[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to begin my journey as a wageslave tomorrow morning. If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 18
File: 1466508626796.jpg (352 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1466508626796.jpg
352 KB, 1200x900
About to begin my journey as a wageslave tomorrow morning. If you're a wageslave, tell us about your job.
>>
>>29578954

I hate my coworkers so much.
>>
I do data/order entry for just above minimum wage

I absolutely fucking hate it and can't wait for it to be over
>>
i used to be a busser for a faux-italian restaurant. pretty swanky, had to dress up in a suit and everything.

150 bucks a week. I got fired a montg ago because a coworker ratted me out. now back to square one with no money
>>
I got fired on Friday after 2 years loyal service and today may be my last. Can't fucking wait to have a NEET summer and go on holiday.
>>
>>29580194

This. I don't mind working at all, its being around the same people for over a year now that drives me up the wall. They're not even mean to me, I just hate seeing the same people every fucking day. And all the women that work there basically secretly know I'm a virgin aspie which makes it worse.
>>
>>29580682
you know that feel when coworkers get too buddy-buddy with you and won't stfu/making dumb ass jokes? some people have no self-awareness man
>>
>>29580607

150 a week? Jesus man thats slave work. Where the fuck do you live? That better be without tips
>>
Had a fulltime job making 10 an hour at a garden shop. Quit to make youtube videos. this was a week ago.
>>
Seriously, it's not as bad as NEET s make it out to be. It's like HS pretty much, just be cool with your manager
>>
I can't go back to NEET life I'll get kicked out, which means to quit my bullshit job I gotta get another bullshit ass job. I'm basically stuck, not a day goes by when I don't think about loading my car up with some belongings and just driving into the sunset with a couple thousand bucks and a dream. Fuck what mommy and daddy thinks, I gotta live for myself.
>>
>wake up at 5am
>drive 1 hour
>start at 6:30am
>at lunch time hear all my coworkers talk about how they banged 100 chicks in 1 night
>my boss is the biggest asshole
>leave until 4:30 pm
>come home at 5:30 pm
>shower eat browse /r9k/
>sleep
>tired every day
>tfw no wife to massage my aching body
>repeat until saturday

I love being a wageslave!
>>
>>29580739
Depends, he could be a part-timer. 3 shifts a week or so.
>>
>>29580802
>pack up and drive into the sunset
I did that once, it's not as cool as it seems.
>>
>>29580802
>I'm basically stuck, not a day goes by when I don't think about loading my car up with some belongings and just driving into the sunset with a couple thousand bucks and a dream. Fuck what mommy and daddy thinks, I gotta live for myself

Hi. Yes I pretty much plan on doing this. I plan to purchase a van, make it /comfy/ with a sofa bed, leisure batteries and a stove and take off. I'll live like a nomadic hobo whilst I figure out a way to become rich.
>>
>>29580739
>>29580832
my mistake, I meant a weekend
40 bucks tips on a weeknight. 80+ on a weekend night. worked three days on the week, plus friday and saturday.
about 280 - 300 $ a week. which afforded me some good times and rent. I live in MD

unfortunetly, some fat fuck decided to play the responsible adult and told the manager I had a cup of wine from a wedding party.

done with tips. just want to be a dishwasher and grind out those hours
>>
>>29580834

What happened?

>>29580947

That's pretty decent money I could probably move out making that. I only pull 200 a week but I work part time.
>>
>tfw quit a call center job because I couldn't handle people yelling at me for 8 hours a day
>tfw just want a mindless warehouse job
>>
>>29580947
Wow, I work in restaurants and who ever ratted you out is a total cunt.

I worked a wedding this weekend where it was open bar. I rang in 6 pints for myself to have later on in the week so they're accounted for.
>>
>>29581152
what happened?

I had around 10,000 in the bank, quit my job driving trucks and drove to California to start over.
>Got to California, no one would rent me a place
>drove to Nevada at semi-random, found an apartment the first day I was there
>Paid first three months rent to get a spot, but it's passable.
>Started to make "friends"
>Eventually got a job delivering appliances, got fired 2 months later
>eating through savings
>got a job driving cabs
>fired because I can't drive 12 hour night shifts while I'm on anti-depressants anymore.
>run out of money, sell everything
>go back to California
>think about jumping off bridge, get 5150'ed
>homeless shelter for months
>bathroomless, kitchenless room for 2 years in a meth-hotel
>get neetbux
>still love California, still can't afford anywhere except the Valley, move back to Nevada
>>
>>29581316
why would you take anti-depressants man. they're just memepills.
and how'd you get the neetbux
>>
Just remember another day another dollar
>>
>>29581367
>why would you take anti-depressants man. they're just memepills.
A necessity to get state-funded therapy back then.

