[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atheism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 290x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 290x320
Let's be honest here /r9k/: why did you convert to atheism?
I presume that most of you never really gave a shit about religion to begin with. You only converted to atheism bc you can't reconcile the fact that your life is miserable and "unfair" and that God exists. You claim there is no God bc you think that if my life is miserable why would God make me suffer? If my life is shit, it's bc there is no God.
Atheism also gives you an excuse to mock Christians. Most normies are Christian and mocking them for their beliefs is a way of getting revenge on them and to feel superior bc you didn't fall into organized religion like all the other mindless sheep bc you are an "intellectual". Stop deluding yourselves already.
>>
Religious debate is pointless, anything about religion is pointless. Only time you should care/ think about it is when people are trying to enforce there religious beliefs upon you.
>>
You can have religion and be an atheist. Ie Buddhism and Shintoism.
>>
>>29576234
Pretty much this.

I don't care about what people believe, or don't believe; just leave me out of it.
>>
>>29576135
I'd rather be around Christian intellectuals then braindead atheists
>>
>>29576135
I never subscribed to organized religion, but I did believe in ghosts and psychics. I thought I had many "paranormal experiences" but I realized a few years later that I was a very impressionable child and stressed out. Plus I have sleep paralysis which cause me to believe what I was seeing was real. Once I realized most of these occurrences happened when I woke up, I understood that I had sleep paralysis, and ever since then I know there is no such thing as ghosts, and that there's a logical explanation for everything.
>>
>>29576239
No you can't Do you know the definition of Atheism???
>>
File: 1462746713095.png (310 KB, 713x995) Image search: [Google]
1462746713095.png
310 KB, 713x995
>hurr durrr ur just bitter neckbird there's no way I'm just a retard for believing in fairy tales
>>
>>29576135
if there is a god why do i have a 2 inch penis

there isn't a god, we are just intelligent life forms hence the advent of religion. Is there a fuckin lion god? no
>>
>>29576135
>convert to atheism
Was raised by atheists.
>God
Never believed in it.
>mock Christians
I don't. Except the creationists. Christian values are good. I deeply respect most Christians that follow them.
>Most normies are Christian
Yeah, but not good ones.

FWIW, I think a lot of people in the west are being spiritually starved. It's difficult to be spiritual when you don't believe in God, but it's doable. Most atheists that try end up buying into a bunch of silly stuff though. Most don't even try and just cling to whatever remnant of spirituality they still have from Christianity, not realizing how they would be dead inside without it.

It's also a problem that people in the west are beginning to not really share the same values. This greatly weakens our culture, and social cohesion in particular. Every day more and more things are starting to be regulated by money or some other kind of profit. Very little voluntarism for the greater good.

I'm not sure if the decline of Christianity was a good thing. It just would have had to be less stupid, not disappear. And it's not like religion will go away altogether. Islam is incredibly strong now.
>>
>>29576135
I went to catholic school for 12 years. I realized the kids at my school who went to church every Sunday were shitty people who picked on others and just kind of sucked ass.

They just use it as a get out of jail free card.
>>
>>29576709

Agnostics and spiritualists are arguably worse because they're pussyfooting fence-sitters who can't pick a side. You either believe in a god or you don't. End of story.
>>
File: mesopotamia wheel.jpg (14 KB, 355x266) Image search: [Google]
mesopotamia wheel.jpg
14 KB, 355x266
>>29576135
Christianity is a sham, based on many other shams, based on an ancient astrological event. That's it. No special God, just pattern recognition where there shouldn't have been.

Honestly, it doesn't matter. If you want to fall into the cults of Saturn and worship a planetary ball of fire and give money to take prophets and 'holy people's, that's up to you. You should watch this, though:
https://youtu.be/5C-u7reHIWs
>>
>>29576832
Whoops, wrong vid:
https://youtu.be/0i3qyxjZlRY
>>
>>29576644
It means not believing in a god or gods basically. There are no gods, not even one, in Buddhism and Shintoism as examples. Atheism is an umbrella term. Agnosticism falls under it for those without religion, so grammar whose they are atheists, but not all atheists are agnostic. Some do have religion just without any deity or supreme beings to worship.
>>
>>29576755
You sound like a Deist. If you were an Atheist you would know Atheists aren't stupid enough to believe some new age shit that you obviously believe in. There is a cultural divide in the west but it's being caused by religion. and if you knew anything about religion you would know religion has always been the great divider. You don't need to be religious or "spiritual" to volunteer.
>>
>>29576234
Looks like the first reply was a beta edgelord. No surprise there.
>>
>>29576860
*Grammar wise
>>
>>29576135
I've never believed in God in the first place.
>>
>>29576135
I didn't convert to atheism, I just have no reason to believe in god, and most of the times when I have no reason to believe in something, I tend to assume it doesn't exist.
In fact, i'm agnostic, maybe some god exists but practically, i'm an atheist.

It's not really related to my life or anything happening in real life, I just have no way to know wether a god exist or not.

Many of the atheist people just believe there is no god though, and didn't really tried to investigate on the subject.
Just look at reddit's atheist subreddit, it's basically a giant circlejerk.
>>
File: 1467007452011.gif (481 KB, 499x315) Image search: [Google]
1467007452011.gif
481 KB, 499x315
>>29576287
Most people who actually go to school to study theology become atheists. Want to know why? Because every religion from 8000 BCE to today has been the same exact story just rehashed. Stop worshiping planets you monkey, they're just space rocks.
>>
File: 1466751961079.jpg (47 KB, 479x379) Image search: [Google]
1466751961079.jpg
47 KB, 479x379
I'm not religious but I wish I was. Partially to make New Atheist faggots butthurt, but mainly because my life feels meaningless.
>>
>>29576948
How does one go about investigating when there's no proof?
>>
>>29576866
>You sound like a Deist.
No. I can't take seriously any idea that has something like that as a basis.
>to believe some new age shit that you obviously believe in
No. That's exactly what I believe is silly.
>religion has always been the great divider
It also can make a culture very strong. I do believe in nations and peoples self-governing. Wars can be avoided without assimilation.
>You don't need to be religious or "spiritual" to volunteer.
"voluntarism" and "volunteering" are pretty different. Voluntarism generally requires strong social cohesion, and it allows a more laissez-faire society. Our society may APPEAR laissez-faire, but it is actually more strongly regulated by money than it has ever been. They just don't care what you do in your free time, but that's not what really matters.
>>
You're projecting. I don't believe in God because I see no reason to do so. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>29577017
investigate anyways
>>
>>29576860
>Shintoism has no gods
>>
sorry that i dont beleive in your GAWD

weve pretty much won any argument you can make against us. now we just play the waiting game.
>>
>>29577054
If Muslims are brought together by burning people alive then I guess you're right, religion does bring people together.
>>
File: comparative_religion_main[1].png (326 KB, 699x394) Image search: [Google]
comparative_religion_main[1].png
326 KB, 699x394
Has a religious person ever come out on top in one of these arguments? Every time it's the same thing. They provoke the argument, get their shit hammered, try to come back with some long disproven "intellectual" argument for the existence of god that they don't even understand and then they backpedal and try to paint atheists as the villains for challenging their beliefs. Any reasonable christian knows not to wake the sleeping dog that is this argument. They know that they're gonna lose, that they're gonna have nothing to say, that it's all gonna be a waste of time for both parties because of their own stubborness. So I could come here and give you the same old spiel, and you could keep spamming fedora pictures that haven't been funny or relevant in 4 years, but I'd rather sit this one out to be honest. The ultimate counter argument to whatever bullshit you have to say is, after all, "prove it". And you can't. And yes, it's on you to prove it. Can't prove a negative and all that jazz.

