[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEETs more likely to be only children?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1455765237143.jpg (87 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1455765237143.jpg
87 KB, 409x409
So recently I've started to think that the majority of NEETs are only children, which makes it more reluctant for their parents to kick them out and will always be more willing to support their NEET child. Does this apply to you Arcanines?

Personally, yes, currently I'm a NEET and an only child. My parents can support themselves and me with just one income well enough, and I'm not pressured into pursuing my career goals or planned skillsets at the rate of the other normies. I'm 21 and haven't done anything for one year, and might end up being unable to do anything else for yet another year.

It just makes more sense that NEETs would be only children, as children from larger families would eventually have to get jobs and move out as their household income becomes a problem in their 20s. Meanwhile the NEET doesn't have to adapt to these circumstances and will also inherit everything his parents have.
>>
That's because your parents' only child was such a fuck up they sterlised themselves
>>
>>29588899

Can't spell. Otherwise kek.
>>
>>29588899
I was born with no genetic disorders, thank you.

No seriously, where are my NEETs at?
>>
>>29588841
Well, I can't tell you if most neets are only children, you could make a strawpoll to get some statistics for that.

But my brother is a neet and has been for 10 years. I'm not a neet, I'm a student. my other brother isn't a neet either, but he still goes to high school.
>>
>>29588899
>>29588930
Why are you samefagging when your shitty comment got no positive attention whatsoever?

I NEED MY NEETS NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29588938

Is 'no genetic disorders' really the level we're seeking to clear these days? If you don't have a fuck up in each and every single one of your cells, you're doing well enough? Jesus Christ we've slipped a long way.
>>
>>29588981
What the fuck are you implying? I have no congenital physical or mental issues. You should be ashamed of your previous shitty unfunny comment, kill yourself.

>>29588955
How do your parents tolerate your NEET brother? Is he low maintenance? Did he not bother pursuing a career?
>>
get a job you waste of space drain on society. your parents cant wait for you to move out so they can be free
>>
>>29589027

I'm suggesting that you're a fuck up as you have no job, no prospects, and no ambition in life, and that your parents couldn't face having another disappointment in their lives after you, which is why you are a single child.
>>
My parent tells me they wouldn't know what to do without me. Honestly i cant wait to hitch a ride out of this world and stop being a burden, perhaps then my mother will know life without having to deal with an autistic faggot weighing her down.
>>
>>29589067
>no prospects
>no ambition

I don't know where you got that from. Seems like normieshits have been getting worse at reading comprehension every day.
>>
>>29589085

>currently I'm a NEET
>I'm 21 and haven't done anything for one year
> Might end up being unable to do anything else for yet another year

Sure, sounds like they're off bragging about how well you're doing right now.
>>
>>29589027
>How do your parents tolerate your NEET brother?
I don't know, honestly.
He is low maintenance, yes, but personally if he was my son I'd just kick him out or force him to get a job.
My parents are too soft to do that though.
I think they're just happy their other sons are doing OK and they gave up on my brother.
>>
>>29589128

Do you mind me asking how much your parents make? I'd be worried about reaching pensionable age and still having dependents.
>>
>>29589126
How the fuck did you get pass grade school with that horrible reading comprehension of yours? Prospects and ambition are one thing, another thing is not doing anything for a period of time. But thanks for making me feel better about myself since you're so retarded. Just leave already, stop embarrassing yourself further.

>>29589128
I think that many lazy people want to be NEETs for some time, but their parents are too harsh and kick them out right after they're 18 (and thus forcing them into wageslavery), others are just too weak and emotional to do that. Like in Japan where there are around 1 million hikikomori, their parents don't care.
>>
>>29589181
Probably 40k or so.
>>29589204
You're right. I suppose the correct approach would be to issue the child an "ultimatum" and say you have 12 months to get a job or go to college or else you're kicked out.
>>
>>29589204

I didn't go to 'grade school', I'm not American.

I'm a qualified lawyer earning 6 figures a year, so I think I'm doing just fine. I'd say choosing to do nothing for a year is pretty much the definition of lacking ambition. As you yourself say, many lazy people are NEETs.

To put it another way, and taking my personal view out of this, if an applicant's CV had a year of doing nothing on it (without extenuating circumstances such as medical issues), my firm would rule him or her out instantly because it showed a lack of drive/ambition.
>>
>>29589258

Also:

>"How did you get pass grade school"
>Judging someone on their English

Maybe time to give up being a NEET and head back to school?
>>
File: 1438143051324.jpg (74 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
1438143051324.jpg
74 KB, 400x387
>>29588841
>tfw my Pepe edit became a standard meme
:')
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29588841
This is a nice theory.
>>
>>29589272
You claim to be earning six figures, yet you have zero reading comprehension and don't even know what ambition means.

Yep, this is why western civilization is fucked up.
>>
>>29589393

Ambition:

a strong desire to do or achieve something.

desire and determination to achieve success.

Can you demonstrate either from what you have written?
>>
>>29589431
It's all in the OP, sorry if you're too retarded to properly read a post. I'm not going to bother with you after this, enjoy your last (You).
>>
File: 871.gif (51 KB, 500x254) Image search: [Google]
871.gif
51 KB, 500x254
>>29588938
>genetic disorders
which meme disease are you claiming?
>>
>>29589067
Yep, pretty much.

And given that, why not go ahead and use an meme mental illness as leverage?

These parasites are all the same.
>>
>>29589517

Careful, you'll be repeatedly accused of not having 'reading comprehension' if you tell him that.
>>
>>29589462

What's my last (you)? Do you mean my last ewe? I'm not a farmer, sorry.
>>
>>29589624
Yeah the only things these deadbeats are willing to work on are excuses and circular rhetoric.
>>
>>29589650
>youre a deadbeat, to an intrinsicly flawed, corrupt system.

oh the humanity. im sure my little ass working at the grocery store would help.
>>
>>29589708
You're not special. No one cares what you do.

save your little manipulative bullshit for mommy & daddy.

you can starve to death in the gutter for all I care.
>>
>>29589729
>no one cares what you do

original comment
>>
Its probably because youre a failure and theyre ashamed of you but they have no one else so like a pet no one likes they just feed and care for you out of habit hoping youll die or eventually move out.
>>
>>29589729
>No one cares what you do.
All NEET rhetoric is built on the presumption that who they're addressing loves or at least cares about them. It''s what they use to manipulate their families.

Once that presumption is removed, all their logic rings hollow. They really can starve in the gutter for all the rest of the world cares.
>>
guessing most of you guys are pretty young here, but I have an older brother who's in his mid 30s now who's a NEET. He's the oldest of four brothers. When your youngest brother, who's 13 years younger than you, somehow leaves the house before you, idc how unattached you are, you'll feel like a loser
>>
>>29588841
25 year old NEET here

I have a 26 year old (succesfull) sister
>>
>>29590135
Jealous of her?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.