[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever taken Chantix/Quit smoking cigarettes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: puffpuff.png (8 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
puffpuff.png
8 KB, 193x261
Has anyone here ever taken Chantix/Quit smoking cigarettes?

I've been taking it for three days now and I already feel weird and I feel sick.
My stomaches been hurting and I can barely eat.

I've looked at all the side effects but I can't find anywhere that says when the negative things all wear off.

Advice to stay on track?
>>
>>29576509
Chantix is poison.

I vape logic disposables when i get a craving. Haven't had a cigarette in close to2 years.
>>
>>29576566
Wait, Anon... How is it poison.
>>
>>29576509
It'll pass. In the meantime, chew gum or something to keep your mind off of it.
>>
>>29576584
It makes you crazy/suicidal. Seriously. People have bad experiences.
>>
>>29576605
I've already had nightmares on it but I don't feel the extreme depression yet.
>>
>>29576627
Yeah. Some people have bad nightmares. Fuck that.
>>
>>29576659
My nightmare last night was extreme

>be dreaming
>see mother and ex
>see big ass demon come up behind them
>demon grabs them both
>rips them both in half
>dream switches to being at mothers house
>my entire family is there
>they're all telling me how much of a failure I am
>that i'll never be anything in life
>i'm a disappointment

I'm hoping this is worth it...

I need to stop smoking.
>>
Quit cold turkey senpai
>>
>>29576731
I've tried that and I'm a psycho and throw up every time i try to.

My nan smokes as well so it's hard and she's always over at my mothers.

I also get stressed really easily and my first go to when I'm stressed is a cigarette.
>>
>>29576509
I'm taking wellbutrin for an unrelated reason and my doctor said "it may help you quit smoking if that's something you want to do."

Like hell it has. It's actually marketed as a smoking cessation aid at the same dose. I have noticed really crazy patterns to my smoking, but the same overall. Half a pack 2 days a week, 2 packs another day.

When I smoked a pack a day I'd never wake up with a sore throat, I'd rather go back to that.

(Not even mentioning the whole 'not able to feel emotions' side-effect or the 'thinking apathetically about suicide constantly and never sleeping' bit)
>>
File: 1463100441734.jpg (5 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
1463100441734.jpg
5 KB, 200x193
>>29576826
Jesus Anon.. idk.

I just need to quit I can't afford it.

I'm really trying to drastically change my life because I need to.

Not normie changes, but I don't wanna die from this.

It's too soon i'm only 24.

I still wanna get succ and have life experiences that are still waiting for me, like traveling and meeting (i doubt i will) the love of my life who could be out there somewhere. (which she isn't)

There's so much left for me to do and I can't do it if I'm smoking a pack a day.
>>
>>29576873
Godspeed.

I wish had quit for my ex. I never did anything that she asked and smoking was such a huge deal to her.

I could have done it, maybe proven that I cared enough to try.

Don't be like me, I'm only a year older than you and I feel so much older.
A year of smoking fucking wrecks you, funny how you don't notice until you have to run or do heavy lifting eh?

Good luck.
>>
>>29576971
Thanks Anon.

Been smoking for 13 years. Blegh.

I'm gonna do my best.
>>
>>29576873
Don't be me. I'm 27 and the effectives of smoking are now hitting me after smoking a pack a day since I was 9.

I have ED, high blood pressure, and terrible health. It truly does fuck you up. Just remind yourself of all the things you said and stick to it.

If you can't keep your word with yourself, then you're a hack. Don't be me. A hack.
>>
I haven't really quit, but I've cut down a lot on my smoking. I used to be smoking like a pack every other day, but now it's just 1 or 2 cigs a day. I did it by switching to vaping. I'm not enough of a sperglord to ever inhale from my e-cig in public, but it's nice to just have a few puffs in my bedroom whenever I'm feeling anxious. It's much, much cheaper than smoking, which is the main reason I've switched. I'm tired of having this really expensive addiction. I'm not completely sure how healthy it is, since it's relatively new and the research hasn't really come out yet. It's probably going to be revealed that vaping causes some dangerous health problem, once all the vapers get old and their bodies start breaking down.

Ah well.
>>
>>29577098
I know the feel.

I'm bipolar and randomly get the "today is the day! Gonna set some goals! I fucking love life!!" attacks. Fast-forward a few hours or days and I'm back to "I'm hanging myself before I turn 28 if (goal) isn't met." and I never follow through.

I've unironically cried while listening to "this is the day" anon. "Didn't wake up this morning 'cause you didn't go to bed" is my life in one line.
>>
>>29577098
Its' why I'm using such extremes like chantix.

I need to quit smoking.

>>29577117
I don't wanna smoke anything at all when this is over. Not even vapes.

>>29577180
Well, i have been getting mood swings pretty often from the Chantix.
>>
>>29576971
eh if she'll leave you over smoking she'll leave you for something else too
>>
i quit cold turkey shit was awful

isnt that chantix shit supposed to be absolutely wank so you dont ever fuckin go back, like it makes you feel sick if you smoke
>>
>>29577237
Not why she left, but it may have stopped her from doing what she did that lead me to do what I did.
>>
>>29576509
probably about a month idk
>>
OP Here

Just an update, I tried the chewing gum thing you suggested >>29576601

And it's actually working. I wanted to smoke but this is good.

Nvm I caved in and smoked.
>>
>>29577764
Well that escalated quickly.

Fuck this bot, that was original.
>>
>>29578184
I'm about to try exercising to occupy myself.
>>
>>29578244
*wink wink, nudge nudge*
Good luck.

I'm smoking like my 12th of the day. It will probably be my last until tomorrow and I'm proud to have cut back by almost half.
>>
>>29576509
I was smoking pack a day for a few years and quit 2 weeks ago. Just gotta quit cold turkey cause when I cut down I always had an excuse to smoke more since I wasn't all the way quitting yet. I kept myself distracted by denying the holocaust on pol and masturbating to traps on b and I highly recommend you do the same. You're the only faggot that's worth having around now op.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.