[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you sit around and isolate yourself to a little room letting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14
File: fine.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fine.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
Why do you sit around and isolate yourself to a little room letting the world pass you by?
>>
because I fucking hate the world
>>
File: cyborg2.jpg (121 KB, 781x885) Image search: [Google]
cyborg2.jpg
121 KB, 781x885
>>29583202
Then what do you do to change it?
>>
Everything I want is here, and nothing that I don't.

The few things that I want that are outside have an insane effort/reward ratio that don't make them worth it.
>>
File: 1464802452145-r9k.jpg (44 KB, 345x341) Image search: [Google]
1464802452145-r9k.jpg
44 KB, 345x341
>>29583255
https://youtu.be/Zl4OtSjTyNU
I don't want to
>>
l don't know what to do
>>
>>29583255
Where does the assumption that he wants to change it come from?
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 449x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 449x820
I'm tired, anon. I'm so tired.
>>
I ain't ready for that shit yet, dude
>>
File: plaguedoctor4.jpg (172 KB, 1600x841) Image search: [Google]
plaguedoctor4.jpg
172 KB, 1600x841
>>29583326
So you're afraid of venturing outside then?

>>29583351
He doesn't want it to be the way it is.
Two options there, do nothing or do something.
>>
File: _1384213350254.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
_1384213350254.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>29583184
>>29583184
Why not
>>29583255
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>29583255
I wonder if the guy in your pic is actually doing something cool or if he's just doing the futuristic cyberpunk equivalent of meaninglessly shitposting
>>
>>29583397
I saw this to myself sometimes when nobody else is listening. I don't know why I started sating it or where i first heard it. I'm so tired.
>>
>>29583184
every time I go outside to try to take life by the horns, I get hurt a little more. I get rejected or even worse people pretend-accept me and reject me later.

I don't think i'll ever learn how to be liked. I'm so tired of trying and I just want to be comfy with my internet and a bowl of cereal. Why do you have to try to take that away from me?
>>
if you're depressed, that's fine. I understand. I have days where I can't do anything as well. but if you're not, or if you are and you manage to have a good day, go outside

if you live in a big city, visit a museum or an art gallery or a used book store

if you're in a more quiet area, go for a walk by yourself or something

build shit, draw, write, I dunno, but don't spend your entire life consuming instead of producing things

you are more than just a slave to your computer screen, a slave to your desire for companionship, a slave to comfort.

I've been on this board for a long time and I know that you have incredible potential, just judging by the depth of emotion I see here often. I just wish you guys would take better care of yourselves. (again, not applicable to those who are severely depressed)
>>
>>29583184
Because both alternatives to it are both terrifying.
>>
>>29583446
>do nothing
Which he does by staying inside letting the world pass him, dumbass.
>>
>>29583518
>consuming instead of producing
reddit meme detected
>>
>>29583518
We could read, write, draw, think great thoughts, write great music or poetry, learn a language, pick up a skill... but what prevents us from doing these things is the knowledge that it is our only option- to find fulfillment alone. Regardless of whether or not we want to do these things, and many do, the key to happiness is to feel that you are in control of your own life. And the gnawing knowledge at the back of your mind that doing something by yourself is all you could ever have done is enough to make most of us not do anything at all.

It's like voting for Stalin. Maybe you like him, but he's the only candidate on the ballot. Maybe you prefer to be alone, but you cannot get a gf. You cannot find friends. You will always be alone. You are not in control.

td;dr, no matter how appealing the only doorway is, it's still the only doorway available to you. Humans want to feel that they have choices and opportunity cost and free will. We have none of those things.
>>
File: styx.jpg (227 KB, 1920x927) Image search: [Google]
styx.jpg
227 KB, 1920x927
>>29583489
I'm not trying to take it I hate cereal, I'm pissing in it.
>>
>>29583518

>Museum
Tried it. Boring.

>Art gallery
Tried it, boring.

>Used book store
Tried it, boring

>Walking
Not worth getting sweaty for.
Every time I go out I regret it.