>and how'd you get the neetbux
by being crazy enough that no one would hire me. I'm not telling the shortcuts because I don't want lazy fuckers on /r9k/ emptying out the OASDI half of Social Security.
>>
>>29581463
You pretty much gave a big hint by mentioning the 5150 part and there really is a guide to it.
Old NEETfags would know if it.

Oh here it is,

If you are too fucking lazy to read the following then you are too fucking lazy to even apply for it. You're welcome now fuck off
>>
File: choice..jpg (44 KB, 480x478) Image search: [Google]
choice..jpg
44 KB, 480x478
>>29581586

Ah shit forgot to post link. Here it is.
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S6512844#p6512924
>>
>>29581586
Exactly, if you're fucked up enough to need it, you know where to find the info, byt half of /r9k/ just wants to be spoonfed all their lives
>>
>>29581602
you know there used to be a time when we kept these things hidden, where we left a little work to those who sought it........
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 283x178
>>29578954
>wageslaving
kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_HTABr7hA
>>
>>29580607
i hope you were working no more than 15 hours a week for that kind of pay.

ratted you out for what? were you fucking the pastries or something?
>>
File: popo1.png (89 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
popo1.png
89 KB, 500x500
>>29578954
I work in a grocery store and I hate all of the customers.

I can't quit because of the benefits.
>>
>>29580947
What a fucking cunt. I live in France and drinking some wine is socially accepted at lunch at work and nothing bad ever happens.
>>
>>29578954
20, Im a busboy at a restaurant in my town, have like 5 managers (really 3, other 2 are just there),One of them is an old fucking asshole who shits on everyone and everything, literally cursing people out and making them feel awful about themselves, Other one is nice and the last one is a drunk. I work from 5 pm to around 2 Am on fridays, and on sat-sun I work 10:30 Am to 10:30 PM. Weekdays I Rarely work, but if I do I work from around 12 Pm - 8 PM.
One of the bosses who is nice is kinda lazy shit and always is forgetful of checks. Ill get either one a week or 2 every two weeks. I asked him last night and he said if I can wait 20 Minutes hell give it to me. Wasnt waiting any longer than I had to, I booked it out of there. Also, I get fucking awful blisters all around my feet and now the skin is hardened and turned calloused so now i have to rip it all of and its fucking painful
>>
>>29581316

You messed up when you went to california. Everyone wants to live there and its expensive as fuck. I'm thinking outside of the US, mexico maybe.
>>
>>29580750
>Quit to make youtube videos
Channel name? Are you doing it to be successful or is it a passion?
>>
File: 1334110962265.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1334110962265.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>Been working the same place 5 years
>Coworkers got tired of me after the first week
>Work 40 hours a week on a team with people who can not stand the sight of me
>There is nothing I can say or do that will make things more cordial because we are well past the point of first impressions
>Don't talk to anybody unless something needs to get done
>Lately they've been sticking me with the archetypal curly-haired fat dude with an annoying voice that everybody loves
>Every time I turn the corner he stirs the pot even more
>If something else is being discussed he'll change the subject to "things Anon does that annoy you"
>>
>>29578954
>15
Marijuana cross dog
>>
>wake up at midnight
>get ready for my shift at 1am
>get in
>boss is there from 10pm-6am
>I'm there from 1am-9am
>load is still being broken down
>literally 3-4 pallets of freight
>just assume they were fucking off until the slaves(me) come in at 1am so they do less work
>face and do bullshit until the load is ready
>throw the load
>be finished around 6-7am because boss wants it done before managers walk in
>antagonizes us all night
>literally nothing to do for last 3-4 hours
>do day shifts job for them because lol need my hours
>literally go home early most days because fuck that

the best part is when my boss would antagonize me and i'd give him shit back, he'd go cry to the store owner and i'd have to chat with him.

Bunch of cunts.

The worst part is prolly working with a bunch of drunks/druggies that shit on you because you don't have any vices.

