[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck normalfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: elmo_drinks_.jpg (95 KB, 600x612) Image search: [Google]
elmo_drinks_.jpg
95 KB, 600x612
>get told by family that my inability to find a job is because of my "useless" degree from university
>see peers and other people my age get good jobs with degrees that are even more worthless

The major was Public Administration
>>
what do you hope to do with your Public Administration degree?
>>
>>29581466
I had hoped to get a job in the government.
Now, I just hope to get a job anywhere.
>>
What kind of job can that degree get you
>>
>>29581482
Get on at the TSA, famalam. Then work your way up since you'll be the only non-mouthbreather
>>
>>29581990
It's ideally meant to prepare one to enter the civil service/government, at any level. I took courses like public finance, statistics, law, hr. management...

But I've been a NEET since graduating, save for a minor shitty stint as a menial and lowly clerk at some shitty local company, from which I got fired two months ago.

>>29582006
And you think I could do it? That they'd hire me?
>>
>>29582070
Have you ever been in a psych ward? If you haven't, you should qualify somewhere. Just go on USAjobs and see where they're hiring male agents.
>>
>>29582135
>Have you ever been in a psych ward

No.

>If you haven't, you should qualify somewhere. Just go on USAjobs and see where they're hiring male agents.

I've been applying to jobs at USAjobs.gov for two years, and never has my application made it farther than the submission. I don't bother much with them anymore.
>>
>>29582198
You applied for entry-level stull like security officer? Because I got interviewed and tested on my first application for TSA, but they didn't hire me because of my mental health history.
>>
>>29582233
Not specifically for security officer, but for many entry-level, temp., and even menial positions such as admin. assistant, mail clerk, and even stuff like a park ranger and - I don't even know what this position is called - but the fucks who show up at government exams and who simply pass out the material and put the timer on.

Nothing.
>>
>>29582383
Proctor?
>>
>>29582430
No, not proctor: proctors actually get paid a salary and grade the exams.

This position was called 'test administrator' or something of the sort, and it was a part-time (if even that, because the hours worked might range from none to many) hourly position where one just drove to certain parts of town to hand out the exams and pick them up and deliver them to the federal gov't building.

Maybe I should just kill myself. I've never even gotten a call back from any federal position, and it's what I studied for, but you were able to.
>>
>>29581390
you are probably a slob
>>
>>29582494
To be fair, it was 2012 and I was applying for a very shit airport (Reno-Tahoe International)
>>
>>29582568
I've applied for positions in tiny towns in the middle of nowhere and still never heard back.
>>
>>29582070
If the only experience you have working in a professional setting ended two months later with you being fired, it makes sense why no one wants to hire you.

You need to build some sort of work history. In other words, if employers see someone else took a chance on you and you didn't get fired or something, they will be more open to hiring you.

Sadly, you're gonna have to start at the bottom of the barrel. Retail jobs, such as wal mart, or anything minimum wage would work such as fast food.
>>
>>29582693
It actually was 8 months, not 2 months. Does that still sound pretty bad?
>>
>>29582795
It's more the fact you were fired that detracts potential employers.

Also, do you have any references you can use from that job? I know some jobs like to call your previous jobs, so that could be a reason why you haven't gotten any call backs. The job that fired you could be giving you a bad reference.
>>
>>29582795
>>29582667
Honestly, yeah it sounds pretty bad. I'm a failure even TSA didn't want but I at least had times where I had years of consistent employment. You might really need to start from scratch or maybe go back to school and suck some cock for internships
>this alcohol is kicking in

In b4 reeeeeeeeee, yes I know I'm a failed normie. I'm not here to yell at true robots, we all suffer (except for Chad. Fuck Chad.)
>>
>>29582864
>Also, do you have any references you can use from that job

No.

I just say it was due to 'downsizing', and when they ask if they can contact my last job, I just say 'yes' - let them do it, if they want to so badly. Besides, it looks worse if I say 'no', right?

>>29582915
Oh. That bad?
>>
>>29583032
I'm really not the guy to ask (but I'll keep responding anyways because alcohol and I like you anon). Since I drove 18 wheelers I worked for 10 years at five different jobs without going through a single interview.

So [to me] the idea of a guy that can't keep a job for over 2-3 months seems like a red flag. But on the other hand, I never understand how these Hr cocksuckers can expect a man to break into an industry when every job throws out all the applications that don't have relevant experience.
>>
>>29583091
Truck driver?

That last employment I had was at a trucking company.
>>
>>29583150
Yes, truck driver. For ten fucking years.
Yes, I know I'm way too old for /r9k/ but I can't go to wizardchan because of the shit I've done in Laredo. Those nights in Laredo....wew lad the stories [they're probably not that interesting]
>>
>>29581390
That sounds like the most boring degree in the history of the world. Why would you get that, OP?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.