[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you're dying of terminal stomach/pancreas cancer, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 2323.jpg (11 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
2323.jpg
11 KB, 239x211
If you're dying of terminal stomach/pancreas cancer, how good are the pain meds to help me avoid pain? How much will I suffer? I really don't want to off myself so leave that out.
>>
They give cancer patients the real good stuff: oxy, morphine, fentanyl, etc. All your pain will disappear and you will feel like you've receded back into your mother's safe womb, where there are no problems and no worries.
>>
>>29581817

Yea but that's like the last 6 months right? I can accept death we all gotta go but cancer is like super hardmore due to the pain and vomiting and length of it

Well least I'll go doped up and say my farewalls before.

Though being a NEET who leeched off his parents makes me feel like shit. At least my life was always being tucked safely with my parents.
>>
Godspeed OP

The meds will help
>>
THC m80
>>
Would you trade being a busted pedophile and overall scumbag NEET virgin 27yo loser for your condition?
>>
>>29581791
Hydromorphone.
Good googly moogly that shit will put you on cloud 9. You feel so good and couldn't give a care in the world if something hurts.

It's an opiate so you'll begin to get constipated as it slows down the nervous system including your intestinal tract. Worth it!
>>
Hey OP I'm a registered pharmacist in New Zealand and my thesis was on anti-cancer agents and how much collateral damage they cause.

I can tell you this for sure, doctors will do everything they can (morphine,fentanyl, oxycodone) but the only way you're going to live more than another month is with anti cancer treatment. And that anti cancer treatment will make your life hell, the pain of everyday life is hard enough but the feeling of your mind deteriorating will be the worst, no amount of opiates can stop that, your emotions and freethinking will leave you, and those things are who you really are.

Honestly OP I don't want to tell you this but an hero is the best option at a certain point. Get your painkillers and go live life for as much time as you can. You have to know when the time is right, and you're content. Leave your family and loved ones with an image of you and the emotions that belonged to you, don't turn into a husk as I've seen happen to so many patients.

if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer
>>
>>29582364
hydromorphone is a fancy name for heroin

doubt they'll give it to him as it's usually used for serious broken bone patients, it slows the nervous system too much for it to be effective in most cancer applications where things like dialated blood vessels and an active metabolism are required for anti-cancer agents to work as intended

- pharmacist guy
>>
>>29582483

I realize this but as a worthless NEET that leeched off his parents, the least I can do is not an hero since my parents are catholic and wish for a normal death. I already know that anti-cancer agents just make it worse so I opted against chemo and all of that to just deteriorate on pain meds.

So husk route is the only thing left. They tend to dope you up on hospice so my chances on dying to morphine and other pain meds are high. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid of the pain.. really the only thing that scares me. I imagine my death will be me refusing foods and slowly starving on morphine in my sleep. Hope the pain meds dulls all of it.
>>
>>29582575
You made the right choice man

because you're not taking chemo, you should die for stomach failure long before your brain starts to wear down (as the cancer won't have time to spread assuming it isn't leaking into your bloodstream yet, even so it will take a while) the best advice I can give you is to ABSOLUTELY REFUSE any intraveneous food they offer you, no matter how hungry you get, just say your stomach hurts like fuck and you want more painkillers. And honestly OP, I know you feel like you owe it to your parents but their beliefs don't control you, and I know that your parents would still love you if you went quietly and passed out, there are also several ways of performing an hero and making it look like you died in your sleep or choked, this is especially convincing when you are a cancer patient.
>>
>>29582546
Hydromorphone is completely different substance. Heroin is diacetylmorphine. Really shows that pharmacists are just glorified shopkeepers for drugs.
>>
>>29582714
>the best advice I can give you is to ABSOLUTELY REFUSE any intraveneous food they offer you, no matter how hungry you get, just say your stomach hurts like fuck and you want more painkillers.

Will a living will/advance directive be enough for this? I really don't want to be knocked out and find they intubated me because a family member overrides it.

I won't an hero though I do understand the suggestion to avoid as much pain as possible and looking like a skeleton to my family.
>>
>>29582364
Do they still give out Dilly's? Last I heard they cut back distribution, because IV use of them was getting people way higher than even heroin. They're like impossible to find on the street nowadays.
>>
Is there a worse way to die?
>>
>>29582235
Contrary to the memes, weed isn't going to do shit for real pain. The only real use is increasing appetite.
>>
>>29583515

A long lengthy Torture?

Also heard of a jap guy Hiroshi who had radiation flash and died of cancer while being kept alive though said in a coma
>>
im really sorry OP, hope you have a good one
>>
>>29583581

It must do SOMETHING if it makes people high
>>
Weed actually is good for dealing with nausea, if that becomes a problem. Hospice is strong on pain management, as I volunteered for them. Also maybe have a real talk with your physician, and say when you start turning into a husk please administer an od. Couldn't hurt to ask. Also a do not resuscitate order is important .....it will keep the local emts from pounding on your chest to revive you when you are dying. It's called a DNR. The person caring for you should keep this nearby to show the ambulance crew.
. I'm sorry you are in this situation OP. Enjoy your life as long as you can.
>>
>>29584471
>Hospice is strong on pain management, as I volunteered for them.

I've always wondered. Do they really off people by overdosing or is it a pain thing that comes down to:

they either die in peace with meds vs give none and have them suffer more?
>>
Just know some people here envy you for being able to check out early.
>>
>>29584583

Most suicidal people don't want to die

And if they do they want it quick

Not drawn out
>>
Can you tell us the story of how you found out? Want to feel feels desu.
>>
>>29581817
I accidentally popped some Oxycontin from my stoner friend in highschool.

Let me tell you OP, you'll be in good hands.
>>
>>29581791
>dying of cancer
>still doesn't want to commit suicide

self-preservation really is an insidious thing
>>
>>29581791
Dying of Cancer.. try LSD/Shrooms/DMT or something like that before you go. Idk i've never tried it though
>>
>>29581791
Would you want to be reincarnated if you could?
>>
>>29584490
The hospice I worked for would not allow a patient to suffer. They gave them as much painkilling med as was needed to cover the pain.
>>
>>29584490
They didn't have an official policy of giving overdoses to patients close to dying who were in pain. I heard it sometimes was done out of mercy.
>>
>>29581791
rest in penis op
>>
>>29584914

Nope. I really don't want to come back even if it was as a rich attractive individual. People get old and break down seeing everyone they know die. Death comes again.

>>29584936
>>29584975

I'm thankful I was born in an age of pain meds. Well I was up all night anxious and researching about upcoming pain but hospice seems to take care of it
>>
>>29585047
So long bro.
>>
>>29585047
"Cattle die,
Kinsmen die,
You die just the same;
But I know one thing that never dies:
The judgement of the one dead's life."

Stay strong, OP.
>>
Go to cancertutor.com

Theres some serious protocols you can take to fight cancer.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.