[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Behold! I just finished putting together a website that con
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: arthur.jpg (77 KB, 720x552) Image search: [Google]
arthur.jpg
77 KB, 720x552
Behold!

I just finished putting together a website that converts YouTube videos to webms. Any body want to try it out?

youtubetowebm.com
>>
>>29580135
sounds kinda too good to be true

i'll be the cuck here and just wait for you other bots to wade in the waters
>>
>>29580166
What do you mean? It takes the url to a YouTube video, and a start time, and a duration, and creates a webm of the clip.

So if you wanted to get a webm file of a YouTube video between 1:20 and 1:30 you'd give it the url, the start time in seconds (80) and then the duration (10).

Try it!
>>
>>29580209
Seems simple enough I guess, why not
>>
>>29580135
In theory this is a genius idea considering there's a lot of us on here. Which other boards have you notified about this?
>>
>>29580166
Or, alternatively, just give me an example YouTube video and start and stop time, and I'll do it for you.
>>
>>29580305
You're the first. I literally just got it working late last night, then today I bought the domain name and fixed a couple minor bugs.

There may be some rough edges. Also, right now it has a limit on the size of the YouTube video it will convert to a webm. I'm trying to avoid high bandwidth costs.
>>
>>29580135
Anon, a suggestion on the UI. You should be asking people for start and stop times, not start time and duration. Don't make people do math. That's what programs and computers are for.
>>
Thanks for trying it out! Let me know if it works, or if there are any problems. Let me know if you have any suggestions too.

Be warned, it's kind of slow. Especially for long durations. Be patient. Give it 3-5 seconds per second of video you want.
>>
>>29580135
Good work. Convienient stuff here. Home those skills
>>
File: 1466385729121.gif (1001 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1466385729121.gif
1001 KB, 640x480
>>29580413
>home those skills
>h o m e
>>
>>29580385
Good call out. I've just switched it up. Although I think someone tried it while I was making the change, and it may have fucked theirs up.
>>
Does it give an option for sound/no sound? Since I post larger webms with audio in other places, and I make smaller webms without audio to post here
>>
>>29580587
Not yet, I'll make a note of that.
>>
I just had to kill and restart the server. Still working out a few kinks. Sorry, friends. If your is in progress right now, you need to try again.
>>
>>29580599
It's taking forever for a 1 second slice of a 10 second video. Is this expected?

By forever I mean >60 seconds.
>>
>>29580647
If you started it before this post
>>29580645

Then it was likely fucked up. I restarted the server though and now it seems to be working. (It has successfully delivered two webms).

The time should be the time to download the video (depends on video length) plus the time to convert it to a webm (about 3-5 seconds per second of duration).

If you've waited a while please refresh the page and try again. Sorry about that.
>>
It would be awesome to be able to:

use a slider to cut like tubeChop

checkbox for sound

add sound from a different video (should be able to cut using another slider)

Crop video

create a webm using a picture file like jpg or animated gif and sound from a yt video
>>
>>29580488
you know what i meant shiteh
>>
>>29580135

Pretty neat idea. But as another anon suggested, I think there should be an option of having audio or not.
>>
>>29580901
Noted. I'm going to run by Wendy's, then I'll come back and add it when I'm done.
>>
>>29580135

>did something productive, useful, and potentially profitable

Why do you even post on this board?
>>
>>29581148
I've thought about the profitability. I need to do some more work on stability and performance. I think I failed half the requests tonight. Then add some features. Then some ads.
>>
>>29581492
I've thought about putting some ads on it, but it would have to get serious traffic before ads would even pay for the server and network connection.

I may also let people see the webms other people made, and vote them up or down.
>>
I'm giving this one final bump before I go to sleep. The website has successfully delivered ten webms tonight. Thanks for trying it out, folks.
>>
>>29580135
Fucking good idea m8 I r8 8/8
>>
I received the error:

Bad video stream

only vp8 is supported.
>>
>>29580135
Works well, danke
>>
>>29581911

The latter idea would probably bring a lot of traffic and take your precious hosting resources. You should just tell people to save or rehost their webms if they want to keep them longer, and just delete them shortly after. Also, a webm upvoting gallery would just bring in the meme crowd unless you keep it strictly as a 4chan-only (how would one even do that?) site.
>>
File: 1467101400364.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1467101400364.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29580135
nice idea anon
>>
my video is take a long time to convert is roughly 60 minutes so how many seconds more to wait ty for this its v easy to use!
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.