For a while I said stuff about how I wish I could draw or play music or whatever, but ultimately those things are fucking boring. I was far more interested in the destination (i.e. getting gud), yet I'll never get there because practicing is not interesting at all.
>>
I stay in my room because everything on the outside that I can't reach is something I can reach on the internet.
Also everything I love that is within my reach comes and hangs out with me in my room or invites me out to hang out with them.
>>
>>29583586
Really, Einstein?
>>
>>29583638
what's wrong with being alone? you do realize that girls are also just people too? we're not special or anything, you shouldn't need the approval of a girl to find fulfilment

I don't see a guy with no gf as a loser, but a guy who has no intrinsic desires or motivations and instead just seeks comfort in other people? that's pretty damn pathetic

>>29583663
if you don't have discipline you won't develop regardless. you didn't miss out on much
>>
>>29583184
What do you want me to do
Go outside?
I would just shitpost on my phone or read a book then
>>
>>29583701
>what's wrong with being alone
nothing. you should be asking "what's wrong with being made to be alone despite a deep desire for human contact and female company?"
>>
>>29583701
Yep, I realise that. Being able to play an instrument sounds cool, but cool enough to put all that time and effort into learning, so it will never happen/
>>
>>29583326
beautiful song gnos lufituaeb
>>
>>29583724
I just don't understand why you would want human contact so badly? I've never found it really fulfillling

>>29583727
so are you still unhappy with yourself?
>>
Because it feels like I should. I'm just fine isolating myself, letting the world do its own thing. I gave up, you can call me a quitter and I won't deny it. Now instead I'll sink my time into whatever gives me some entertainment and find contentment alone. I'll go out for necessity, but I'll always be alone while doing so. I'll watch everyone else achieve their goals, my goal is just to be comfortable. As long as I'm not feeling overwhelmingly negative, I have no reason to complain.
>>
>>29583756
It doesn't matter whether it is or not. It's never been something available to us. Imagine if use of blue pens was denied to you all your life and everyone else used blue pens as freely as they pleased. Some preferred not to. Some used black pens. Or red. But they could choose blue pens and you couldn't. And you fell asleep each night thinking of blue pens. Woke up every morning thinking of blue pens. Daydreamed in class about about, you guessed it, blue pens. Watched others use them with envy. Sometimes you come to hate blue pens. Sometimes you pray for them.

"lol, it's just a pen that's blue, chill. i prefer green. it's much prettier. what's the big deal?"

that phrase alone would send you into an autistic rage.
>>
>>29583727
I played an instrument for about a decade
Even the destination wasn't that fulfilling
It just becomes a thing you do, like talking or eating
>>
>>29583701
>being a mammal and having the same basic needs as every other mammal on planet earth is pretty damn pathetic
just fuck off you stupid roastie slut
>>
>>29583804
why would I be so intent on using a blue pen though? you're saying that being denied something is inevitably going to make you want it? because that's not true at all
I know that there are certain experiences that I will never be able to go through but it doesn't bother me

>>29583814
what did you play?

>>29583836
a need for companionship and acceptance is different from a need to procreate and propagate the species

anyways we have progressed as a race to a point where there is no excuse for us to be governed by our base instincts
>>
File: manslifecrabs.jpg (578 KB, 808x1024) Image search: [Google]
manslifecrabs.jpg
578 KB, 808x1024
>>29583708
Challenge yourself.
>>
>>29583861
It was a bad example. I realized that after posting. But the truth seems to be that there is no equivalent to human companionship because there is no other non-essential that we humans have an innate desire for.
>>
>>29583861
spoken like a true sociopathic female solipsist who has always had everything provided for her due to the circumstances of her birth
fuck
off
>>
This little room IS the world.
>>
>>29583255
remove myself from it
>>
>>29583586
haha. Fucking REKT
>>
>>29583882
In other words, it cannot be compared to anything else and it is folly to make a comparison.
>>
>>29583882
I see what you mean, but I still believe that you can train yourself to find other things rewarding. it's kind of sad to be after the approval of another human for your entire life. does that make sense?

>>29583884
lol I won't disagree that I was afforded certain privileges due to my gender but I know women much more well-off than me in terms of looks, wealth, education, connections, etc. who still give way too much credence to others' approval
>>
>>29583938
>does that make sense
pure, unadulterated condescension. I'd expect nothing less desu.
>>
When normalfags hear of a young man not "experiencing the world", they assume he experiences nothing in its place, that he lives an empty life. They fail to realise that the recluse instead experiences a very different life.

But instead of asking the recluse what kind of life he leads and why, they ridicule him and ask why he does not lead a normal life.
>>
why wouldn't i do that? the world is headed over the cliff, it can pass me by as much as it pleases
>>
>>29583948
I apologize for coming off as condescending, I just wanted to make sure there was no miscommunication
>>
File: kek.jpg (39 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
39 KB, 540x360
>>29583884
>internet buzz words
>>
>>29583875
How am I supposed to challenge myself?
>>
>>29583861
>we have progressed as a race
No, we haven't.
We grow food, we build houses. A few really smart people figured out how to do crazy shit with fossil fuels and electricity. The rest of us just do what we do.