Fuck these mindless drones.
>>
File: 1465850272025.jpg (48 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1465850272025.jpg
48 KB, 720x720
>>29581774
I like customers

I'm too boring to hold a conversation but as long as I tell customers where the granola is they smile and say thank you and make me feel human for a moment
>>
File: excited Makoto.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
excited Makoto.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>29578954

>tfw no wan wan who wears a helmet and hides in a hole

Ganbatte on your job anon.
>>
>>29583719
Aw, thats cute anon!~
>>
>>29583746
Will you be my friend?

I don't say much but I could really use a hug!
>>
File: wake me up inside.jpg (22 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
wake me up inside.jpg
22 KB, 367x202
>lazy graduate who likes being in Asia and doesn't have enough money to go to grad school to prepare for a real career
>used to teach English in Japan
>40 billable hours a week, minimum more like 45, often exceeded 50, classes were all the same boring slog showing kids the same flash cards and hoping no one cried, with long periods between doing classes where I had nothing to do and if my boss visited my school and I wasn't doing anything, he'd get mad, so I ended up wasting time on stupid shit like making posters and washing the windows
>quit because fuck that

>teach in Taiwan now at two schools
>spotty hours but total pay is usually enough to get by
>multiple bosses, all of them are insane and most are somewhat stupid
>most of the kids in kindergarten up to grade 2 are pretty cute, fun to teach
>one group is nothing but shitheads, always shouting my name, shouting at each other
>like half of them are autists
>every single female is named Elsa
>mfw today this little deaf shithead went into the bathroom without asking me to leave, ended up shitting everywhere
>not paid enough to handle that shit, so another teacher had to do clean up
>spent the rest of the day destroying the lives of the rest of my students
it's a living. don't do it if you don't like kids. dealing with autists is okay because I spend enough time on 4chan anyway
>>
>>29583867
>>29582159
You know California is more than S.F. and L.A. right?
>>
>>29580711
>Silent for a while
>Can tell the other person's getting nervous
>Not sure whether it's better to start talking out of my ass to pay lip service to cordiality, or to just let the silence build
Fucking stick me in an office already.
>>
>>29583892
as far as I can tell there are only two kinds of places in California: liberal hellholes where everyone smokes weed and you pay 2000 a month for a closet, and empty desert

If I were trying to start over, I would probably go to Colorado
>>
File: 1351301339769.gif (494 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1351301339769.gif
494 KB, 500x385
>>29583941
He should visit the Sierra Madre
>>
>>29583941
>I would probably go to Colorado
Would Wyoming be a good choice?
>>
>>29583941
Yeah, I went to the third kind (shit farmland). I couldn't get a place in fucking Redding with 3 months cash.
>>
>>29583971
there's nothing in Wyoming. literally nothing. if that sounds good to you, be my guest. at least in Colorado you can chill in the mountains and get stoned
>>
>>29580947
dishwasher here. shit sucks.
>>
WEEKDAY
>wake up yoga 7:30
>shower shave 7:45
> sip frozen banana almond milk kale smoothie 8:00
> drive to coffee place near work 8:30
> change into work uniform in coffee place bathroom 8:45
> order decaf 8:50 chill and sip
> walk to work 9:50
> clock in 10:00
> mop front 10:00
> bring down chairs 10:25
> fill ice machines 10:35
> bring down plates, silverware and cups 10:45
> get towel bucket and orange/ lemon slices 10:50
> wipe down tables and chairs 11:00
> check bathrooms 11:15
> wait tables, restock customer items, bus tables and bring plates down all day after clearing bathroom 11:30-2:00
> clock out 2:00
>>
File: 1463894426826.png (173 KB, 343x364) Image search: [Google]
1463894426826.png
173 KB, 343x364
>>29584002
I just wanna settle somewhere cozy and chill, I just want a quiet life. I thought Wyoming would be that, a cozy state, where I could just chill in a cafe or in my apartment, with no loud people outside during midnight. Is Wyoming what I just described, or am I talking about a different state entirely?
>>
>>29584087
There aren't really cafe's in Wyoming. It's like a giant state with less people than mid-tier midwestern cities. All cowboys and coal miners. Quiet at midnight though...
>>
>>29584087
I imagine it's pretty quiet, but I dunno about cafes. I imagine most of the state is just farms, mom and pop burger shops, and wal-mart. probably everything closes at 8. I guess you could get that in Wyoming, but there's not really any jobs for non-locals.
>>
>poker
>haven't gone outside to do anything in years
>play with my dick all day
>this post is the most social interaction i'll have in weeks

>>29584066

i can't even remember what month it is. waking up at a certain time of day is beyond me
>>
>>29584112
Damn, then which state would be great for a cozy guy, who just wants to live a quiet life and just read books or browse the web on my laptop in a cafe or apartment? Preferably a state that doesn't have a very active youth or noggers nogging at night. Michigan, Idaho and Wisconsin also looked lovely, so those were my other choices, if Wyoming wouldn't turn out.
>>
Would /r9k/ be interested in knowing how I was a shitty wingman in Wyoming once?