This post will recieve no replies.
>>
>>29576135
I don't like organised religion but I definitely think spiritual health is important. Stuff like Buddhism and Taoism where it's less of a divine mandated morality and more just holistic tips for living a peaceful life.
>>
>>29577085
Isn't it a nature religion? Not my point anyway. I wasn't sure when I typed that out. Too lazy to fact check.
>>
>>29577078
There's nothing to investigate.
>>
>>29577146
Meh, main reason I believe in a god is just the idiocy behind a universe without a creator and Abiogenesis, who the hell is stupid enough to think that becuase of quantum Fluctuations the universes started, or that life just started becuase mixing chemicals with literally no intelligence creates life.
>>
>>29577163
Investigate on the existence of god, and on why would you not believe it

Normies basically are atheist because "YOLO SCIENCE IS LE AWZUM xDDDD"
>>
>>29577146
fuck you, eat oregano
>>
>>29577130
Yeah. I don't think most Western people realize their situation. We win the military wars, the science war, the technology war, the economic war, etc. It may appear we are winning the cultural war too. And in a way we are. We export it everywhere. But that's just entertainment and materialistic values. We are NOT beating Islam. It will remain. It will fill the spiritual hole and show people a healthy way to live together, and have functional families. And we are not winning the long-term demographic war at all, which is the only one that matters in the long run.
The globalists know that Western culture is broken beyond repair and they support Islam.
>>
>>29577206
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sApQ80QRiE
>>
>>29576135
What I don't like about most atheists is that they use human arguments to convince me that there is no reason to believe in God. As if nothing can escape the scope of human perception. It just seems willfully ignorant.

I personally can't accept that the amazingly orderly and astonishing world we live in wasn't designed by a higher power. A lot of religious tradition seems silly to me, but the core of it is what really matters. Trust in God's plan, be good to others, live selflessly and have a positive impact on your community. I love it and I wish others the same peace I feel.
>>
>>29576955
>worshiping planets
Where in the bible does it say god is a planet or are you unironically a retarded autist who thinks they're clever for "pwning" religious people because "muh planet worship"?
>>
>>29577233
I think it would be better in the long run for humanity to grow out of religion completely.
>>
>>29577146
Then prove God doesn't exist
>>
>>29577206
Your own incredulity isn't an argument for god.
>>
>>29577163
net tela net dela (in russian it means no body no case)
>>
>>29577241
>le science black man
>>
>>29577241
Eh, benevolence of a god is possibly not what we think it is, remember that he/she/it is perfect, and that we aren't so we may not be interpreting this correctly and we are not seeing all sides of the issue, really interesting talk though.
>>
>>29577251
It does make it easier to lay your head down on the pillow every night and thinking if you die it can only get better. But if you realized the randomness and impossibility of our existence you would appreciate everything around you so much more. Way better than religion, or god.
>>
the bible oppresses women and fags XDDD
>>
>>29577273
The burden of proof is on YOU. You are the one saying there is an unseen omnipotent being. YOU need to provide proof.
>>
>>29577288
I see you have found a thesaurus, but this is not based on incredulity, it is based on solid evidence that the UV rays would have killed bacteria anyway and that half of the components of RNA haven't been found naturally.
>>
>>29577273
Not him, but prove you're not a rapist
>>
What could it hurt just to listen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrcQAYS9JtY
>>
>>29577326
So? The Bible was man's interpretation of god, and is not perfect. People are obviously going to put lies, but I believe there is still a lot of truth in them.
>>
>>29577381
The bible is man made.
>>
>>29577206

Just because you're really, really stupid doesn't mean that god exists. It's easy to assume that, because all the technology and art and building around you were invented by conscious things, that the universe was too. But that's a baseless assumption. And through the history of science, baseless assumptions like this are usually proven wrong. People thought the earth was flat, then they though it was the centre of the universe, then they thought planet's orbits are perfectly circular (not elliptical). All because it suited their short sighted view of how things 'should' be. But that's not how things actually are. You know, unless you can prove it. Can you?

>>29577273

Did your brain turn off before you read the "can't prove a negative" part? That's okay. How about this. Prove my dick isn't a magic wand. You can start by asking your mother.
>>
I've never believed in God. I have a brief moment of agnosticism one night in seventh grade, but I got over it by the time the sun had risen the next morning. It's not really a choice or anything, I just don't believe. What I do believe is that I will likely never believe in the Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or any other man made God. I believe in Fate though. Things are out of our hands and predetermined, but on a day to day practical level, that means very little.

I don't talk about religion very much at all. Mentioning that you're an atheist in America is not a good idea and I really don't give a shit what others believe, in fact I think that religion serves many essential functions in people's lives and in society and I approve of it on the whole, although I have some criticisms. I know voicing my opinion won't change anything, so I'd only do it as conversation with appropriate company.

I'm currently working in the house of a black muslim activist and poet and if I were to talk about religion with him the last thing I would want to do is throw gotcha questions at him to try and prove my intellectual superiority. That's a fantasy that you've made up. Maybe some immature children on the internet do it, but not people in real life.
>>
>>29577388
I just said that...
>>
Same story over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyu71k8QbaE
>>
>>29577308
I understand that and still choose to believe in God. I don't think anything is truly random, just too complex or unpredictable to be understood by small human minds. It's all a part of God's plan, and if that means I die a terrible death or have a miserable life, so be it.

I guess it's pretty much a deterministic view. I just think there is one set path the universe is taking, set in motion by a higher power. There is no reason you can't believe in God and the Big Bang.
>>
>>29577381
How do yuo tell truth and lies apart? Let me guess, things you like are from god, things you dont like are man's flawed interpretation of god?
>>
>>29577339
It's been proven that humans possess souls. Those souls leave the body after the body expires. They must go somewhere. They go to Heaven. And if Heaven is real, so is God.
>>29577351
if the only proof I raped is the girl's word, then I'm innocent. Lack of evidence proves I'm not a rapist
>>
>>29577397
ok sorry i'm kind of on offensive mode here.
>>
>>29577341
dude what
Last I checked, UV rays still exist, as does bacteria. Also last I checked, phosphorus, nitrogen, hydrogen and oxygen all still exist too.
>>
File: 666 Cube.png (619 KB, 832x469) Image search: [Google]
666 Cube.png
619 KB, 832x469
>>29577261
If you knew anything about the history of your religion you'd realize you're literally worshiping planets, pham. Lr2Skol.
>>
>>29577431
Wow, can you tell me who made this discovery about souls? I'd love to know more.
>>
>>29576135
>You only converted to atheism bc you can't reconcile the fact that your life is miserable and "unfair" and that God exists.
No, there's no reason a God would need to give a shit about our suffering. I don't believe in God because I don't see any reason to. If prayer worked or miracles happened I'd probably be a theist, but it doesn't and they don't.
>>
>>29576734
God is like a really really smart person with a shit ton of time on his hands so he creates the universe to keep him interested. He made you and your tiny cock to see what you would do. The absurdity of existence is proof that God is setting up the dominos just to watch them fall.
>>
>>29576234
>Only time you should care/ think about it is when people are trying to enforce there religious beliefs upon you.
Why do lolbertarians propagate this meme.
>>29576955
>Because every religion from 8000 BCE to today has been the same exact story just rehashed.
No it's not, stop lying online.
>>29577146
Yes, every single time because atheists are non-entities that only follow rhetoric.
>>29577206
muh empiricism
>>29577393
>empiricism proves things wrong
lol
>>29577396
America is an atheist country, you dip.
>>
>>29577431
>if the only proof I raped is the girl's word, then I'm innocent. Lack of evidence proves I'm not a rapist
And if the only 'proof' of god is some book written by ancient goatfuckers, then god's not real. Lack of evidence proves he's a myth
>>
>>29576135
I am atheist because I find the thought of a god controlling everything absurd. I'm not an atheist because I want to mock religious people (although that is fun sometimes).
>>
>>29577475
Yeah, it is. Religion is a damned sham based off of the scribblings of some retards 10,000 years ago.
>>
>>29577439
What about guanine uracil cytosine and adenine.
The ozone layer did not exist at that time so there was more UV rays to kill them.
>>
>>29577251

