[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got my college room assignment and found out my roommate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 704x396
I just got my college room assignment and found out my roommate is an athletic Chad who is super popular with the girls and has over two thousand Facebook friends. I'm a kissless beta who spends his days alone in his room watching anime and playing vidya. I don't think I can survive living with such an opposite personality. Should I just pull the plug on college and become a NEET?
>>
Why don't you try and take his advice and become Chad instead?

Most Chads aren't bad people.
>>
I'd say befriend the chad use his popularity to get the womens.
>>
I sense shenanigans afoot!
>>
>>29576091
What college are you heading to?
>>
>>29576091
this is a great opportunity anon, for gods sake stick with him
>>
If you really spend that much time in your room, it's not going to work out. He is going to need the room at least a couple times a week to fuck, and something tells me you are not going to be comfortable with that.
>>
>>29576091
Consider yourself lucky as fuck and take the opportunity given to ride Chad's coattails to pussy. More likely than not he will be pretty chill. Be nice and don't be an edgelord. Stop visiting this site once you get to school and only watch your animu when he's not in the room. Vidya is fine with normies. This is your chance to escape your pussy life.
>>
>>29576091
>I don't think I can survive living with such an opposite personality.
OP, sometimes you'll find you can do a lot more than you thought possible/endurable.

>Roommate is a 72 year old, white, former marine with so much trivial, cultural knowledge, and so good at talking about random shit
>25 year old, black, legal fag with a BA in Political Science, but introverted, and only good at talking as job demands

Race, age, career. We chose very different paths. But as roommates we get along fine. Congratulations on enrolling in college. Keep it going.
>>
>>29576267
this
OP you're either going to adapt and become a pseudo-normalfag or feel even more isolated and drop out.
>>
File: fuckyeah.jpg (122 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
fuckyeah.jpg
122 KB, 768x431
OP, you could take this as a challenge, where you teach him some of your quirky ways, and he could teach you some of his successful ways. In the end, it will be a win-win.

Even if he ignores you and minds his own business, it is a win for you, since others will notice that you have an actual roommate instead of being alone, so it makes you look less of a loser.

Dropping out and becoming NEET offers some short-term satisfaction and peace of mind, sure, but in the long term, you will be fucked over, since the longer you stay NEET, the harder it will be to escape the NEET ways.

I am not a normie or a Chad myself, OP. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder with occasional Panic Disorder diagnosed by psychiatrist, I take AD (brand for indgredient is called "Lexapro" in USA, "Elicea" in my country) and I used to have severe social anxiety in high school, that resulted from years of being bullied. However, my condition is slowly improving, because I realized that this shit does not get better unless you are willing to step out of the comfort zone every once in a while. You can also do it OP.
>>
>>29576267
Maybe he can watch and jerk off.
>>
File: penis nose.png (4 KB, 244x268) Image search: [Google]
penis nose.png
4 KB, 244x268
In my dorm, there were a few Chads that were rooming with sperglords. The Chads were usually really chill and respectful, but I felt sorry for them because the spergs were just fucking obnoxious. My next door neighbor was this really thin guy with this whiny voice and he'd just start screaming and breaking everything randomly throughout the day, because his homework was too difficult. He liked to have these screaming sessions really late at night, so his roommate could never get any sleep. For some reason, the sperg was really full of himself. He'd always be complaining about all the normies not taking school seriously, even though he spent every lecture playing video games and he didn't know even the most basic material. He only showered like once a month (he told me that with pride), so he had this really pungent smell that I can't really compare to anything else. Whenever I caught a whiff of it, I knew instantly that it was that guy, because it was nothing like anything I've smelled before or afterward. Somehow, his Chad roommate was ridiculously polite and patient with him. He'd try to gently calm him down when he was having one of his weird attacks. I don't know how the Chad put up with him, because I'd definitely lose my temper within the first week.

That's just my experience though. Your mileage may vary. Every group of people has a portion that are just complete assholes, that's just a given. There are robot assholes, there are normie assholes, there are Chad assholes, etc. You won't really know what he's like until you meet him.
>>
All the fucking normies in this thread asking a twenty year old man to change everything about himself to fit into the culture he despises. Just fuck back off to your summer home and have fun with your friends, your "advice" isn't needed or appreciated.
>>
File: 1feel5.png (419 KB, 625x1209) Image search: [Google]
1feel5.png
419 KB, 625x1209
>tfw never left the house for college
>tfw never had the college experience
>>
>>29576391
Listen you edgy faggot

he's going to be sharing a living space with chad. he wont have the excuses you faggots hold onto so dearly here. He has the chance to make something of himself.

Fuck your crabs in the bucket mentality.
>>
>>29576434
my college experience was playing Left 4 Dead on Friday night with the 3 other nerds left in the dorms while literally everyone else was out partying
>>
>>29576091

You think this a bad thing.

But just you watch. Sometimes a polar opposite is just what we need.

As long as he's not a douche-bag, you're set.

Also, quiet, mousy men often make good friends for chads, since they're not used to being around people who think before they talk.

I've met many chads who enjoyed my personality traits. It's not always about being the coolest kid, anon. I'll bet my whole paycheque it will be a positive experience for you overall.
>>
>>29576448
You say that like there is something wrong with him, he just recognizing a potential personality clash based on an honest self-assessment.

>tripfag
>"you faggots"

Into the trash it goes :^)
>>
>>29576091
come on, if he has so many friends he must be a nice guy, uh?
>>
>>29576884

Yeah, he's an obnoxious twat, to be sure.

On behalf of canadians everywhere, I apologize. He's probably first or second gen asian, lol. They DO get a bit testy online.

Either that or he's originally from buffalo or florida, lol. I meet plenty of americans that have moved here. Hell, I live in a town of 400, smack dab in the middle of the prairie, and we have people from britain, florida, and oklahomo.

I'm banking money he's a expat.
>>
>>29576091
change rooms.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.