[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I do a pull up r9k?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Pullup.png (36 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
Pullup.png
36 KB, 540x360
How can I do a pull up r9k?
>>
By pulling up
>>
squeeze your shoulder blades together at the start of your pull.
>>
What is your max set? The best way is to do pyramid sets a few times a day. It goes like this:

3 pull ups
10 push ups
4 pull ups
10 push ups
5 pull ups
10 push ups
4 pull ups
10 pushups
3 pull ups
10 pushups

do that at least 2-3 times per day, increasing the amount of reps you do as your progress.
>>
>>29574433
you just pull yourself up, very straightforward

pull ups are literally not hard at all unless you are 200 pounds or something

I can do >10 pull ups and I don't even work out
>>
If you can't do any pullups then start with chin ups
>>
>>29574441
This, there's literally no secret. The only way to get better at pullups is by doing them.

If you can't do a full one yet just do negatives and build up from there
>>
>>29574433
you have to lose weight first if you are fat
>>
If you are huge just lose weight and do lat pulldowns

eventually you'll be lighter and stronger and get a few

I would recommend most fat shits just at least do lat pulldowns everyday

it will widen you out so you look "big" and not "fat"
>>
i can do about 30 shoulder-width pullups and about 12 wide-grip

great way to broaden your shoulders
>>
>>29574520

this

and if you cant do even chin ups, try negative ones
>>
>>29574746
>shoulder width
Great way to broaden your shoulders

>wide grip
Great way to destroy your shoulders
>>
>>29574792
no, wide-grip is better exercise then shoulder
>>
>>29574792
>wide grip will destroy your shoulders
Actual retard alert
>>
>>29574792

lol get a hold of this guy.
>>
>>29574541
>This, there's literally no secret. The only way to get better at pullups is by doing them.
People told me the same about pushups, but I've been at the same plateau for over a year.
>>
>>29574919
You're just a weak faggot that probably isn't getting enough protein. You're bf should be able to fill your whole throat with protein.
>>
>>29574821
>>29574858
>>29574877

My cousin's an orthopedic surgeon. You're right, go ahead and keep doing wide grip pullups. While you're at it, keep your elbows out on benchpress to isolate your chest. Oh, and take up baseball, but make sure you play pitcher every time. He could use the business.
>>
>>29574944
I'm a girl but I don't have a bf. I actually think I get enough proteins. I eat meat and drink milk daily, and I've actually gained weight by drinking milk hoping to increase my pushups (and also because I'm underweight).
>>
>>29574979
How many pushups can you do? If it's over 20 try switching to something harder like diamond pushups or dips
>>
>>29574979
>I actually think I get enough preoteins.

If you're not getting three preoteins, you can pretty much forget about making any gains.
>>
>>29575069
The best I ever did was 50, but with semi-rests between some of the last pushes. I can do over 30 without any pause when I'm rested and in the right mood. Most diamond pushups I ever did without pause was 25, last week in fact. I did some today but only got to about 20 because my mood was bad.
>>29575086
But this is just pushups. It's not like I'm trying to become a bodybuilder.
>>
>>29574979
you're a fucking female you retarded whore, if you want to increase your chad appeal just run in your dumb litle fucking skimpy sports bra and shorts with a fucking cunty little dog and do squats like every other vapid stacey
>>
>>29575134
I'm not trying to increase my Chad appeal, though. I'm a voluntary celibate. I'm doing this out of boredom and pride. I just randomly saw this site http://hundredpushups.com/ someday and decided to do it.
>>
>>29575125
Well there you go, nice brag. Try some dips then.
>>
>>29575203
I'm not bragging. To be able to do so few despite all the work I put into them is outright embarrassing. The site promised to make me be able to do 100 in just a few months! I tried dips before, but I don't see how they could really help. They're basically the same, but with a bigger emphasis on the chest.
>>
>>29575167
>voluntary celibacy

only fucking females man
>>
>>29575125

Doesn't matter if you're doing pushups, getting toned for summer, or training for the Olympics. Exercise science has shown again and again that the optimal amount of preoteins is three.
>>
>>29575251
What's wrong with voluntary celibacy?
>>29575385
But I made gains before. When I started, I couldn't even do one. Why can't I make some anymore?
>>
>>29575406
Sorry but to get past 50 you are gonna have to grow some testicles.
>>
>>29575406

Because 50 pushups, for a girl, is a lot of pushups. I've met one girl ever who could do more than that and she was a varsity track athlete at the University of Florida.
>>
>>29575816
The most I've seen a girl do is 79 in two minutes but she was lesbian
>>
>>29574520
I can do like 2-3 chin ups at best. I fucking HATE myself. I will never do a pull up...
>>
File: 1465562620574.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1465562620574.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>29575251
WHY ARENT YOU DATING ME THEN YOU HYPOCRITICAL SHITLORD FAGGOT SON OF A BITCH
>>
>>29574433
I couldn't do pullups until a couple years ago. I started exercising my lats (pulldowns & rows), and was able to do pullups.

Don't give up robro. Keep exercising. The first pull-up you do will feel amazing. You'll be unstoppable after that.
>>
I can do pull ups easily but for some reason I fucking hate doing them. Everything else is fine but when it comes to pull ups, its mental struggle every time to make myself do even one.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.