[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where can I meet people and make friends at 23?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
Where can I meet people and make friends at 23?
>>
>actually making this thread

You're doomed Anon
>>
File: weaboo.jpg (6 KB, 160x148) Image search: [Google]
weaboo.jpg
6 KB, 160x148
>>29580441
/soc/
bars
clubs

just b urself :)

In all seriousness I haven't a fucking clue otherwise I wouldn't be drinking alone on a fucking Monday night in my room on a fucking Taiwanese tapestry trade site as a full grown adult
>>
>>29580441
Nobody likes you when you're 23, sorry dude
>>
>>29580441
Tons of robots meet people online / from here. If you don't like normies stay away from /soc/ though.
>>
>>29580575
>that post
You are a rad mother fucker, anon
>>
>>29580518
i thought this was a tibetan throat signing forum, shit.
>>
>>29580882
I thought this was a mongolian herding message board
>>
>>29580518
Definitely not /soc/.

Listen, senpai. Meeting people is easy, making friends is harder. If you have literally 0 friends, either because you've recently moved or you're some weird NEET shut-in, then you can meet people either at work (sorry NEETs) or through activities. Do normie shit; join a basketball rec league, take a guitar/dance/yoga class, learn some random shit like spearfishing. These places are a good place to meet people, and make you less boring of a person.
Once you meet people, making friends is all about making yourself valuable. If you're funny/witty, it's easy. People want to be around people who make them laugh, so simply being funny is usually enough. If you're not funny, bring value in different ways. The easiest way is by inviting people to do things. Even having drinks at your place and watching Game of Thrones or some shit is enough. Get a groupon to go paintballing or some shit and say you need to use it before it expires. Do whatever you and your friends will enjoy. You have to bring fun to other people's lives if you expect them to bring fun to yours. Don't expect to be invited to things if you never invite other people to things
>>
>>29580976
>Do normie shit; join a basketball rec league, take a guitar/dance/yoga class, learn some random shit like spearfishing.
Any other examples? I don't want to do any of these. I wish I could go to an arcade and shit on people to make friends.
>>
>>29580976
>Do normie shit; join a basketball rec league, take a guitar/dance/yoga class, learn some random shit like spearfishing.
I'm with >>29581065, all that sounds lame as hell. Are there IRL shitposting clubs, or anime clubs for adults where you're allowed to say nigger?
>>
>>29581065
Think about your ideal friend. Is he a nerdy dude who plays MTG? Go to a magic convention. Is he a wannabe chad who will try to help you get girls? Go to some PUA meet-up.
Just think about the type of person you want to meet, and then go to where that type of person would be
>>
>>29581099
No, his advice is completely impractical. Find some soc type theads on r9k like the rabbit room stuff or overwatch threads and see if anyone is in your state.
>>
>>29580441

Literally jail
>>
23 year olds are rarer than unicorns
>>
File: AutismSpeaks.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
AutismSpeaks.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>29581121
>Go outside and do things that interest you, or would be enjoyed by the kind of people you want to meet.
>HIS ADVICE IS COMPLETELY IMPRACTICAL

You're literally a caricature of this board.
>>
The only way people past college age make friends is by meeting the parents of their kids' friends. If you don't have kids you're probably fucked. Nobody like us just made awesome lifelong friends from sitting at a bar so don't even try.
>>
>>29581223
No, in realty a person without any social circle to fall back on doesn't make new friends by going alone to clubs. All that would happen is OP will end up as the only creepy loner in the club who has no one else to talk to.

You can't give practical advice about starting from scratch socially because you've never had to do that. Which is why your advice to "just join a club bruh, talk to people" is utterly useless.

