today and a class of kids said hello to everyone that passed them on their bike. I didn't give them any attention and one of them said "he's not kind".
>>
I'm bitter. I have good intentions, so I'm good in that sense, but I really don't like other people so I avoid them and come off as mean, which I guess I am, though ultimately I'm a nice guy.
>>
people don't deserve it

it's like being in prisoner's dilemma and choosing cooperate when everyone chooses to fuck you over
>>
File: 1465619529439.jpg (82 KB, 712x717) Image search: [Google]
1465619529439.jpg
82 KB, 712x717
>>29589023
I'm a dick; to myself and to others. I have a lot of disposable income and I'm very attractive (so I've been told many times) so I can get away with doing shit. Everyone is the nice guy and when I was a kid I wanted to be the nice guy as well. When I grew up I found out much of a cuck and how pathetic it can be being nice so I started being a dick to everyone and now I feel great. Someone's gotta be the dick and I'm happily doing it.
>>
saw too much death and violence and alcoholism. seeing people reminds me of bad things.
it's like nothing good has ever come out of people, so now my body recoils at them.
they will do anything but make you feel good and definitely don't give a shit if you feel bad.

i am genuinely surprised when people are nice to me now and sometimes i even doubt them.
i sometimes wonder how it feels to be completely ignored in passing, but when someone does it to me i find myself thinking, "i don't blame them".

i feel like everyone hates each other, especially on the internet.
>>
>>29589239
This but without the income. So basically just a pretentious homeless douce bag who might get a chance at going back to Uni this fall.
>>
>>29589081
Good job anon!

>>29589097
nice guy =/= kind

>>29589142
No. If you do act kindly, people will react the same way. It's not always true obviously, but if you start to be kind you'll influence people around you.

>>29589225
>>29589239
>>29589304
Why are you unkind? Do you realize that we don't desire anything but kindness? You are denying others the pleasure you want.

>>29589294
Try to start to be kind and more people will be kind to you. Yes, many people are angry/frustrated on here and tend to be unkind, but actually they would like other people to treat them in a nice and careful way
>>
File: 1442197738673.gif (1 MB, 500x511) Image search: [Google]
1442197738673.gif
1 MB, 500x511
>>29589455
>We don't desire anything but kindness

Kindness won't get you anywhere in life. Be blunt, do your job, and be on your way. Kindness will only give you a pat on the back and some moral high for a while until you need to do something else nice. Kindness has brought nothing but sadness and annoyance to me.
>>
>>29589539
>Kindness has brought nothing but sadness and annoyance to me
Elaborate, What happened?
I believe that everyone feels pleasure when treated kindly. Is it not the same for you?
>>
yes but i feel like im slowly going pessimistic and angry because no one seems to want my kindness and i just get shit for everything in return pls help i wanna stay nice its the only thing i have going for me
>>
>>29589594
When someone is nice, I know they have some greater goal in mind, and they're just acting.
>>
I'm not kind yet I try to be courteous to everyone. I just hate how it's rarely reciprocated and that nobody loves me as much as I see them love everyone else.
>>
>>29589600
>no one seems to want my kindness and i just get shit for everything in return
Why is this? Also, Don't give up.

>>29589622
>I'm not kind
>rarely reciprocated
It is you the first who has to be kind and people will be kind to you.
>>
Yes I am. Even though I hate everyone around me and they are always so horrible, I'm still pleasant and nice. I don't know why to be honest
>>
>>29589455
>Do you realize that we don't desire anything but kindness?
Apparently not for normies. They'd rather be treated like shit so it'll communicate to them you are better and should be treated better. Being kind just gets you exploited or distrusted because they can't comprehend or empathize with someone being nice.
>You are denying others the pleasure you want.
And? Why should they get it when they don't know how to give it? In fact denying it from you to give to other cruel people.
>>
File: 1465410847413.png (177 KB, 316x321) Image search: [Google]
1465410847413.png
177 KB, 316x321
>>29589594
All throughout my highschool I always wanted to be the "nice, reliable, cool" guy. I achieved it when everyone in school knew my name and knew for the things that I have done. After entering senior year, I was doing everyone favors, doing shit out of the kindness of my heart, and doing it all for free. It was annoying because people expected me to do them and they never reciprocated the kindness back. So after graduating i decide to rebrand myself as the "Mean, relaxed, straightforward" dude. It worked so well and I was happy. I got a girlfriend, people respected me, and I was popular. I decided to stay like that to this day and I am a happy camper.
>>
>>29589838
What if you are rude to everyone and even to robots? Would you like a robot to treat you like shit? I don't think so, and this is why you should be kind on the internet; you don't know who you are speaking to, are you?