The best part about this is that nobody is saying they know everything when they tell you they don't beleive in god (and yes, most atheists are of the agnostic type, despite all the propaganda and shitty fedora pics you see). It's religious people who claim they have some magical knowledge of the unknown. You talk about how flimsy human perception is, and you're right. So why in the everloving fuck would you trust in this shit that is MADE UP by other humans? And no, it's not like science, where humans go out of their way to actually prove things. This is shit that people made up and told you, and you believed it. You didn't even ask questions. And you're so arrogant you'd attack the other side for doing the exact same shit you're doing. But you're doing it way, way worse. You don't even have the slightest speck of evidence to back yourself up. All you have is that human perception. Come the fuck on.
>>
>>29577463
Duncan MacDougall
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_(doctor)
And yes Ican prove a negative. Your 1 inch micropenis isn't a magic wand bc it can't shoot fireballs or summon demons
>>
>>29577474
I can't tell if your serious. If you are I think you should lay down.
>>
>>29577519
I'm not attacking anyone, I just don't believe that this impossibly complex world could have come about by chance. That's the crux of my belief. I have been asking questions since day one.
>>
>>29577475

>empiricism proves things wrong

Well, go ahead and prove yourself right. That's all it does. It invites you to shut your big fucking mouth and show us something real. Religious people like you are the equivilant of the guy who beats his chest and mouths off and then backs down like a fucking wimp whenever he's challenged. You want to prove you're such a big strong fighter? Then fight. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and keep your lies to yourself. We all have lies we tell ourselves, religious or not. You just can't help but spit them at others and cry like a little baby when anyone calls you out. It's pathetic.
>>
>>29577414
Guess what in the end I don't know, what is truly wrong and right be God's standards as he did not write the book, but I overall have to make those choices myself.
>>
>>29577475
>America is an atheist country, you dip.

I am sorry to inform you that you are factually incorrect sir. Less than a quarter of all Americans identify as non-religious/unaffiliated. 70% are Christian.
>>
>>29577393
Problem is, how can I have a short view if even empiricism, chemistry and physics goes against your favor.
>>
>>29577505
hurka gurka U need evidence, U must follow MY ideological grounds or UR dumb its fucking 2016 everybody that existed before me was just a fucking goatfuck fuckeringd9gufckfuckfuckfuck i literally have to swear to communicate because im 15.
>>29577515
>becuz i sed so
>>29577519
>OMG WHY WOULD YOU EVER HAVE FAITH ITS FUCKING 2016 YOU SHOULD ONLY TRUST WHAT PEOPLE AGREEDED UPON AND YOU SHOULKD FUCKING USE MY FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK IDEOLOGY TO EVEN FUCKFUCKFUCK EXIST
>>29577558
Proof is a meme.
>fight
Why would I fight a toddler.
>>29577577
>factually
Protestants are not Christian; the culturally christian are not Christian; '''''spiritual''''' people that attend church or own a Bible aren't Christian.
>>
>>29577565
So you can't tell apart god's 'truth' from manmade fairy tales? Then there is no difference between the two. Its all fairy tales.
>>
>>29577533
There is no proof of souls on this page. Ben Carson is a brain surgeon and he's a fucking idiot. Just because someone is educated doesn't mean they don't have to prove their ridiculous beliefs.
>>
>>29577604
Oh, how did you come to be so enlightened...
>>
>>29577604
>Its all fairy tales.
cuz i sed so

i am le master of logic and reason but i no need argument cuz i am to le smart

but u need 2 jump threw hoops and be fallacious to appease me because i am le center of universe
>>
>>29577619
>prove
Why do atheists propagate this meme.

Are you so autistic that you think everybody is some mindless empiricist?
>>
>>29577518
The ozone didn't need to exist, and even now, the ozone doesn't block 100% of ultraviolet rays. As for all the chemicals you mentioned, I suggest you actually fucking read about them. No where is it written that none of them are not naturally occurring especially uracil, where the Wikipedia page explicitly says how common it is.
Perhaps you should watch this:
https://youtu.be/v8nYTJf62sE
>>
>>29577592
>hurka gurka U need evidence, U must follow MY ideological grounds or UR dumb its fucking 2016 everybody that existed before me was just a fucking goatfuck fuckeringd9gufckfuckfuckfuck i literally have to swear to communicate because im 15.
Nice memes, when you have arguments come back
>>
>>29577251
Being good to others, living selflessly and having a positive impact on humanity all seemm like good principles to live by, but trusting in God's plan seems really irresponsible. There's no guarantee the world's going to become a nice place to live, or that humanity's even going to survive the next century. Believing in a God who's going to magically make these things happen or not happen seems like it would motivate people to not try as hard to make the world a better place.
>>
>>29577550

Don't dodge what I said to you. How can you attack skeptical types for doubting the existence of god based on 'human perception' when everything you believe is based in the same thing. Oh, just without a shred of proof to back it up.

You can believe what you want, it's a weak argument though. We really don't know that much about the universe as a whole. That's why science is the only thing that people respect when it makes claims about it, because it has at least some evidence to back it up. And it admits to being wrong when it's wrong and changes the model. Religion, on the other hand, is very stubborn. All you're doing here is assuming that the universe should be a certain way based on your very human idea of 'common sense'. Oh, there's a thing, someone must have made thing because all things are made by other things. But what the FUCK do you know? What the fuck do any of you know? Do you have any idea of the scale of the problem we're discussing right now? And you just assume that you're right because you're so great? You're a fucking idiot. Keep your moronic assumptions to yourself unless you plan on either changing them, elaborating on them in a creative way or providing some EVIDENCE to back up your vomit.

And this goes to any of you who think something like this. You are the definition of pretentious. You know fucking nothing. We as a whole know very little, but you know nothing at all. Read a book.
>>
>>29577627
You said there are lies and truth ther but you cant tell them apart. What if I said to you there is chocolate and shit on a plate but I cant tell them apart, whoul you still eat it?
>>
>>29577648
Maybe when you're a little older you'll understand.
>>
>>29577648

Same reason people scoff at you when you talk about how cool and tough you are and how much you get laid. Like it or not, empricism is at the heart of human nature, and that's a good thing. That's how people know you're talking shit.
>>
OP here. I notice many anons use fate and science to disprove God's existence. Here's my theory that can be backed up with science. God and possibly Gods exist but are not tied to any religion. They are beings who climbed the evolutionary ladder and are at the top. They possess reality warping abilities, hence they are God-like. They could rewrite reality so it was they who created the universe. However, they don't administer the universe. Once they put everything in place, they take a back seat and act as observers, hence nkthing is pre-destined and fate doesn't exist
>>
>>29577657
I don't believe that God is going to make anything happen beyond what he has already laid out. I believe that God created the universe in such a way that events would play out exactly as you see them today. Everyone has a role to play, and I accept that. Like I said, if the world goes to shit, as it sometimes looks to be doing, that's okay. It's all part of God's plan.