We're no more evolved than any other species on our planet.
>>
Being around people tires me out immensely, working in retail I barely have enough social compactly to make it through the end of the day. Hard to keep a relationship with friends because of this. They think I'm coming off rude.
>>
>>29583184
im trying to change am actively looking for a job .
>>
File: popeye.jpg (6 KB, 187x250) Image search: [Google]
popeye.jpg
6 KB, 187x250
>>29583978
Go look for adventure.
Adventure is mostly mundane and reports are often exaggerated. Not like the video games usually little or no reward for completing quests.
>>
>>29583263
Pretty much this desu.

In my room I can shitpost on 4chan, listen to people talk about games, maybe play some games, watch movies, fap, etc.

To most people the world outside has more options. Those options either don't apply to me or take immense effort / carry great risk so it's not appealing in the way it is for others.
>>
>>29584034
Can't go to an adventure I have to be at a mental hospital from 9 am till 5 pm every day
>>
>>29584094
Get better so you can adventure later sport.
>>
>>29583184
I'm waiting for my gril to get off work and I don't know what else to do. Unless some anon's want to hang out near Fussa or Hamura.
>>
>>29583184
Im slowly losing my sanity and my impotence in the face of the globalist threat has left me broken and hopeless
>>
>>29584094
I thought about it a bit. Imagine when you get out of there.
You're walking around maybe going to do something you pretty much have to. Like going grocery shopping. You see someone you think is famous or important a musician or a writer. They're just like everyone else gotta eat just like you.
That sort of thing might make your day, get excited over it maybe you got questions or want an autograph or something. They probably get that a lot it's mundane to them, but pretty much every day everything you do is an adventure.
Sometimes just going somewhere doing nothing, meeting or talking to people can be an adventure.
>>
bumperurururum
>>
>>29584309
I guess so
Sadly I am scared of people
>>
>>29583518
>I know that you have incredible potential
lol

yah I'm a manlet friendless avg intellect NEET assburger. My potential is limitless
>>
File: cherryblossom.jpg (498 KB, 700x2164) Image search: [Google]
cherryblossom.jpg
498 KB, 700x2164
>>29585062
Would you really call it an adventure if it didn't seem a little bit scary sometimes?
>>
The world wasn't meant for genetic garbage like me. I'm meant to seclude myself in a little corner and die alone.
>>
>eat chinese food
>open fortune cookies
>don't just spend time, invest it
>from error to error, one discovers the entire truth

what the fuck are they trying to tell me?
>>
>>29585355
On your deathbed when you look back on your failure of a life you'll realize all the shit you should have done differently?
>>
File: 1463402801875.png (848 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
1463402801875.png
848 KB, 1050x1050
>>29583184
>sit around inside and isolate yourself
or
>walk around outside and feel isolated the whole time
>>
File: fdshgsfdsd.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
fdshgsfdsd.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29583184
I don't give a shit, I just want a shitty job so I can live in a shitty apartment alone my whole life watching anime and playing video games.
>>
I just landed a job that helps me me make really good money from home, but only after a long road of failed ideas and hard lessons about irresponsible spending. I had a bunch of wild and stupid fun when I was younger, this is a get-my-shit-together phase.

I voluntarily plug in my hours from 9 to 5, drive to gym, come back home to study, and then fuck around on the net.

I'm still reeling from the reckless financial mishandling of my younger self who loved to waste cash on any and everything. Kinda made me paranoid about spend money today. Since literally everything in the outside world costs money, I've got to save up more. Based on my track record, I know all it takes is a couple drugs and a few impulsive decisions for me to fuck all my shit up in a weekend. I can't let myself spend money I don't have anymore.

A lot of people my age are sinking into debt and struggling to find even minimum wage jobs, so I feel pretty lucky to have the setup I do right now.

After getting out of this cave I definitely plan on taking a few trips abroad
>>
>>29583184

Simply, because I like it in here. I control the environment, and can watch / listen / do whatever I want.

I don't like going out and speaking to people. I don't like travelling. I don't like all the shit that goes on out there, so why not be happy in here?
>>
File: humanbean.jpg (20 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
humanbean.jpg
20 KB, 600x315
>>29586264
>so why not be happy in here?
Who in the fuck comes onto r9k to say that? You can lie to yourself all you want but you know you don't believe that anymore than I do.
>>
>>29583184

Because the world is loud and mean and I just want some silence.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.