[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK Cupid is cancer in Portland... I've seen MUCH worse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: ss+(2016-06-27+at+11.29.08).png (21 KB, 637x237) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-27+at+11.29.08).png
21 KB, 637x237
OK Cupid is cancer in Portland...

I've seen MUCH worse than this too.
>>
>>29582734
Seattle is almost as bad. Women on dating sites are awful
>>
>>29582734
OKCupid is cancer anywhere. Did you know they use canvas fingerprinting to identify users? Their entire fucking site just fails to load if you block it. This means they can (and do) uniquely identify you as an individual regardless of what browser you use, regardless of changing your ip address, etc, etc. It's some serious brave new world shit going on -- I wouldn't recommend using it.
>>
>>29583028
Fingerprinting? It's online. When would you ever get fingerprinted?
>>
File: 1408615732570.jpg (43 KB, 214x400) Image search: [Google]
1408615732570.jpg
43 KB, 214x400
>>29583060
Cute. But this is actually a serious issue.
>>
>>29583060
By the way I am ready to go deep into your rabbit hole. Take me.
>>
File: 1467025138660-r9k.gif (459 KB, 480x330) Image search: [Google]
1467025138660-r9k.gif
459 KB, 480x330
portland is just absolute cancer
>>
>>29582734
>Portland is cancer in Portland

fixed you anon
>>
>>29583086
Explain the canvasing thing please and how the identification of users with that method is insidious.
>>
>>29583094
Can I recommend Google?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas_fingerprinting

I've personally verified their site uses canvas fingerprinting to identify you in a number of ways, and you can see for yourself by downloading a chrome plugin like CanvasFingerprintBlock and navigating to their site - most of it simply will not load.

I wouldn't be surprised if they use this shit too, but my investigation/pentesting of their site hasn't gotten that far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evercookie

>>29583123
Canvas fingerprinting is using the html5 canvas element to get a unique identifier for you based on your device's gpu among other things. The only meaningful way to avoid being tracked in this way (outside of blocking access to this element) would be to make a new virtual machine every time you browse the internet.

Not wanting to be tracked/identified is meaningful anywhere on the internet, but is particularly important on a site like okcupid because:

1) Let's say you have two profiles - one gay, one straight. Maybe the gay one is meant to be much more anonymous. Congratulations, OKCupid's database now knows who you are and that you're bisexual.

2) If you get banned for mysterious reasons, which apparently mistakenly happens all the time, you will never be able to log onto the service again on that device without vm shenanigans. Given that OKC accepts shitloads of money for their paid subscribers and doesn't respond to emails regarding this sort of thing, this is probably some kind of fraud (at least when used against paying customers). This is how I found out about this and began investigating and pentesting the site.

3) Right to privacy. If I have to explain to you why it's extremely important that you should be able to opt out of being tracked and identified on the internet, you're a lost cause.
>>
>>29583206
>he sounds like a RFIDfag
Shit, that means you're probably right about this shit
>>
hey im in portland

want to hang out, anon? or fuck?
>>
File: Gary_Busey.png (332 KB, 693x695) Image search: [Google]
Gary_Busey.png
332 KB, 693x695
>I'm bisexual!
>I love to travel!
>Harry Potter is the best!
>I'm such a nerd XD
>I'm not a virgin

Why does every whore sound the same on okcupid
>>
>>29583043
Some of the questions on it I swear has to have been put up by the government

>Would you use violent force against a police officer who are trying to enter your house without a warrant?
>Do you have a passport?
>Do you listen to conservative radio podcasts?
>>
>>29582734
okcupid is shit everywhere pretty much, portland does have some "enterteining" candidates though
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.