I don't expect any reward for my faith, mortal or eternal. What's the worst that could possibly happen? I die, and there is nothing? What have I lost? I'm satisfied with my existence.
>>
>>29577756
proof?
Original is my middle name
>>
>>29577756
Neat. Now where's the science?
>>
>>29576135
I'm a memetheist. I believe in Lord kek and the power of memes.

I was sitting in a church and realized I did not have what they called faith in their God. So I have up trying to pretend I did.

I'm less burdened desu.
>>
>>29577654
>U need arguments cuz i sed so i dont have an argument why so im a gigantic hypocrite but cuz i sed so so i am rite
>>29577657
t. moron that doesn't understand christianity
>>29577664
>That's why science is the only thing that people respect when it makes claims about it, because it has at least some evidence to back it up
Only the retarded respect empiricism, it's an ideology that contradicts itself at the core.

Disgusting hypocrite thinks his precious empiricism isn't based on an infinite number of assumptions.
>hurka durka evidence is good cuz i sed so
>>29577715
Why are you projecting?
>and that's a good thing
No it's not, it's the greatest evil of humanity.
>>29577699
Nice ad hoc
>>29577700
I'm older than you, dear.
>>29577756
Science is irrelevant and anybody that says otherwise can't even begin to comprehend Christianity.
>>
>>29577653
Sorry, I meant that those were not created in natural conditions, but cytosine cannot be created naturally, and is not found in meteorites, and the chances of enzymes all linking up together to make an even primitive cell are astronomically low, speaking we have a greater chances of waiting for this event and the heat death of the universe will happen sooner.
>>
If you theists on here read the bible, Koran, etc., you'd be an Atheist too.
>>
>>29577821
How does empiricism contradict itself?
>>
>>29577821
Wow, you're a legit moron.
>>
>>29577854
I read it and came to the conclusion that people had a message from god, and fucked it up at parts and added lies to it.
>>
>>29577800
Evolution. Gods were originally beings like us that climbed to the top of the ladder. They didn't get their power throught magic. Evolution is ghe goal of all species to survive better. If your omnipotent, then ghere's no more need to evolve. Your survival rate is 100%. We too might one day ascend to level. "Ye shall become as Gods" is literal
>>
>>29577854
Wrong, don't talk about things you don't understand.

Only STEMspergs and other non-beings think either of said texts are '''''wrong''''' because they don't coincide their ideology.

Empiricists are as objective as a victim of Stockholm Syndrome.
>>29577868
Every time I explain this, it gets dismissed as 'le stupid OMG UR ON COMPUTER SO UR RONG'

Like: >>29577894

It's become a waste of my time.
>>29577926
>evolution
Lol
>>
>>29577653
Sorry, but that theory was proven false, it's just a dumbed down version of the RNA world the theory.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3495036/
>>
File: 1462314109485.jpg (64 KB, 512x305) Image search: [Google]
1462314109485.jpg
64 KB, 512x305
There is no God, he was eaten by a godeating beetle
>>
>>29576135
I'm an atheist because my parents were non-religious. My dad once asked us if we wanted to go to church for easter and we said no.

I didn't really learn what Christianity was until I was in like middle school, and by that time it was probably too late.

I literally have no reason to believe in god. I have never had any kind of spiritual/enlightened experience that made me think there was something "more" out there. I didn't get raised in a church and have any beliefs set as the standard. There are no logical arguments that could make me believe in any written scripture.

So while I don't exactly 'know' there is no god like a textbook-atheist, I also have no reason to believe there is one. So my default is atheism.
>>
File: 1465306335390-r9k.jpg (200 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1465306335390-r9k.jpg
200 KB, 1200x1200
>>29577664
I understand the doubt that a lot of people have, I had and to a certain extent continue to have doubts too. The only proof I have is the universe around me, and for me that's enough.

You seem really upset, but that is your problem. Im not trying to argue with anyone, or prove anything. I just wanted to say what I believe. I accept that I know nothing, and believe in God entirely on faith. I don't care about science, it is neat to know more about the world but ultimately it is a human pursuit, and will always be limited by human limitations. I accept that there will always be factors beyond what we can know, and for me (once again you don't seem to understand that my beliefs are very personal, not trying to convert anyone) that invalidates it. It is just not something I am interested in.

I guess I am pretentious, but you only say that because you don't agree with my pretense. If you take human understanding and empiricism to be a pretense, as I do, then I guess you are pretentious, too.
>>
>>29577821
I never said God was the Christian God
>>
>>29577938
As a Christian here I am actually interested in your theory, could you actually elaborate on it.
>>
>>29577947
>proven
Why do empiricists so radically misinterpret empiricism?
>>29577957
>logical arguments
Why are you all so damn stupid?
>>29577963
The only God is the Christian God
>>
>>29577938
Where did you go to school? I need to write a strongly worded letter to them.
>>
>>29577958
Where did your initial belief come from? Did you have a "Ah-HAH!" moment where you believe god revealed himself to you?
>>
>>29578001
Would that be supporting my claims or against them?
>>
>>29578011
Because I'm not an inconceivably mindless STEMsperg like you?
>>
>>29578001
>mocking people who prefer logical arguments

How else am I supposed to develop a belief in god? You can't tell me "you have to just have faith!!!" because I wasn't imprinted with faith from an early age. You can't tell me "Look for god's message in your heart!!!" because thus far he hasn't given me one.

So how am I supposed to go from zero to believing in your religious doctrine? What reason do I, a person who has never had a reason to believe, have to believe now?
>>
>>29577841
Gonna need a citation for that.
Also, no scientifically literate person has EVER said that RNA formed "by chance."
>>29577938
So I take it that you don't actually have a case against empiricism. Also mind you, that the computer you are currently using is, in fact, the fruit of empiricism; as is everything else around you.
>>
>>29577938
>evolution
>lol
Evolution must have an upper limit. There has to be a point where you have power that guarantees your survival by 100%. Having God-like power guarantees survival so there is no need to evolve any further anyways. Probably all religions are false but there is definitely one or more beings who fit the criteria of God bc they are omniscient and especially omnipotent
>>
>>29578058
>biting obvious bait
>>
>>29578064
Dude I'm advocating against RNA forming by chance and I gave you evidence into how it is wrong...
>>
>>29578024
I didn't really have an a-ha moment. I think a big defining point where I began to suss out why I think what I think was one night a few years ago, just looking at the stars, chatting with a friend who is an atheist.

I began to comprehend how insignificant human understanding is and it seemed so foolish to me to reject the idea of the supernatural simply because it's not observable. I don't think God is really involved in the world in such a hands on way that he would "reveal himself to me." I do ascribe to some of Aquinas' philosophical reasonings for the existence of God.
>>
>>29578088
Mate, RNA didn't form "by chance." I never said it did. Chemical reactions aren't chance.
>>
>>29578143
So are you a christian, have another faith, or just a general theist/deist?
>>
>>29578001
:( It didn't have to be like this for you anon. The universe is so much more beautiful when you realize that it could have not happened. Do you remember before you were born? No, of course not, because there is no soul, no afterlife, no god. I hope one day you can see the randomness of our existence because it makes it so much more special.
>>
>>29576135
I don't understand why Atheists feel the need to debate Christians endlessly.

>"The spirit of Christmas means you should love your fellow man, help those less fortunate than you, and remember the Lord Jesus Christ."

>(((Dave Silverman))): "LOL GOD ISN'T REAL"
>>
>>29578276
>we should base our laws not only on the general message of 'be good' but also the specific dogmas in our religion
>i disagree
>fucking edgelord atheist kill this muslim faggot
>>
>>29578058
Nice to see you people admit how disgusting you are.
>>29578064
>So I take it that you don't actually have a case against empiricism.
Nice assumption
>b-b-b-b-bb-but im le empiricist i am le objective!!!!!
>Also mind you, that the computer you are currently using is, in fact, the fruit of empiricism; as is everything else around you.
Empiricism is required to observe said everything, you moron.
>>29578233
>because there is no soul, no afterlife, no god
Wrong, stop shitposting because I contradicted your ideology.

