[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay so I was on venlafaxine, around 150~ and it was actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: effexor-insomnia-01.jpg (17 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
effexor-insomnia-01.jpg
17 KB, 300x200
Okay so I was on venlafaxine, around 150~ and it was actually working. It made me really fucking tired, couldnt cum, kind of irritable but at least I could be a human being.

Anyway, the doctor wanted me to try Buspirone instead since it wouldnt be so likely to make me tired, well it's shit and makes me lightheaded as fuck for an hour.

I'm wondering if since I had success with Venlafaxine while it was working as an SNRI (150mg+), that I should try something like ecitalopram even if citalopram itself did fuck all.

TL:DR I need advice on changing meds before my GAD makes me kill myself
>>
>>29574038
I never post here, but I know everyone here is a miserable broken human. Surely someone knows some things about these drugs.
>>
>>29574038
>>29574263
tfw you forgot you bumped your own post and thought it was a response
>>
was on meds for over a year.
my advice is to simply drop it altogether unless your problem is chronic and you absolutely cannot function without it.

if you choose to drop meds your lifestyle would have to much healthier, that means eating right and exercising daily

if you drink or smoke try to lower it much as possible
>>
>>29574815
cont. i was on venlafaxine for the most part, and others too. i probably had all the modern SSRI's there is and 2 types of SNRI's, was on 2 types of anti-psychotics as well.
bottom line is that it improved my stress levels and my delusions but i was too tired or weak to function in as a human being, also my symptoms came back few months after every pill i switched to.
now im mostly fine and my anxiety don't pop unless i trigger it
>>
>>29574038
Hey OP I'm on effexor myself right now, around 115mg. I'm more familiar with SSRIs than SNRIs, this is my first SNRI.

I've been on a lot of different drugs as well, had the most success with Paxil 40mg, but that's an older drug and probably not what you need.

don't listen to fags like this guy >>29574815, fucking neurotypicals don't understand what it's like to have a fucked up brain that requires drugs to function properly
>>
>>29574815
The difference on medication vs not is night and day. I can't "trigger" my anxiety, it just goes and is present.

I need to make efforts toward meditating and not smoking weed I agree but the consistency of days I feel good enough to work out or do anything is nonexistent.
>>
>>29574038
>was on this
>constantly felt like i was out of breath
>>
Talk to your doc about high dose Sertraline for GAD
>>
how do you guys justify taking shit like that for long periods? miss a dose and immediately feel like dying and it seems like 90% of the time no one gets much benefit from it

if you listen to doctors youll become the cocktail guinea pig on 5 different things to counteract each other and at the end of the day youll be barely functional at best with a totally trashed body. may as well abuse drugs instead
>>
>>29575012
i said if you can't function, if you can't function then take them

but at the same time realize that there are alot of chems in those pills
>>
>took Fetzima(shit's only 3 years old)
>ignored the weird sexual problems(cumming before I actually feel the cumming senstation) because it was actually working on my depression
>started hurting to pee
>had to quit taking it

I hate my life
>>
>>29576305
my doctor wanted to up my dose every time i met him because my mom said there is no improvement

it almost killed me i had to stop,somehow got through it by being a heavy smoker
>>
>>29576377

it doesnt take too long to figure out their sham

it's an endless switcharoo of a bunch of vaguely understood SSRIs that barely work and they all have weird side and serious side effects ie not being able to come the entire time you take them and endocrine system problems. if you just follow their lead you will gauranteed end up on like 5 different strong meds and still be fucked up and youll be addicted to multiple things

like shit man your odds are better just using drugs or start injecting testosterone and lifting. i bet that would have higher efficacy for treating depression than SSRIs. even amphetamine would work 10 times better than ssri treatment

the mental health system has a bunch of red tape and its definitely of no benefit to the patients most of the time
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.