[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think a god might exist, robots? I'm an agnostic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
Do you think a god might exist, robots? I'm an agnostic who's genuinely curious.
>>
>>29575431
There's no way to know. The only right answer is to be agnostic and when you die, get ready for the surprise to be revealed or nothing.
>>
>>29575431

Yeah God exists, and he hates me
>>
I feel like God's been answering my questions lately so sure I think he exists.
>>
>>29575431
think of the it like this, how did the universe come to exist? Surely all the stars and planets cannot exist out of nothing. which raises further questions like was everything always "just there" or did something have divine enough power to create everything
>>
yeah he exists. the way people like hawkins explain the beginning of time without god is like a deus ex machina move and literally bullshit. but maybe he doesnt care about us. this could lead to a fuking real existing hell, or maybe reincarnation or just nothing
>>
>>29575431
He does

Piss off normies
>>
File: 1462411078758.jpg (333 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462411078758.jpg
333 KB, 1280x720
>makes anime but doesn't make it real

If God exists he is evil.
>>
I'm agnostic as well. If there is a god he does not give a more of a shit about you than the other billions of people on earth. you are just like everyone else.
>>
I like to imagine that math is how god created the universe and that one day, if we are lucky enough, we might be able to break everything down to one term and that is how god saw the world when he created it, or he might be that term.
>>
>>29575431
Perhaps, though not the God of any religion crafted by man--this is just silly story telling of ancient astrological events that our ancestors could not comprehend and thus, mistook for the Gods or God.
>>
File: sakamoto-desu-ga-241[1].jpg (44 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
sakamoto-desu-ga-241[1].jpg
44 KB, 620x349
I'm surprised you would ask such an obvious question desu
>>
im an atheist

and I say, probably not.
>>
>>29575431
Take that extra step and assert yourself as an Atheist. It feels good to let go of the fairy tale.
>>
>>29575431
Of course there is a God. If not, then what is the point of anything? Why would all this exist if not for a purpose? I honestly find it hard to believe people just believe all this just popped out of nowhere all of a sudden.
>>
I don't know. Why would God make whole races of people genetically stupider than others. The thought of having a God that thinks that is okay pisses me off.
>>
>>2957543
dont fall for the religon meme anon its not worth it. at one point i was so desprate to find out if there was a god that i wet a sock and put it out in the hot sun and looked up at the sky and said that if god was real he would keep the sock wet in over 100 degree weather. when i got back from work and looked at the sock it was bone dry...at that moment i completely lost faith that their was a god and that i was doomed to stay in my situation
>>
File: ModelMomentPitti.jpg (68 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
ModelMomentPitti.jpg
68 KB, 620x413
>>29576499
*tails

Although, you can never be absolutely certain. I guess the same can be said about anything.

>>29576508
Who knows? You don't know any more than all of the existentialists and absurdists. There doesn't have to be a reason for anything. Perhaps, you have too much invested in religion? Have you given up a lifetime chasing the delusions of man? Is that why you find it hard to believe?

>>29576543
It pisses me off too. If there is some omnipotent God, surely he is a sadist.
>>
Which "God" are you talking about? How do you know your "God" is the right "God"? I believe God exists as much as I believe a tooth fairy exists
>>
>>29576653
Exactly. Because just as there is no proof to disprove a God, does not mean that proves there is none. The concept of religion is belief. If God was right there where everyone could see, then he is not God. I have nothing invested in religion. I am here for religion, it us not here for us.
>>
>>29575431
Until solid evidence is presented, an absolute answer can't be concluded.
>>
who knows. the secrets of the universe keeps me up at night because I may never know the answer.
>>
>>29575431
The way I see it it's basically 100% that a creator exist. It's also 100% certain that he doesn't care if you jerk it 9 times a day to girls with dicks,
>>
god exists and he's pretty much the worst programmer in the history of the universe, who the fuck wrote this buggy piece of shit?
>>
Why does it matter? God doesn't even know you exist. He abandoned us a long time ago.
>>
>>29575431
Yes. I believe in God.
>>
>>29579324
Word. My int stat never raises no matter how much I study, and I keep getting a +0 for all social interactions. Even worse there's no contact info for support. What the fuck am I supposed to do now?
>>
>>29575431
I think a God exists. The thought brings me comfort.
>>
I don't think any god from any kind of pantheon actually exists. I'd be willing to accept the existence of a superior being that created us, but I wouldn't consider it God, or a god.
>>
>>29579375
>accidentally started game on nightmare mode
>no room for additional save files
>>
>>29579375
i've been on hold for customer support for 29 fucking years, what kind of bullshit is this?
>>
>>29579467
If you get the third eye skill or astral projection skill you can contact the admins. Problem is it takes years to gain mastery and you might run into impostors who will try to pull jump scares on you.
>>
>>29575514
If there is "someone" who designed and created the entire universe then what are they chances that he cares about us and has some special heaven for us after we die and we're not just the products of the universe being created and still if we die there's nothing?
>>
Seems pretty unlikely desu fampai, at least any God we claim to know of
>>
>>29575431
No, because theirs no magic in this world, our ideas are limited, and if we have these ideas, dragons, magic, castles in the sky, why do they not exist? because that's all they are. are just ideas. just like god.
>>
>>29575431

>something from nothing, or just an infinite series of contractions and inflation

or

>some sort of unimaginable deity which as somehow always been

Take your pick, they're both idiotic. Just kill yourself, and maybe you'll find something out. That, or you'll just stop being. At least, that's my best guess.
>>
>>29579537
the problem with the third eye skill is the potion that i have to take could possibly corrupt my config and system files
>>
>>29579584
>there's no magic
Magic is only what we don't have. If we were living with dragons and spells and flying then that would be normal, and something new that we didn't have would be magic, and it goes on and on.

The biggest magic is that we are concious
>>
>>29579584
So what are we? Products of a cosmic farts put here for no pupose but to use resources, reproduce and die?
>>
>>29579766
i think we are here to punish the earth

the earth probably pissed someone off in the past and we are here to completely ruin it
>>
>>29575431
i just hope he understands if I kill myself and leaves well enough alone.
>>
real or not I still pray every night before bed
>>
I believe God exists, but I don't know what he wants or how to pray or worship and am too afraid to commit to a religion.
>>
>>29579547

Idk if we are worshipping the right God or not, I'm just saying some sort of God like being exists imo if not well wtf was around before the Big Bang
>>
It's a possibility

No one knows, believe if you want
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.