You Christian Heretics are hilarious; looking for spirituality but denying God because 'muh pride'
>>29578276
muh pride
>>29578316
Good is not defined in secularism.
>>
i never gave a shit about religion in the first place, my mother would drag me to church and forced me to go to CCD and all that nonsense because "OMG YOU WONT BE ABLE TO GET MARRIED IF YOU DONT DO THIS"

fucking hated every single second of it. didn't help that the nuns there were completely miserable bitches that didn't seem to want to be there either. i think the nuns are the main reason i hated it, they supposedly devote their life to god, yet they were all extremely rude and demanding. that just didn't seem right to me, i kind of figured they should be at least kind, but nope, cunt after cunt after cunt.

i was supposed to do all this community service bullshit for my confirmation and i just lied and got my mom to sign it. after i got confirmed i straight up told her i'm never going to church again, and i haven't, only have been in those places for funerals. churches are creepy and the people there are creepier.
>>
>>29578159
I wasn't referring to RNA, I was referring to how it was not found naturally, and the enzymes separate from RNA have to align in a way that lets thems create a living organism with each required part, but the chances of this happening are astronomically low.
>>
>>29578343
>Empiricism is required to observe said everything
And that's exactly what we're working on. Given empiricism's successes in the past, and supernaturalism's complete lack thereof, I'd say it's perfectly reasonable to subscribe to it.
Also, at no point in time did I ever mention anything about objectivity. Strawman harder.
>>
>>29578425
>not found naturally
[citation needed]
Again: CHEMICAL REACTIONS ARE NOT FUCKING CHANCE.
>>
>>29578183
I'd rather not get into labels. I don't think about it much. I believe the Christian God is the same God represented in other religions.

I attend church, mostly because I like the community and the atmosphere. I dislike evangelism and believe everyone should be free to believe what they want. I guess if religion=routine then I am very minorly religious, but my beliefs differ significantly from the members of the congregation I've spoken to about it. But, like I said, it's really only the core of it that matters to me.
>>
>>29578343
Do you have proof of god?
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 736x736
Only a fool would assume everything in the bible is to be taken literally, and then proceed to use this as ARGUMENTS in a debate with religious people.

In my entire life I have come across only two groups of people treating the bible this way, those two being Jehovah's Witness and atheists.

The bible is a collection of books, the very meaning of the word is library for Christ's sake, written and put together over many centuries.

There are historical events, foundations for a healthy society, philosophical analogies and some of it is pure poetry.

Even the all time atheism favorite 'Genesis' is by no means set in stone, although not conflicting with your preacious science in any way.

In my opinion the notion of there being no god whatsoever is unlikely based on the very fact that we are here to even question it in the first place.

Which I did, which I have, which I do. I grew up in a regular church-going family, my faith dwindled in my teens (as it usually does) I went to university and graduated. Regained my faith and now here I am.
>>
>>29578491
Lol triggered. There are multiple combinations of enzymes required to form a cell, note COMBINATIONS, the chances of those aligning in the right way, are like I said, astronomically low. As for cytosine

Synthesis based upon cyanoacetylene requires the presence of large amounts of methane and nitrogen, however, it is unlikely that significant amounts of methane were present at the time life originated.Synthesis based upon cyanate is problematical, since it requires concentrations in excess of 1 M (molar). When concentrations of 0.1 M (still unrealistically high) are used, nocytosineis produced. Synthesis based upon cyanoacrylate and urea suffers from the problem ofdeaminationof thecytosinein the presence of high concentrations of urea (low concentrations produce nocytosine). In addition, cyanoacrylate is reactive with a number ofprebioticchemicals, so would never attain reasonable concentrations for the reaction to occur. Even without the presence of other chemicals, cyanoacrylate
>>
>>29576135
>presume that most of you never really gave a shit about religion to begin with
If anything it was the opposite. I was terrified by the concept of a god, very god fearing. Normies do not understand the gravity of what a concept like god is, many don't care even if they "believe", "follow", or "worship" god, but as a child I understood.

Of course, the same intelligent and enlightened aspect in me that made me fear god as a young child made me reject the idea of a god as a young man and adult. No way else to put it really, as fedora tipping as it is. I read a lot of books including the bible and there just wasn't anything to it after that.

It was like a light switch that just turned off.

I do consider it to be something of trauma though, even now a great deal of my nightmares will involve god or hell or the apocalypse in some way. Religion is one helluva thing to expose children to, and I'm of the opinion that in the same way it should be considered child abuse to pollute a child's body and make them obese, it should be counted as abuse to pollute their minds and dreams with the horrors that are Christianity's logical conclusions.
>>
>>29578642
You don't get to cherry pick which biblical claims you believe in, and the ones you don't. The bible is either true or false. HINT: It's the latter.
>>
>>29578699
Where did I mention believing in anything the bible states?

As for it being false, who are you to say? Do you claim to know for a fact it is not true?

The bible is, like ourselves, limited to the human mind. Hence it being the human interpretation of the world miracle.
>>
>>29578642
Then Christians should stop (as a group) trying to use the words in the bible to justify anything beyond their own actions.
>>
>>29578806
Do you have any proof of god?
>>
>>29578806
>Do you claim to know for a fact it is not true?
I claim to know for a fact that some dude didn't get swallowed by a whale and survived to tell the tale.
>>
>>29578668
How do you get away with being this stupid? Provide citations for the bullshit that you're spouting.
Take a fucking chemistry class for fuck's sake. Synthesis isn't chance you stupid fucking gibbon.
>>
>>29578441
>successes
There are none.
>reasonable
Stop projecting your disgusting ideology
>>29578611
>i need le empirical proof for le non-empirical being
>>29578699
>cherry pick
t. moron that doesn't understand Christianity
>>29578834
?
>>29578861
HURKA GURKA I DON'T UNDERSTAND ALLEGORY BUT I AM LE GENIUS
>>
All you can do is resort to name calling, wow some people really are desperate to try to prove their beliefs or by "enlightening" others, I wrote this of the top of my head and don't know the link to the article, but apparently your anger is seeming to cloud whatever intelligence left you have so I suggest you come back after you feel less angry with the world as a whole.>>29578943
>>
>>29577431
>It's been proven that humans possess souls
what
>>
>>29578839
>>do you have any proof of god?

No, how could I possibly have any proof of it?

>>29578861

You just cehrry picked yourself, and like I said the bible is full of all kinds of texts.
>>
>>29578970
OH, so they're allegories?

Then don't use them to justify laws.

Christians (American ones, anyway) are incapable of imagining a world where one can grow up not believing in jesus.
>>
>>29578143
>it seemed so foolish to me to reject the idea of the supernatural simply because it's not observable

holy shit is this guy for real
>>
>>29578943 the information that I posted was based on my claims about cytosine not found in earth or made naturally, as for the chances of enzymes joining that you are getting pissed of about I mentioned in my last post becuase apparently you can't understand basic English and speech. Take a biology class and learn that when a cell is not controlling and enzymes and it is just a random assortment of enzymes, the interactions with them will be random and not controlled.
>>
>>29579107
>are you kidding me?

How about you explain why he is wrong about this?
>>
>>29576135
Death is ether a dreamless sleep or a passage to another form of life. Nothing to fear at all. In my opinion its foolish to restrict yourself to a religion that is possibly false. So I just live my life trying to do the right thing, while simultaneously saying fuck it once in awhile. You'll live a happier life if you focus on yourself in the now than worrying about the past and future.
>>
>>29579091
The laws were founded and justified by Christianity though, without it there would we nothing to justify the laws no?

