[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Last week of university (first year) >Big LAN party from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u1[1].jpg (44 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u1[1].jpg
44 KB, 800x800
>Last week of university (first year)
>Big LAN party from Monday to Friday
>Supposed to be the highlight of the year for nerds
>Take my PC
>I don't play Overwatch
>Or Hearthstone
>Or DOTA
>Or Counter-Strike
>Play RPGs on my own for 12 hours not saying a word to anybody
>Go home and sleep

Why did I even come here, I could be doing this at home
>>
Well you could have tried playing with them, i dont particularly enjoy playing dota 2 for instance but i play it with some of my friends because theyre fun.
>>
>>29584058
How is playing DOTA 2 with strangers at a LAN better than just playing with pubs online?
>>
>>29583913
back when I was a kid LAN party meant everybody brought their PCs and played the same game together, whatever that was, most likely quake or some shit
>>
>>29583913
Play Overwatch you fucking whore

And don't choose a sniper if there's already two on the team.
>>
>>29584079
Cause theres a chance of making friends at a lan and there are slim chances of making friends in a pub for instance. You could have made friends for the rest of your university life. and even much more.
Plus i find lan with my little group of friends more fun because we just smoke cigs drink beer and talk bout random shit.
>>
>>29584120
I can't afford to buy it
>>
>>29584131
I dunno man, I can't see myself making friends with people I know nothing about by playing a game I know nothing about
>>
>>29584133
Oh sorry about that

In that case play TF2 it's the same damn thing and free
>>
>>29584144
Well becoming friends means getting to know people that you know nothing about, games are a perfect way to do that imo.
>>
>>29583913
Maybe you should've just installed one of the free ones.
>>
>>29584151
I've been playing TF2 but nobody else here plays it
>>
>>29584208
The fuck?! How are you in a room full of nerds and none of those fuckers plays TF2?
>>
>>29584243
Everybody plays the newest hot shit - in other words, Overwatch. I asked around and everybody I checked with hadn't played TF2 in years.
>>
>>29584252
It's 40$ you poor faggot. Suck some dicks or work for half a day at mcucknalds.
>>
>>29584646
Why? I don't even want Overwatch very much. Why should I go through the effort of getting money so I can buy a game just to fit in?
>>
>tfw have trash taste in vidya
>dont even fit in with the autists
>>
>>29584704
this tbqh

Although the real problem is I don't really like anything. I've now come to the end of my first year at uni and there's only one over person that I talk to on the regular. But how am I supposed to make friends when I'm not hugely interested in anything and I don't drink?
>>
>>29583913
Maybe not good at counterstrike but how can you not play it? Its the quintessential FPS.
>>
>>29585226
I own both Source and Global Offensive.

The thing is I'm not just bad at it, I'm literally the worst at it. As in, every single match I will get 0 kills, usually ~25 deaths. On a rare lucky day I might get 1 or EVEN 2 assists. It's pretty much impossible to be worse than me, only just as bad.

I know playing games is more about having fun than about winning, but there's nothing fun about knowing that every single round I will contribute absolutely nothing of value to the team.

I have the same problem with MOBAs as well.
>>
>>29584704
But having trash taste is exactly how you fit in with the autists that play nothing but LoL 24/7
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.