>>29589848
>highschool
Most teenagers are retarded. Hormones.
>I was happy. I got a girlfriend, people respected me, and I was popular.
Are you unkind towards all these people?
>>
>>29589616
>they have some greater goal in mind
Come on, not everyone is like this. Sincere, honest people do exist.
>>
>>29589455
>kindness
i was kind, i made what my parents want but i was still treated like shit by them and most people. i was always that weird kid.
now i do not care.
i do not want nothing, but i also do not care about what other people want.
kindness only give temporal integration feel.
>nice guy
most nice guys are just a facade to get some pussy or other thing they wantt to, most of the time they are pathetic people and just want to be loved, they do not understand why only them need to give kindness but they never get something in return.
>>
>>29590250
>kindness only give temporal integration feel
>pathetic people and just want to be loved
what is pathetic about wanting what every human being longs for?
>>
>>29590400
because they fake and use people's emotion to get it.
>>
>>29590039
>Most teenagers are retarded. Hormones.
I'll never get this meme people don't magically "grow up" adults are just tall children with no fucking clue and better at deceit
>>
sometimes but i can lose my shit pretty easily. built-in reaction from fighting off bullies in my formatives

so to answer the question, i have a bad temper and i'm not patient
>>
>>29590039
>Are you unkind towards all these people?
I don't bother them and they don't bother me. A regular conversation I would have with people goes something along the lines of this:

>Them:"Hey anon, whats up?"
>Me:"I'm _____, what do you want?"
>Them:"Nothing, just wanted to say hey."

That's it. This somehow made me a character amongst the crowd.
>>
>>29590416
How do you know? Are you a brain/thoughts scanner? You could be deceiving yourself. The worst thing is not to doubt what you think, which means you always assume you are right even without knowing everything the other person knows/feels.

>>29590426
>magically
It's not magical, but a gradual process whereby you gain more conosciousness about what you and people around you think and feel.

>>29590445
Work on your patience, assume that you are the person in front of you before doing anyting. This might help.

>>29590498
Are you actually happy without sharing anything? We are empty when alone. You might be able to stand by yourself, but would you define yourself as happy in that case?
>>
>>29590649
>but a gradual process whereby you gain more conosciousness about what you and people around you think and feel.
age does not assure this. most adults are more immature than a 4channer who at least has some level of self-awareness.
>>
>>29590426
yeah the guy's retarded
>Dogs can't look up. Science.
i sure am glad he said authoritative words at me!
>>
>>29589023

I really am, but people think i'm an asshole

I know people who have a soul made of utter shit who would appear to be "nice"

I guess the standard for "nice" is way lower than you would think
>>
I wouldn't say I was naturally kind, but I always end up helping people just because it's interesting and something to boast about
>>
>>29590649
>Are you actually happy without sharing anything? We are empty when alone. You might be able to stand by yourself, but would you define yourself as happy in that case?

I had my girlfriend and my actual friends. Why do you have to define yourself as a person? We're all just a spec of sand on the beach of time. My feelings of happiness and content are confirmed because those feelings are my own. I don't need anyone to justify what I feel.
>>
File: they run.gif (614 KB, 540x520) Image search: [Google]
they run.gif
614 KB, 540x520
Depends on who you ask, but hey all power to the people ITT who didnt fall for the kindness meme. Shit gets you nowhere and its pure delusion to think it does anything for you when you consecrate it 24/7.
>>
I try to be, but I dislike most people so it's difficult, especially if they like me quite a bit.
>>
>>29590963
Don't be fake mank, if you dont like someone dont pretend you do and cut contact from them. All it does is fuck with both sides
>>
>>29590689
No. I've never said everyone IS conscious once he/she has grown up. But still, you have to admit that he or she is more self-aware in his/her adolthood rather than adolescence.
I don't like to use quotes but.. "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." (Socrates)
If you really know what is good, you will act in the right way.