>Failed normie Stories
>>
>>29578954
I spray shit with a hose and look busy the other seven hours.
>>
>>29584164
Go ahead, anon.
Originale
>>
>>29584163
you pretty much have two kinds of places now: those with no jobs for non-locals, and those with brown people
>>
File: shibe.jpg (36 KB, 736x551) Image search: [Google]
shibe.jpg
36 KB, 736x551
>>29578954
Sit in comfy office all day, make some phone calls, some paperwork.
Browse and shitpost on r9k all day.
Feels good man.
>>
>>29584240
I don't mind brown people, so long as they don't go fucking crazy when I'm trying to fall asleep, I heard Michigan's been suffering from unemployment rates so I thought I'd go there and get myself a job, guess there's no other choice for me, eh?
>>
>>29584066
>25 minutes to mop the fucking floor

do you go slow on purpose because you're only getting four hour long shifts?
>>
>>29584271
>go somewhere no one has jobs
>expect to find a job
???
>>
File: 1466483742632.jpg (143 KB, 1200x894) Image search: [Google]
1466483742632.jpg
143 KB, 1200x894
>>29584149
Good for you, and all the Robots. I wish you the best and enjoy those neetbux I help pay for. I deserve slavery as a normie and only exist to support the NEET Master race.
Wish I could get a pad and NEETBUX for my heart problem.

Stay Comfy
-Dish Chan
>>
>>29584209
It's probably not that interesting except for stories of the weird shit that happens to failing normies but here goes anyways.

>was driving team with a 6'5" semi-Chad from South Alabama back in the day
>4th of July, we're on our way to Oakland from Ohio
>We pull into Rock Springs, Wyoming. Park at Buddha Bob's Bar and Diner
>proceed to bet blitzed, so drunk we both threw up and caught our second wind
>co-driver wants to fuck the bartender Mandy. He's married with a black wife and 2 mulatto kids...
>I want to fuck the waitress Brandy but I know she's not into racemixing. I decide to give up and get drunk.
>we have an ounce of Atlanta weed between us. They have to drive to Salt Lake to buy dro.
>He tries to play her into going with him and the weed alone.
>She blocks him by asking us all to ride out to see the fireworks
>6 fuckers in a van. Him and her in the front, me and three rednecks in the back
>the ATL weed is killing these rednecks
>Fireworks go off, he's damn near fingerblasting her in the front.
>in the back rednecks are getting emotional
>I might have been the first black guy they've met who wasn't "BIX NOOD"
>Redneck: I'm so happy to be smoking with someone from Alabama"
>Mood in the front seat is broken by laughter, she realized she was about to let a redneck trucker get in that pussy
>Drive back to Rock Springs
>Get trolled by co-driver for months
>>
>>29584333
you are terrible at storytelling
>>
>>29584295
The floor is huge Robo san. Please understand. P-please.
>>
>>29584392
I thought so. Do you have constructive criticism?
>>
File: 47528938.jpg (5 KB, 126x250) Image search: [Google]
47528938.jpg
5 KB, 126x250
>produce clerk
>don't care about my job at all
>smoke weed on my breaks
>steal peaches and eat them during work
>stay late and goof off so I can get dat overtime pay
>in school so I can quit and get a real job
this job makes me want to legitimately kill myself.
one of these days I'm going to bring a gun to work and shoot myself in front of a customer.
>>
>>29584410
you use pronouns without ever giving context to let us know what you're referring to. you mention two waitresses by name, and then never use their names again. you use the word "they" and seem to refer to both waitresses, but you are joined by three unknown rednecks for no apparent reason and the second waitress is nowhere to be found. you don't explain why or how you got trolled by your coworker. you mention race a lot, but never offer to explain what race anyone is.