Your sense of morality and indeed the whole western world's are based on something, don't forget that.
>>
>>29579035
>>29579143
I've resorted to name-calling because you're apparently too fucking stupid to understand how ba
sic chemistry works and it seems to be the only god damn fucking thing capable of entering your excessively thick skull.
>>
>>29578970
>There are none.

>what are computers
>what are airplanes
>what are cars
>what are houses
>what is medicine
>what is electricity
>what are televisions
>what are rocket ships
>what are submarines
>what are satellites
>what are telephones
>what are trains
>what are robots
>what is literally everything invented ever
>>
>>29576135
> You only converted to atheism bc you can't reconcile the fact that your life is miserable and "unfair" and that God exists.

my mother has cancer. There are children starving in africa. mass shootings happen ever couple of months. Theres tons of shit that should not be happening that a "god" can't stop. If god is all powerful he seems pretty weak to be letting shit like this happen all the time. If god is all powerful its interesting that he can't make atheists go away when they go against everything he teaches. More atheists have actually read the bible than christians have, the reason they don't believe is that there just isn't a reason to. I choose not to believe in a book that was written thousands of years ago because it is irrelevant to modern society. It teaching good morals or whatever doesn't fucking matter, having good morals is something that should be expected of a human being. Most christians are assholes anyway.
>>
File: Taxi Driver.jpg (220 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Taxi Driver.jpg
220 KB, 1024x576
I use to be a dumb metal head kid back in highschool and got a stupid "666" tattoo on my ass. Sad thing is that it's my only tattoo.
>>
>>29579073
Then how do you know god exists?
>>
>>29579251
Fine not going to address what I said before? It's okay to know people are smarter than you sometimes, even if their worldview is different than yours.
>>
>>29579073
How exactly did I "cehrry picked" myself? All kinds of texts that are either completely true or completely false.
>>
>>29579543
>not going to address what I said before?
What the fuck did you say before? "Nuh uh" and then just proceed to pull shit out of your ass?
>>
File: Photo on 6-27-16 at 8.23 PM.jpg (143 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 6-27-16 at 8.23 PM.jpg
143 KB, 1080x720
Look how edgy I am!
>>
File: 14526556485452.jpg (31 KB, 480x400) Image search: [Google]
14526556485452.jpg
31 KB, 480x400
I don't believe in silly spooks
>>
>>29579284
Why should God make all the bad things go away? Wouldn't that just be the same as a free pass to heaven? And wouldn't it also destroy the free will of man? You can't have both a perfect world and a world where you're free to do whatever you want. What do you think of this?
>>
>>29579513
I don't, I have faith that he does and I find it very possible.

>>29579550
There are historical references in the bible, events and such which are believed to have actually taken place.

Furthermore how would you know none of them are "true"? I have already said a majority of things in the bible are interpretations of said events.
>>
File: 1454817794457.jpg (114 KB, 661x749) Image search: [Google]
1454817794457.jpg
114 KB, 661x749
>all the low quality bait in this thread

>>>>>>>all the people falling for low quality bait in this thread

You guys are really fucking stupid
>>
>>29579592
That's sad anon. Nice ass btw
>>
>>29579588
Nope, you just refused to listen and made a blanket statements instead of possibly correcting my statements, and try to draw conclusions or at least try to understand what I said. If I need to dumb it down for you, it goes like this.

Homochiralitysomehow arose in the sugars andamino acidsofprebioticsoups, although there is no mechanism by which this can occur (1) and is, in fact, prohibited by thesecond law of thermodynamics(law of entropy). (2)

(1) Orgel, L. 1994.The origin of life on earth.Scientific American. 271 (4) p. 81. (Dr. Orgel is an atheist who has been working on origins of life research for over 30 years.)This argument has nothing to do with the closed/open system question. (2) Thesecond law of thermodynamicsstates that heat flows from hot bodies to cold bodies. This law also affects the formation ofenantiomersin chemical reactions capable of producingstereoisomers. Since the formation of both left- and right-handedenantiomersrequires the exact same amount of energy, bothenantiomersare produced in identical amounts. Any deviation from this result is highly unlikely (much less likely than the scenario of starting your car on a hot California day and having freeze over while running).
Some researchers have cited the possibility of differential synthesis of oneenantiomerover another in the presence of circularly polarized light. There are a couple problems with this theory. First, there is no source of this kind of light in the vicinity of our solar system. Second, the demonstration of circularly polarized light was found only in the infrared region of the spectrum. Light must be of much more energetic wavelengths (ultraviolet). Third, ifstereoisomerswere formed, the energy of the light would break them down within a short period of time.
>>
>>29576135
Grew up in a family where people didn't talk about religion at all. So I've never really cared or gave much thought to god or atheism
>>
>>29579736
And that is where you find the difference. Science provide evidence, your lot would have me believe in something, not know it as fact. What if you get to heaven and its Allah? What if when you die it all goes black? (And it will go black, and nothing will happen.) There are people in this world who feel just as strongly about their god, as you do about yours. You both can't be right, but you both CAN be wrong.
>>
>>29579773
>prohibited by thesecond law of thermodynamics
Do you even know what it is?
>>
>>29579736
How do you know they are true? And give me an example of a bible fairy tale coinciding with an historic event.
>>
>>29579856
Yes you idiot, failing to address my point and giving a red herring does not hide the fact that you know my claim is correct and know that i showed you evidence, you are hiding from it.
>>
>>29579905
>Yes you idiot
What is it then?
>>
>>29579932
I gave it to you idiot.
>>
>>29579966
>heat flows from hot bodies to cold bodies
That's not the second law of thermodynamics you fucking autist.
>>
>>29579513
hurka durka how can anybody not live life by my ideology!?!?!?!?! YOU NEED PROOF TO DO ANYTHING YOU FUCKING SHITLORD FAITH IS STUPID MY PROFESSOR TOLD ME AND I TRUST THEM
>>29579091
>OH, so they're allegories?
Sweetie, the Bible is a collection of books.

Some are stories, some are historical, some are just cultural.

Thanks for showing yourself to be an idiot that should be put below a literally braindead individual om a 'people you should trust to speak on Christianity' list, though
>Christians (American ones, anyway) are incapable of imagining a world where one can grow up not believing in jesus.
Nice rhetoric.
>>29579270
Empiricism is needed to confirm existence, performance, etc, of said things.

They are not successes, they are creations funded by your delusions.
>>29579284
>i don't understand christianity: the most

>It teaching good morals or whatever doesn't fucking matter, having good morals is something that should be expected of a human being.
Atheists are by definition, immoral.

>More atheists have actually read the bible than christians have
Wrong, skimming through pages to support your fedorants isn't reading.
>I choose not to believe in a book that was written thousands of years ago because it is irrelevant to modern society.
ITS 2016!!!
Society is irrelevant, society is also evil.
>>29579808
Don't worry, the Holy Spirit will find you eventually.
>>
>>29580012
It's a shortening of it, it just means that entropy increases over time and the energy is dissipated and I thought a good example of this would be heat you "fucking autist"
>>
>>29580053
>entropy increases over time
In isolated systems.
The Earth is not an isolated system.
>>
>>29579835
Why is evidence good?

Christianity is not wrong, rejection of it is a sign of total ignorance; the ignorant should remain silent.
>fact
Fact is a myth, there are no facts, Stop deluding yourself, you pseudo-skeptic hypocrite.
>>29579864
>fairy tail
Do you not know how to avoid ad hoc?

btw history is also irrelevant, because empiricism is irrelevant.
>>
>>29579835
The same can be said for all the different theories as to how to universe came to be without the belief in it being god's creation

Also citation needed for the blackness after death claim.