>>29590718
>I guess the standard for "nice" is way lower than you would think
Elaborate, please

>>29590851
>I had my girlfriend and my actual friends
It doesn't mean anything. You can have hundreds of friends gfs, but you'll feel alone if no one cares about you.
>I don't need anyone to justify what I feel.
We are social animals by definition. Do not fake or hide your feelings. Why do you need gfs and friends then? What is your popularity based on? And what is your happiness based on?

>>29590857
It's not an acceptable reason to not be kind. You must be kind if you expect other people to be.
>>
>>29591107
>It's not an acceptable reason to not be kind. You must be kind if you expect other people to be.
It most certainly is. Do you not realize as humans we are selfish creatures? There is no one on this planet that wouldn't renounce kindness if given enough of something, including you. Kindness usually wastes resources of different kinds, whether that be time or mental energy.
>>
>>29590857
Kind does not mean weak.
>>
>>29589023

How am I supposed to be kind if I never had a taste of it?

Answer me
>>
To me kindness is doing nothing to harm others.
I can't be that bad of a guy if I don't do anything bad to anyone right?
>>
>>29591329
Never said that, or hell even implied it. Kindness does however set you up to a standard as a resource, and will be expected to dispense the resource as much as you initially did. The best course of action is to just not be a dick but not be a cuck push over.
>>
Having compassion for others is a weaknesses yet I can't change my own nature. I'm overly emotional and will not and can not ever succede
>>
I've been in this game for years, it made me an animal
>>
You succeed in life by fucking over others not by being kind.
>>
File: 1447150761530.png (236 KB, 500x568) Image search: [Google]
1447150761530.png
236 KB, 500x568
I am around strangers. When I'm around people who know me, I'm pretty mute.
>>
I am not kind. For some reason being kind kills off a little bit of my soul (figuratively) each time so I stopped.
>>
>>29589023
Used to be, then I stopped giving a fuck. Being kind doesn't get you anywhere, it'll only get people to trample all over you.
>>
File: 1426787700341.jpg (103 KB, 434x434) Image search: [Google]
1426787700341.jpg
103 KB, 434x434
>>29591107
>It doesn't mean anything. You can have hundreds of friends gfs, but you'll feel alone if no one cares about you.
They cared about me because if they didn't then why would they consider themselves my friends. But even then it doesn't matter. I, as far back in my memories I can summon, have never felt loneliness. Even the prospect of being alone doesn't really phase me. If friends/colleagues are wearing me down or are making me less efficient at my job or studies I will break off from them.

>We are social animals by definition. Do not fake or hide your feelings. Why do you need gfs and friends then? What is your popularity based on? And what is your happiness based on?

I do agree that humans are social animals but having social connections is not required to be happy. I am not hiding my feelings, this is how I really feel and my outlook on it; maybe I am just an outlier. I don't need friends nor a relationship with a girl, I just so happen to have them. I never really questioned how I got there but I assume it had to be my cool demeanor and my looks. My happiness is based on goals. Once I complete a goal, I am happy. The goal of being successful is the most current goal that I have reached. I don't need friends and gfs for me to be happy because I have completed my life long goal of being successful and therefor I'll never be unhappy (theoretically). The goals I established once I got out of high school was be smart, productive, wise, successful, and understand more of myself.

I'm kinda speaking out of my ass a little since I'm glad I get to talk about this. I like this thread.
>>
>>29591454

only if you are weak
>>
File: 1466891203462.jpg (280 KB, 574x413) Image search: [Google]
1466891203462.jpg
280 KB, 574x413
Because the world isn't just, so it shouldn't be treated as such
>>
>people in this thread who think they're kind obviously never worked customer service and dealt with the most belligerent, ignorant, loud niggers
yeah, you guys are real kind, until someone shits in your cereal for no reason every single day.
>>
and i won't be nice to anyone because i don't see why i should
i don't see the point, i won't get clean for the rest of my life
i won't be nice
>>
>>29589023
Because I hate every single one of you.
>>
>>29591167
>waste energy or time
are you a train or some sort of machine? Do you prefer if no one cared about you and treated you unkindly then?

>>29591356
No, kindness is not indifference.

>>29591390
ok, Nietzsche...

>>29591396
>>29591406
>>29591454
see >>29591107

>>29591517
>They cared about me because if they didn't then why would they consider themselves my friends
caring means to be kind and emphatic, you do receive kindness, don't you?

