[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here "depressed" but don't consider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Pic (2).png (516 KB, 680x418) Image search: [Google]
Pic (2).png
516 KB, 680x418
Anyone else here "depressed" but don't consider it clinical depression because it's an entirely appropriate response to your life?
>>
>>29588110
Absolutely. That's why anti-depressants never worked on me, it only made me even more frustrated with the state of affairs I find myself in.
>>
Yeah, I feel depressed and think about suicide all the time but I never been diagnosed. I don't think I have depression because they say you barely step out of bed when or eat when you have it but I kinda wish I did. At least I could some antidepressants.
>>
>>29588146
They numbed me to shit. Felt worse afterwards.
>>
Exactly OP, depression doesn't exist. It's just people being sad because of rubbish lives.

In my case, a lack of goals and social life
>>
ive been this way for 10 years...never found life fulfilling
>>
I don't think I'm even depressed. I just feel empty, but I don't care because I feel too empty to care. My whole life is just going through meaningless motions. Lately I haven't even been experiencing myself as myself. It's like I'm kind of just hovering outside my body watching it make its motions. There's no pleasure, no ambition, no sensation. Everything is just empty.
>>
>>29588110
I still consider it to be depression, as it has the same symptoms and the treatments can be beneficial. Considering that emotions are chemical, a biological mechanism, it's not inaccurate to describe depression caused by circumstances an 'imbalance' - At least no more inaccurate than when used to describe depression caused more by biological, innate factors (I'm given to understand such a description is a misnomer as it, apparently, creates a drastically oversimplified view.)

To expand on that, my perspective is that when circumstances drive a person to be extremely low, the emotions themselves (and management of them) become problematic. It gets to a point where your low mood is no longer a motivation for change, but suppresses your will to change by making you feel psychologically trapped or stagnated in hopelessness. A certain biology can make a person more vulnerable to this state.
>>
>>29591264
>I don't think I'm even depressed. I just feel empty, but I don't care because I feel too empty to care. My whole life is just going through meaningless motions. Lately I haven't even been experiencing myself as myself. It's like I'm kind of just hovering outside my body watching it make its motions. There's no pleasure, no ambition, no sensation. Everything is just empty.
Look up derealisation/depersonalisation
>>
>>29588366
Have you been screened for depression? I'd be suprised if you didn't fall somewhere under the broad remit of that term
>>
>>29589345
That happens for some people - Did you talk to your doctor about it?
>>
>>29591264
Samantha, is that you? Don't play, I'll come over if I have to.
>>
I wish I could harness my sadness and anger and use is, but all it does is make me want to do nothing. But there's so much negativity, if only I could control it, I'd have the power to do anything.
>>
>>29589412
You can convince yourself that depression does exist by taking a shitload of MDMA and checking how you feel 3 days later.
But OP is right, not everything is depression, sometimes life is just objectively shit.
>>
I always thought depression is state where you are not interested of anything because your motivation systems is fucked and sadness and other bad feels are just side effects of this. And thinking about how shit everything is and how you cant fix anything keeps the system overloaded and it has never change to recover.
>>
>>29588110
I actually have a good situation in life but I'm horribly depressed.

Doctor thinks antidepressants have a good shot of making me feel better
>>
>>29592411

using the word objectively in subjective perspectives is the new meme
>>
>>29588110
That's exactly how I feel. I've described it in pretty much the same way in the past.
>>
>>29592809
When writing my post I stopped at that word but figured that everyone would get what I mean so I left it. But in retrospect it was foolish to think that not a single autist (You) would complain.
>>
>>29592848
use correct words then faggot
>>
>>29592917
What's the correct word for "shit in the sense that it clearly goes against everything the human brain was selected to value by evolution"? "Objectively shit" comes closest without having to write too many words and (almost) everyone gets it.
>>
File: mē.jpg (22 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
mē.jpg
22 KB, 480x480
Who /had a taste of normie life but got back to his robot ways/ here? It's even harder to deal with loneliness now. You just can't allow yourself to lay back and chill, always starving for more social interaction of any kind.
>>
>>29588110
I've become a NEET just to avoid the outside world using my computer as a window to look out and see what is going on in the world. I think the source of my depression is just the fact that nowadays people will lose their shit if you dare to disagree with them on anything. I've never once thought of suicide though which is what keeps me from considering it clinical
>>
>>29593032
idk but its not objectively
>>
>>29593204
I'll put it in quotes next time.
>>
>>29593104
I used to be a total normie, but things have changed over the past 2 years. I don't really care about human interaction too much so I don't feel loneliness. The only human interaction I want is a deep connection with a girl again, but most of the girls in my suburbanite city are mad basic, don't talk about intellectual subjects, and are way different from me overall. It also doesn't help that I'm 19 and look 16, I feel that girls will overlook me right off the bat just because I look young.
>>
>>29593104
Don't have to fight 7 exes tho
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.