[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys. I used to game a lot as a teenager. I was socially awkward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
Guys. I used to game a lot as a teenager. I was socially awkward in RL but, had tons of friends in my RPG guild, was good at writing RP (even in retrospect) and could make friends in an FPS. This was back in the late 90s til like 2009ish.

Im better in RL now but Ive been getting back in to vidya over the last two years. But for fucks sake, Im like socially incompetent now or something online. I joined a Planetside 2 Outfit for a while for instance, and despite being s regular I never seemed to integrate. Whats wrong? I couldnt seem to relate to them and its like they already had their 'friends' so to speak.

Is this unusual? Or has online gaming as a community become less social?

I want this part of my life back anon :( I want it back bad. I might even want to get back in to RP stuff if I could desu.
>>
Vidya has become too main stream, you had fun before because it was mostly robots and man-children playing, now its mostly normies and chads
>>
>>29574221
The level of connection isn't enough for you. Over the years you've grown accustomed to real life, the feeling of being 'connected' while playing games can't compare to reality. That or you just haven't found a good enough game yet.
>>
>>29574221
originality is the key to everything
>>
>>29574280
This has kind of been my worry, yeah.

Do I need to just find more obscure shit? Ive always liked roguelikes. Tales of MajEyal seems to have kind of a community and a chat feature at least...

I blame WoW and every CoD after the first for this. Why did everything about the damned internet have to become so accessible???
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.