>I don't need friends and gfs for me to be happy because I have completed my life long goal
Why do you have friend if you don't need them?

>I'm kinda speaking out of my ass a little since I'm glad I get to talk about this.
It's not a problem, feel free to share, it's an anonymous board.
> I like this thread.
Thank you for contributing :) I need to have counter arguments also to understand better my point of view

>>29591560
Do the first step to improve it then!

>>29591624
>i don't see why
because you expect kindness from other people
>>
>>29591729
You have this firm mindset that because im not kind, the world is going into a dark plunder of dickheads and assholery. Like you said, kindness isn't indifference, but i'd love it if everyone was just indifferent to my affairs. Best to not have fucks pretend to care.
>>
>>29589023
I'm a pretty kind person, although once a week I go into the misaki threads and make people feel bad.
>>
>>29591047
I try too, and I don't want to hurt their feelings, but when I got to a new school, university or workplace I would alwasy try to get along with everyone as best I could, and unfortunately it gets to a point where I realise I don't have it in me to get along with them, but I still have to see them regularly because I work with them. I try to let them down gently, but some people don't get the message.
>>
Welcome to the NHK is shit and is a shallow, false exploration of the mindset of NEETs.
>>
>>29591729
>kindness is not indifference
I'd rather more people were indifferent than outright cruel.
>>
I try my best to be and it absolutely destroys me.

I don't see any other valid options so I'm going to continue doing it regardless.

Maybe one day I will find peace with all of this.
>>
>>29591792
> the world is going into a dark plunder of dickheads and assholery
No if we change our attitude. It's society's selfish mindset that influences us in a negative way. http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130114-are-we-naturally-good-or-bad

>>29591923
/thread

>>29591994
But it would be even better if people were kind rather than indifferent

>>29592034
remember that people do have a coscience. If they mistreat you, they will think about it later, and hopefully understand you treated them with kindness. You're spreading a kind attitude, you're doing a good job.
>>
>>29591923
is it worth watching at all?
>>
>>29592126
Lmao I of all people would know the lack of regret from doing bad things. You're one lalaland mother fucker, you should spread your ideas to the middle east, im sure they'll love it.
>>
File: me irl.jpg (68 KB, 500x611) Image search: [Google]
me irl.jpg
68 KB, 500x611
>>29591729
>caring means to be kind and emphatic, you do receive kindness, don't you?
We just care about each other's well being so yes I give and receive kindness. When I was saying I am a dick to everyone, including myself, I meant it. When it comes to friends its a facade covering up my concern for their well being.

>Why do you have friend if you don't need them?
We're just people with similar interests and goals. It just 'happened' if you know what I mean. But I've already completed some life goals. Friends are the luxury so that I may brag to them about the completion of those goals :^). They're nice to have but not needed in the grand spectrum.
>>
Every single person who comes into contact with me just wants to take as much away from me as possible. And when there's nothing left they'll just cut all traces of contact.
>>
>>29592208
>I may brag to them about the completion of those goals
>I don't need anyone to justify what I feel. (>>29590851)
eheh, pick one :D
>>
Being compassionate and "good" is part of my condition despite believing that it gives me no advantage in anything. Actually, it is a disadvantage, as i have experienced, and being a compassionate loser sets no-one apart from being a loser. Still, it is not that i am always kind, like anyone, just that i feel guilt when i am not.
>>
>>29592334
It's just BANTER mate. I do it to tease them and I meant it jokingly

>:^)
>>
>>29589023
I try not to

People usually take advantage of you when you're kind

Being a dick gets you more respect for some reason so I try to be mean even though I just wish I could be nice to people if it guaranteed they'd be just as nice in return
>>
Depends how much I can empathize with them

For example I try to be kind and patient with wagecucks who are at their menial jobs (i.e. fast food), since I know what that's like, and their lives probably already suck as it is.

Most people are at the mercy of my whims.
>>
Sure I am kind.
Its efficient and economical.
You do something for others, it makes them feel indebt to you > you have favor from them in advance.
Plus makes you look good in society so it helps avoid lot of troubles and solves a lot of troubles with just a kind smile.
Tbh I do not honestly care if my family, friends or even myself die tomorrow, I dont mind eating dogs and I dont care for anyone except me... still keep little notes on people who I come in contact with to know their interests/dislikes so I can strike up *interesting* conversations to acquire future favors and social points...
Nothing more nothing less. I do not wish to spare brain capacity to care
>>
I tried to be kind to everyone I could, but I quickly learned that this just lets shitters take advantage to you.