>>29579864

I have never claimed they were, true to the point of correlation with actual history.

The Nuzi tablets and the city of Hattusas are two examples of "actual" history for you.
>>
>>29580084
I'm giving up on you, just like your teachers and parents did.
>>
>>29580083
Entropy is still a major part of my claim and you have done nothing to try to prove it wrong, no matter what the theory still applies, also nice wikipedia definition lmao
>>
>>29580214
>i am le master of logic and reason IF U POST WITHOUT LE EVIDENCE AND LE ARGUMENT THEN ILL FUCKING KILL U but i dont need 2 becuz im so smart
>>
god *doesn't exist*
that's the paradox
but god is non dualityeverything that *is* is dual and has an opposite
mind is an illusion created by your belief system
to believe in god its a paradox because god isn't
yet much like the "I" that mind insists to make believe you are, that "I" isn't
dream-realm is garden of eden
to eat from the tree of knowledge is to comprehend aspects of reality because if you are trying to understand it then you are not connecting with the creator, the "onus" is on an external entity outside of you aka you give control of your reality to satan
the path of christ is to as a consciousness "awake" to the world every instant as if you had just been born. mind cant affect you because if you are in the right now you disconect from path and future and reality itself will adjust to your, for as new-agey as it sounds, vibration.
the path of the antichrist is to eat from the tree of knowledge until lucifer brings you light to the concept of as above so below; as below so above but this a spoiler because to get here i had to be raped by hyperdimensional beings that would attack me to strenghen me
when you understand this concept you have the freedom to do magick.
you can change the above to mirror the below or the below to mirror the above.
aka
change belief systems to change reality
or change reality to change the above

the great work is to do both

trust me, my fedora was bigger than all of yours combined

1dimension- dot - it mirrors singularized attention
2 dimension - line(infinite dots) - it mirrors linear thought
3d - cube - (infinite lines) -mirrors physical world
4d - eternity - infinite 3d scenarios- mirrors time
5d - infinite eternities - mirrors different pov on eternity - realm of pure emotions , you can be lonely god, ecstastic god, confused god, crazy god, etc aka hell
6d - ascended master, you control the vibes

tl;dr dont worry death isn't really a thing, the same awareness of yourself "awares" the entire hyperdimensional prism
>>
>>29580214
He is correct though.

Objectivity does not exist among humans, it is impossible for us to achieve. Therefore rejecting anything outside of our physical senses is folly disguised as intelligence.
>>
>>29580274
there are more dimensions but beyond human grasp, you can be on 6th and still be in a body
>>
>>29580232
>nice wikipedia definition lmao
what
That is the fucking definition. Find me a different
>>29580232
>Entropy is still a major part of my claim and you have done nothing to try to prove it wrong
I don't need to. It's just false because you don't understand thermodynamics.
>>
>>29580309
But just because we don't understand something does not make it right to invoke some supernatural being.
>>
>>29579835
you cant experience non-experience
that's the paradox that gave birth to your experience to begin with
so when you die it happens the same as before you were born, you get born...
the thing you identify with that would be in all black ient a thing
god is something you can pinpoint its the unity within anything mind can bring to the dual world of singularized intention
>>
>>29580369
>invoke
God 100% exists.
>>
>>29580369
what supernatural being?
god is a being
god is all beings
god is you, me, and every hyper-d entity

>>29580404
>intention
attention
>>
I don't have any particular religion, but I think most atheists get too hung up on the idea of whether god does or doesn't exist, and they generally without any type of intellectual or spiritual introspection point that they've never perceived god so thus he must not exist. The fact is most religions don't exist to prove god's existence, they exist as herd archetypes to push large amounts of people into one category of living generally to minimize suffering. Saying "God doesn't exist because I've never perceived him so thus Christianity is a bad religion to follow" is absurd, and the pseudo-empirical logic these atheists follow is just annoying; they draw conclusions from short thought processes and never divulge past that. They're never going to read the tonnes of great philosophical manuscripts written on the proof of existence of god (or the proof of religious righteousness, or whatever) because they've already ignorantly grabbed a belief from their peers and held onto it; they can't be swayed for the same reason most religious followers can't be swayed.
>>
>>29580412
if it exists among creation, it isnt the creator.
you probably worship a false-god
which is not bad, this entities are rather helpful but can be dangerous too
>>
>>29580084
And you're right; the ignorant should remain silent.
>>
>>29580448
>if it exists among creation, it isnt the creator.
hurka durka everything must follow my narrow conception of logic becuz i sed so.
>you probably worship a false-god
Wrong.
>which is not bad, this entities are rather helpful but can be dangerous too
hurka durka if it contradicts my propaganda it's bad
>>29580463
Then why do you continue to post.
>>
>>29580446
yeah but they burned witches

holy texts are metaphors for the enlightned ones
religion is for the masses to follow

god exists but fuck religion, people dont even worship the same thing. a christian philosopher doesn't believe in the same thing as my grandma, you just wanna be apart of something
>>
>>29580196
Citation is needed for your sky god.
>>
>>29580369
By no definition is god a "supernatural being" in the common depiction of a sky-daddy.

He may very well be all around us, like air, just out of eye-shot.

I agree that because we do not understand we are to blindly accept, but this also means it is unfair to not acknowledge the possibility.

All in all throughout the years there have been believers and non-believers and I am fine with that. My problem is the self proclaimed know-it-alls who share the same zealous conviction of the ones they so vehemently oppose.
>>
>>29580478
>but fuck religion
ITS 2016 WEED IS MY GOD MAN FUCKING CHEMICALS BRO IM SO FUCKING ENLIGHTENED ITS FUCKING 2016 WE DONT BURN PEOPLE ANYMORE WE BURN WEED BECAUSE WE'RE SO ENLIGHTENED BRO
>>
>>29580357
It just shows your exact lack of knowledge in this subject and oh my god the failure in what you just said "it's just false becuase you don't understand thermodynamics" congratulations you just showed your complete failure and how you just went to "atheist defcon one" lol. You don't have anything against my claims and you are just trying to hide your lack of knowledge and information. Learn what you did wrong, and ending this argument, please kindly fuck off and become an hero instead of letting us try to stall us seeing the failure in your argument, bye!
>>
>>29580489
I conjure the all mighty burden of proof for your claim of blackness.
>>
>>29576135
Don't forget the biggest one: as an atheist you don't have to be judged for you actions. It's the easiest most carefree way to live.

To accept Christianity is to accept absolute responsibility for your actions, maybe even your own thoughts which is too much for some to handle
>>
>>29580475
are you 13?
>i literally say that logic is the enemy and it has no inherent value
>"everything must follow my narrow conception of logic becuz i sed so"
what im trying to teach you is to get out of the hell that is to be conceiving only through this and that and never glimpsing the whole

i have no conceptions, only realized that i created my reality and experienced it empirically.

but you fools are just proud of smart thoughts

ahahahah

you're intelect is laughable

also

>becuz i sad so

ahahahahah
did you want sauce on spiritual enlightnment?

fucking fedora autists
>>
>>29580515
You actually just don't understand thermodynamics.
The second law only applies to isolated systems. The Earth is not an isolated system. Therefore, you are wrong about entropy prohibiting the formation of chemical compounds.
>>
>>29580507
nice meme

but you can find this in the kabballah, literally every mythological tale, the bible (you think the tree of knowledge was *really* a tree of knowledge)? ahahahah

>fuck chemicals?
nice projection, but i dont hate chems. all space dust.
acid is a chem

fuck weed tho
>>
>>29576135
Never converted to atheism, grew up with no religion whatsoever and never knew what God or Christianity was until around age 10 or 11. At that point, learning about it made me think it was the most ridiculous thing ever contrived, and I didn't think anyone took it seriously until another year later when I noticed how many truly religious people there are.