The only choice OP has is to make friends with people in similar situations and he's already in the right place to try do that. It's unlikely but its better than making social blunders as the lone autist in a club of judgemental normies and their pals.
>>
>>29581309
...except I just moved to Irvine from LA for a job and I knew literally nobody out here. I play basketball so I joined a rec league, invited people over for beers to watch the playoffs. The dudes that didn't suck I kept in contact with.
Maybe don't assume you know everything :^)
>>
>>29581498
I'm not sure how you think a normie moving to a new city and socializing generalizes well for some neurotic, anxious robot. Why the fuck do you even post here, serious question?
>>
>Where can I meet people and make friends at 23?
You can meet people anywhere but being 23, the gap of social knowledge between you and them is too big to be friends with them. Most likely you will sperg out without even realizing it and it all ends with them going "heh heh... yeah." and giving you weird looks.
>>
>>29580441
do something crazy, like a public stunt and say you were in psychosis. They will shack you up with some folks in a psych ward and you'll get overtly familiar with them.
>>
>>29580441
forums.
>>
Where can I meet a group of other misfit adventurers so we can travel through time and fight giant space monsters?
>>
>>29581603
Finally someone actually has a good idea
>>
>>29581678
This

>no trio of autists to walk around, grab some tendies with, laugh at normies and roasties, then go home and play some split screen vidya together with
>>
>>29580575
I also enjoyed this post.
>>
>>29581115
This seems like pretty good advice as it also intrinsically includes your own interests. As you visualize your ideal friend, you visualize yourself.
>>
>>29581775
>>29581115
>implying I have interests outside my house
>implying I have an "ideal friend" in mind
I want friends for the sake of friends, I just hope they're tolerable.
>>
Where can I meet people and make friends at 35, anons?
>>
Honestly I don't even want friends, I just want a gf
>>
>tfw your only social hobby is literally 100% male
>>
>>29581846
girls dont want guys with no friends
so in order to get gf, you need friends
>>
>>29581831
I know this feel too. Going to "find" friends almost seems artificial.
>>
>>29580441

Work, Church/Mosque/Synagogue, Gym, Sports Team, Park (play some "hoops" against people), Bar/Pub, White Nationalist/Black Nationalist rally, or some Anime club... whatever.
>>
>>29581904
That sucks. There are no girls that just want a bf and no friends?
>>
>>29581603
I do this occasionally

Alcoholics anonymous is great too, tons of reformed shit heads fucking around in 'anything but drinking' club. Stick mostly to the activities and not meetings tho.
>>
>>29581831
Well then, replace "ideal" with "tolerable".
I don't think the underlying idea has changed.
>>
>>29582200
The real question is how can I find people who will tolerate me?
>>
>>29580441

Male:
Boxing clubs
Any group sport club
Work

All will take time

Female:

Be female
>>
try meetup.com, made a lot of friends that are into arcade games and retro games on there
>>
I miss the 90s when you could socialize without first buying into some commercial socializing pyramid scheme.

Did you know that you could actually go out with someone and talk about things without having to pay a membership fee in the model train club, or spend thousands on MtG cards? You're probably too young to remember but it's true.

There was also the concept of public space where people could gather and socialize without having to go to a paid venue with an entrance fee.

Thank G-d for progress, eh?
>>
File: gymbruh.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
gymbruh.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
>>29580441

When i move to a new city usually my first priority is to find a gf which never takes long, then I meet her friends which leads to meeting friends of friends. I have moved a lot ever since i left my parents house 5 years ago just so i could see more of the country and meet new people.

If youre familiar with your surroundings then,

>gym
>bars
>parties
>public events
>>
>>29582413
this post was so normalfag I just crushed a beer can against my forehead
>>
>>29582271
You aren't really terrible, you are just boring. I'd love to tolerate you.
>>
>>29580441
I have like one friend who I see but he never has no money no job and has long bouts with homelessness. Plus he is really mentally ill so talking to him and chilling isn't ideal and I would rather not even chill with him. Because I'm so lonely tho I just hang out with him anyway and buy him booze. McDonald's and we chill at my house and watch tv while drinking coffee. There is a reason why a lot of robots said meet people at mental wards and jails, we can't pick the top teir of friends. If you ever want to make a friend he is probably going to be some homeless crackhead because no one is going to want to hang out wit you. It's not bad really.
>>
>>29581884
Penis competition?
>>
>>29582338
Meetups for what category?
>>
>>29582806
strategy board game
>>
>>29582846
don't know just sign up for the site and put in your location and see what's close by
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.