Now I'm neutral towards anyone that I'm not familiar with.
>>
>>29589023
I'm pro-social, but I don't know if I'm kind. I'll go out of my way to create bridges, but that's about it.
>>
Yeah, but it doesn't make me feel good. I just do it for other people. I'm pretty miserable and actually find more enjoyment when people have a bad time.
>>
>>29589023

I'm anti-social, but still kind.

some days I feel pretty bitter, but I try not to take that out on other people.
>>
>>29592377
It's the right thing to do and you know it

>>29592381
Every joke has some truth behind, even if you are not serious.

>>29592399
It happens sometimes, but you feel better if you react in a just way to a bad action.

>>29592461
Try to empathize with more people as possible.

>>29592494
>it makes them feel indebt to you
> you look good in society
no, this is not the kind of reward I mean. Read posts above.

>>29592569
Be kind to people that are kind to you at least, please

>>29592574
What if you were the one suffering?
>>
People are shit and I hate them for it. Fuck the kindness-meme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWWvfW_a3wM
>>
File: feels.jpg (8 KB, 284x339) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
8 KB, 284x339
>>29589023
i am nice when i feel like i can afford it, it makes you weak in many cases (atleast for me), now gives me a excuse to elaborate peoples shortcommings. but for the most part i dont want to fight anyone to an extreme. Making me ignore those people. But they keep pooping up in my life. I think i will burst soon.
relating to you peeps:
>>29589239
>>29589539
especally you anon, i aspire you a bit :^)
>>29589848
this is why im on this site for the most part, to vent out my frustrations on people acting deluted agianst my favour.
>>
>>29589023
Because I just don't care
I'm too detached for that (usually)
>>
>>29593533
How can you say I'm shit if you don't even know me?
>>
>>29589023
I looked at death straight in its eyes and it smiled, I havent stoped laughing ever since
>>
I try, but it's so hard. I end up being a dick without even thinking.
>>
>>29592604
This is why I'm not that nice, I've got a few emotional issues and I overdo it every time I drink. Led to a few angry outbursts and breakdowns, I wouldn't call myself a nice person.
>>
>>29594682
dude
I mean theres probably a story but that's one of the most pretentious things I've ever read someone say
>>
>>29595116
im wearing socks with sandals and drinking my latte, how does that make you feel?
>>
>>29595147
Honestly the latte's all that annoyed me there, cappuccino's best coffee
>>
>>29589023
I used to be but am no longer. The world is a cruel place, especially so for robots. I can only show compassion for fellow robots who have suffered the same fate.
>>
I'm neutral with people when I first meet them. I'm not overly polite with people. I would only put my ass on the line for someone if that person would do the same for me.
>>
>>29589023
no, i'm a cunt
the human condition
>>
daily reminder that robots are not nice, but actually so afraid to be honest/straightfoward that they mistake passivity as kindness, not knowing you can express disproval and also not be a bad person for it. Incidentally this is why robots don't like others for being mean, openly saying you don't like one thing ever means that you're a hateful normie cunt.
>>
>dad raises me to be kind
>mother divorces him and receives custody of both me and my sister
>sister abuses the fact that I'm willing to not treat her like shit. Everybody at Elementary+HS did too (except like 2 guys I was really close to) including the staff
now I'm 100% asshat and rude and it works.

>but children are children
Bullshit, they got their behaviour from their parents and family, hormones have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>29595630
>hormones have nothing to do with it.
Be fair, anon, hormones have some merit. Just like how you inherent so much of both your mother and father's personality through genetics. Humans are just cruel.
>>
>>29589023
I think I'm pretty kind. I don't really see a point in being a dick to people. I exist on the best terms I can and spreading negativity isn't going to help me in any way.
>>
>>29589023
I do help people if they're genuinely hurting but I love banter and offending people. Not sure where that puts me...
>>
I give things to people who are nice a lot but I'm quite cutting and people sometimes get offended by what I say.

It seems people only remember the time you said they had a bad haircut or something but not the time you bought them games you heard them say they wanted or give a lift when you're in a hurry.
>>
>>29589023
I'm only kind when I want to be.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.