the reader is forced to pore through your story line by line trying to figure out what the fuck you're talking about--meaning most people will give up understanding the finer details and try to skip to the juicy parts only to find there aren't any--and the only reason i read it thoroughly period is because you asked for constructive criticism.
>>
File: 1427488354571.png (9 KB, 339x324) Image search: [Google]
1427488354571.png
9 KB, 339x324
>>29584468
>Work a grocery store
>Don't even know my job title
>Work every department and basically the go to guy
>Basically anything management doesn't want to do, I do
>Stop giving a fuck, dress like a manager, instruct newer people to call me Mr. _____ rather than first name
>New managers eventually arrive
>I'm called into a meeting
>Five months into the new managers being here they find out I'm not a manager and make barely above minimum wage
>Confused on whether they should promote me or fire me
>in job limbo
>Told to keep doing what I'm doing for now
Grocery stores can be the worst with the incompetency.
>>
>>29584506
real life george costanza
>>
File: 1436980315231.jpg (87 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
1436980315231.jpg
87 KB, 500x379
>>29584506
the kroger corporation now owns my very soul
leave me behind anon, i'm already dead
>>
>>29584545
You too, mate? Protip, you're never going to get a raise or benefits unless someone dies and they'll crucify you if you get overtime.

If you want to work there for a while, lay low for a year and then you'll be past probation and you can do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>29584586
I'm just here until I graduate and get a comfy IT job. They already raised me from 10.50 to 11 at 40 plus hours a week so it's not so so bad.
>>
>>29584597
Wish I were in your place. In my store the only people who make more than $8 have been with the company for a decade or more.
>>
>be me
>paid significantly less than neighboring competitors
>coworkers and management have gone to shit
>14 people resigned since I got hired
>driving home from work one day
>pouring rain
>empty interstate with a few cars here and there
>can't see jack shit due to massive downpour
>300hpcoupe.exe
>170kmh give or take, I closed my eyes after that
>felt like an eternity
>open my eyes after about a minute
>wewlad.png
>come in next morning and resign

10/10 would wagecuck again
>>
File: 1436732112470.jpg (19 KB, 262x236) Image search: [Google]
1436732112470.jpg
19 KB, 262x236
>>29584605
Fuck man I guess my chain is an exception. I'm an APC clerk and we start at 10.50. That, and my department is shorthanded so I get mad overtime.
>>
>Walk out during a shift at Applebees.
>Unemployed for almost a month.
>Old best friend hits me up with a job opportunity.
>He's an old best friend because he tried to fuck me while we were tripping on acid once.
>Forgive because I've known him since middle school and I've known he was gay.
>Go to an interview a couple counties away with him.
>This dude wears a manbun and motherfucking nike flops (with the socks).
>Get the job anyway.
>First day we mow and weedeat.
>Shits alright.
>Second day we have to dig a bunch of holes to plant a shit ton of boxwoods.
>Dirt dries as the sun come sup and the soil is full of tree roots and rocky as hell.
>Busting my skinny ass with a pick and a shovel.
>Buddy is getting pissed at the dirt.
>Mexican crew leader tells us we have to stay until dark.
>Buddy begins slamming the shovel again and again into the dirt in an embarrassing display of futility.
>Mexicans try to talk to him about how hard they work every day instead of mocking him.
>He slows down.
>I keep working hard and dig three holes for every one he does.
>Wrap up, come back next day.
>Pick up his slack again.
>Next day waiting with my girlfriend to meet him at the interstate so we can carpool.
>He doesn't show up.
>Quit job.

I'm trying to get a job as a cook at a fancy restaurant at the Omni Hotel now. Waiting to go to school, hoping I'm smart enough to be a nurse and maybe one day get a degree in sociology, which is what I really want to do.
>>
File: travolta.png (124 KB, 324x358) Image search: [Google]
travolta.png
124 KB, 324x358
>>29584612
bruh fuck you you could have killed someone else because of your shitty life
>>
>>29584651
Forgot to mention that the job we got was landscaping.
>>
>>29584675
Like I said, little to no cars and I'm pretty sure I didn't see a single taillight in front of me when I started. I was hoping for a spinout rollover into the ditch or some shit. I also gave 0 fucks at the time and that didn't help.
>>
Im a line cook in a busy tourist town that solid cooks are rare and i started a bidding war and came out making more than my peers. Could probably do even better somewhere else. Im getting good at cooking... kinda like it, its hot and i get burned a lot but w/e
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.