[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the concept of honor exist in this day and age? Is it possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1s_by_wlop-d8wr56r.jpg (126 KB, 1000x675) Image search: [Google]
1s_by_wlop-d8wr56r.jpg
126 KB, 1000x675
Does the concept of honor exist in this day and age? Is it possible to have honor, or to be honorable? Just what exactly is honor? What does it mean to have honor, is it like pride?
>>
Honour does not need to be explained to a man.
>>
It never existed to begin with.
>>
>>29576116
>Honour

Whoa, whoa...hold on. Is it "Honour" or "Honor" I always saw the word as "Honor" but I guess the spelling variations have the same meaning, don't they?

Also what do you mean it does not need to be explained to a man? Are you implying men should just have an innate sense of what honor is, that it's ingrained to us genetically and it's just something we know and have?

>>29576126
What about the people who claim it does/did? What about people who still use the word in this day and age?
>>
Bump

ORIGINALIO FORMUOLI
>>
>>29575942
Yes. Cool picture btw, saved it.

Also >>29576116
>>
>>29576529
But can you explain why you think honor doesn't need to be explained to a man? Can you answer my question in this post? >>29576232
>>
>>29576126
This is the right answer. When you think of historically honorable people (e.g. knights) you think they have some internal moral values that supersedes themselves, or something. In reality they were the same assholes that exist today they just had stricter rules and stricter punishments for breaking those rules, or they had something to gain by appearing "honorable." Or more likely they never acted that way in the first place, but it made for a better story if they did.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.