Fact is the only reason 99.9% of people are religious is because they were born into it and from day 1 their parents and families force fed their beliefs onto their child. Of course the kid is gonna become a die-hard Christian if he's been literally indoctrinated from birth to believe in all of it, just as a random guy from Pakistan is probably gonna be Islamic, some dude from India is likely to be Hindu and a tribesman in bumfuck Africa is going to worship the Sun god Babo.

The way I see it, practically every known phenomenon in the universe can be explained naturalistically with divine intervention completely unnecessary to any explanation, whether it's how planets and stars form, how life develops, how weather and the tides work, etc. The only thing that we really, truly don't know is the origin of the Big Bang, and even that has a potentially plausible explanation naturalistically with quantum mechanics. To assume that a god did it all is really silly when you can look at everything else in the universe and see nothing that requires a deity whatsoever, and then to assume it was a specific god from a specific religion from a specific species on a specific planet on a pebble in the middle of the universe who obsesses over the specific things that members of this species do, like whether they fuck the same sex or not?

Anyway I don't blame the religious for having these beliefs, but I do expect them to at least try and look at things from a rational, neutral perspective. I personally view all religion as evil solely by the fact that it relies on the mass brainwashing of children.
>>
>>29580577
If you say so.. cite your source
>>
>>29580620
because its the same thing, its just language... are human pokemon really so retarded that he's starting beef over metaphors for something that's experience empirically through meditation and psychedelic drugs?

dumb apes
>>
>>29580519
I didn't mean it literally you fuckwits, I mean nothing happens when you die.
>>
>>29580649
>human minds tend to work the same and arrive at similar conclusions
>THIS PROVES THE EXISTENCE OF GOD

No.
>>
>>29580656
You would still need some proof of that, friend.
>>
>>29580549
Religion excuses you of any responsibility because you believe a man "died for our sins." The religious would forgive a serial murderer if they say they believe in your god.
>>
it fucking bums me when atheist fags use science in their favour to attack a metaphor that they , because they're so dumb, took literally. when quantum physics literally debunks materialistic pov

the best logical explanation for the phenomena of being you have is "well, it exploded a looooong time ago"

fucking manchilds
>>
>>29576135

because I have never had any reason to beileve in a god except other people telling me I should
>>
Whatever you say, kiddo.

>>
>>29580671
>his mind just concludes shit because he's been eating from the tree of knowledge
>doesn't realize that i didnt conclude shit, i de-concluded everything and learned how to master the wormhole
>>
>>29580
The law of thermodynamics applies to all objects, as an open system, my theory is equally as valid as it would be, becuase we know that energy or heat change enzymes to have homochirality, so you are still wrong lol.
>>
>>29580620
Finally a sane person has showed up in this asylum.
>>
Itt: people that don't know the definition of atheist.
>>
>>29580620
You've not studied enough science if you think everything can be explained naturalistically right now.

I think you've watched too much Neil Degrasse Tyson or spent too much time in /r/science
>>
>>29580709
ok god 101

reasons led you to believe so far

that's eating from the tree of knowledge in the bible

if you understand this concept

reasons = belief system

i'll tell you that's actually

logic = beliefs system = empirical experience of reality

enlightnment is realizing that

beliefs = algorythm that restrains reality(you comprehend it after all)= empirical experience
>>
>>29580620
Also, science and the use of reason and logic has been the one thing that has consistently driven humanity to better itself and go beyond it's limitations. Not religion, not spirituality, but engineering and scientific ingenuity. This alone should prove that the materialistic viewpoint is the necessary one if humanity is to achieve its full potential.

>>29580768
You're correct, necessarily everything, but a huge amount absolutely can be and there's no reason the other questions we have can't be naturalistic as well when we've already proven the fundamentals definitely are.
>>
Forgot to properly add you to my post
>>
>>29580804
*not necessarily

THIS COMMENT IS ORIGINAL NOW!
>>
>>29580703
A christian would say God is the judge of that man, not me. And I trust God's judgement...because he is God

Not that irrational if you ask me
>>
>>29580825
We call that circular logic, and it's a fallacy because it offers no actual explanation.
>>
Which of the hundreds of thousands of gods are we talking about here? Allah, Jesus's dad, Zeus, Thor, Mithra, Vishnu, Krishna, Buddha, etc???
>>
>>29580804
quantum physics debunks materialistic viewpoint

you just so dumb as a soul you live in 3d
>>
>>29576860
There are Shinto deities you spastic mutt.
>>
>>29580577
Sorry, forgot to add you to my posts
>>
>>29580851
they're all metaphors for the same shit

allegory...

not to be taken literal

are you underage?
>>
>>29580860
>>29580798
>>29580708
>>29580649
For those who can't tell, this guy is high as a kite
>>
>be me
>literally channeling entities to this thread
>atheist fags try to debate me when i literally time-travelled
>>
>>29580842
>explanation

Explanation of what? I don't recall you asking a question
>>
>>29580878
i am, but that's ad hominem :(
>>
>>29580926
Oh no, I'm envious of you man
>>
>>29580842
to assume the universe exists itself is a fallacy

a priori god knows nothing

such is the nature of christ consciousness

to know nothing

to have never eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge
>>
File: solar_system_menu.jpg (63 KB, 910x510) Image search: [Google]
solar_system_menu.jpg
63 KB, 910x510
>>29580642
>>29580738
Second law of thermodynamics:
http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Core/Physical_Chemistry/Thermodynamics/Laws_of_Thermodynamics/Second_Law_of_Thermodynamics

Earth not isolated:
see pic

>>29580738
No it doesn't Show me the math if it does.
>>
>>29580917
>I trust Steve because he's Steve and Steve says he's good

Do you see a problem here?
>>
>>29580876
No, they are all formed in different cultures, backrounds, languages. The same story of a man who was born to a virgin, baptized in a river, tempted in the desert resurrected on the third day etc. And the people who wrote these stories did want you to take them literally.
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 253x199) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 253x199
>>29580798

Sure, technically reality is subjective. But I don't give a fuck.

None of that vague philosophical shit matters In the practical world
>>
>encarnating me
>me thinks "kek reencarnation sure is dumb"

fucking plebs
>>
>>29580959
Just stated it was an open system, are you actually autistic? If the law of thermodynamics did not work in the earth we wouldn't have things heating up or cooling down you autist
>>
>>29581008
thats because you're too weak, im telling you. i've time travelled, shapeshifted, etc.
>>
Parents were not religious. I never had a reason to become religious.
>>
>>29580984
no they didnt.

the fact its the same story prooves it
>>
>>29580963
I get your point but what is the question

What don't you understand about the viewpoint I gave earlier
>>
>>29581019
I was referring to the second law.
>>
filthy normie muggles :(((
>>
>>29581026

Enlighten me, wise anon
>>
Who here /getshardinchurch/

Some qt in there
>>
>>29581054
Yes, it proves it's all a fabrication.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-28-00-51-54.png (813 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-28-00-51-54.png
813 KB, 1024x600
>>29580862
Sigh. Alot of people think it's an atheist religion. I did research years ago on the wrong sites. Pic related. Wikipedia was wrong when I went there years ago, and this website still has it wrong.
>>
>>29576135
>>29576135
I would not recommend accepting a secular outlook as a marginalized individual. You WILL scrape the depths of moral terpitude.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.