[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to deal with ADHD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: adhd.jpg (8 KB, 273x184) Image search: [Google]
adhd.jpg
8 KB, 273x184
I feel like i cant focus on anything for more than ten minutes some days. Is there anyway to cure this without taking medication?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsGkk1GGw3w
>>
even the medication doesn't cure it, it just downplays the negative effects temporarily. I have ADHD too so I know the feel. your best bet for achieving long lasting results is meditation.
>>
Start practicing a musical instrument/singing.
Sooner or later you'll get into "the flow". From that moment on, everything will change.
>>
When you're actually interested in something you will be able to focus on it. Still not as long but you will be able too, just keep trying things in short periods of time I have add diagnosed. For school work I just use straight amphetamine powder, very small dose up my nose I redose about every hour. Coming down off adderall and shit is depressing as fuck and makes me want to kms
>>
I find its funny how you can remove the black arm and it makes ADD
>>
>>29575699
>even the medication doesn't cure it, it just downplays the negative effects temporarily.

i dunno
i'm on strattera and also bupropion (though for a different reason)
no symptoms
it's not really temporary; it's all day every day
id be comfortable saying cured
>>
File: rp.jpg (43 KB, 709x532) Image search: [Google]
rp.jpg
43 KB, 709x532
>>29575163
ADHD is a millenial meme

you've been conditioned to seek immediate gratification, you're not the only one but normal people can overcome this and even make it a positive thing by being multi-talented and applying themselves to various endeavors

you, however, lack the self-determination, discipline, strength and courage to do something good with your life

you'll become 30 or 40 and ask yourself where all your time went and lament not working hard when your body allowed it, regretting the fact that you chose to blame your imaginary disease instead of your poor power of will, ashamed that every elder in your family was able to become an adult but you stayed trapped in the mindset of a teen
>>
File: kmj5P2nb.jpg (4 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
kmj5P2nb.jpg
4 KB, 160x160
>>29575730
>Sooner or later you'll get into "the flow".
>>
>>29575730
>everything will change
>everything will change
deep bro
>>
>>29575945
thanks for the speech dr.--
oh that's right you don't have any degree or idea what you're talking about
>>
>>29576007
>waahh who are you to judge me my disease is real and totally not a convenient excuse for my failures
>>
>>29575945
Agreed, and anyone who takes add "meds" (powerful amphetamine and amphetamine analogues) is a normie CHEATER. Life is ridiculously easy with Stims, and you CANNOT be a robot if prescribed them.
>>
>>29575699
>meditation

Everytiem.

There's no consensus at the moment on meditation, it has been proven to help for alleviating depression and some pains, but not ADHD.

All there's on the subject are articles about "studies" which "suggest" it, and if you search a little more it's always the same, small samples with people self-reporting that they think it helped.
>>
>>29576112
Oooh youre not a REAL robot, better not try and improve yourself op wouldn't want to lose your official robot status
>>
File: 1465832578909.jpg (1 MB, 1333x1871) Image search: [Google]
1465832578909.jpg
1 MB, 1333x1871
What are you some kind of fag do you even have autism? What a cuc.
>>
>>29575945

Who wants to bet you're a white supremacist, too? Don't pretend like you have a one-size-fits-all "just work harder" solution for people who are different than you.
>>
>>29575730
OP here. I have been playing Musical Instruments since i was 13. Thats what I do. I feel like i could get more work done if i could focus more.
>>
They used to call ADHD hyperkinetic disorder. To be honest you either need to stay medicated, pick up an instrument, or work a manual labor job. Do something that tires the hell out of your body and your mind can rest. Also, meditation is garbage-tier normie psuedoscience.
>>
>>29576276
>tfw my gf has schizophrenia

wat do ;_:
>>
>>29576346
I was actually born in a rural town in Peru
somehow managed to get a scholarship but botched it, got readmitted on the grounds of having ADD. Then I realized it was a bunch of bullshit. After seeing how my parents and others had to struggle since they were small kids, how they had no time to worry about muh mental disorders because the next day's meal was the biggest priority, I had no right to bitch about imaginary monsters, took the chance anyways and graduated with honors

Nice assumption though you coddled toddler
>>
>>29575945
>>>29575163 (OP)
>ADHD is a millenial meme
>you've been conditioned to seek immediate gratification, you're not the only one but normal people can overcome this and even make it a positive thing by being multi-talented and applying themselves to various endeavors
>you, however, lack the self-determination, discipline, strength and courage to do something good with your life
>you'll become 30 or 40 and ask yourself where all your time went and lament not working hard when your body allowed it, regretting the fact that you chose to blame your imaginary disease instead of your poor power of will, ashamed that every elder in your family was able to become an adult but you stayed trapped in the mindset of a teen

Thank God nobody takes your advice seriously
>>
>>29576553
Most people grow out of it is what my doctor says. Not everyone has that luxury, so stop pretending like it isn't legitimate because your experience differs from that of others. You're very shortsighted and you are acting very immature.
>>
>>29576516
Well that would explain how you even got a girlfriend in the first place
>>
>>29575163
go with a tent into the woods for a week or two without a laptop or telephone and take some books with you.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.