[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel a panic attack coming on. Anyone have experience and can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: comfywinterretreate.jpg (781 KB, 1129x750) Image search: [Google]
comfywinterretreate.jpg
781 KB, 1129x750
I feel a panic attack coming on. Anyone have experience and can tell me how to proceed?
>>
If you actually want some serious advice, then here it is. You have to let yourself feel it. Every sensation. If you can do that you'll be free of panic attacks.
>>
>>29573494
I've been trying to not panic over the thought of a panic attack. Thinking about it too much made my last one awful.
>>
Remove the source of your fear
Also what the other guy said
Personal experience has told me that panic attacks are a feedback loop caused by a fear of fear itself and the physiological symptoms of it. Accept your fears and your bodily manifestations of it.
>>
>>29573555
No, you have to accept every feeling that comes, every sensation. I had them for years to the point where it was disabling. Relax into it even though it's really hard. If you do this just once I promise you'll be free.
>>
>>29573556
the source of my fear is my own mortality. If I start to think about how I will be dead one day (like I'm doing right fucking now, fuck!) I will start to spiral
>>
>>29573556
Exactly, it breaks the loop.
>>
>>29573627
just gotta accept you'll die one day
face it head on
>>
File: 1451174317683.jpg (332 KB, 1600x1422) Image search: [Google]
1451174317683.jpg
332 KB, 1600x1422
had a panic attack for the fist time in my life the other day
>be standing in kitchen
>anxiety through the roof
>tell myself "just keep breathing"
>breathing becomes irratic
>start to loose feeling in my lips
>hands start to convulse and eventually loose all feeling of them
>sucking in air like a fish out of water while my lips and hands feel like nothing ive ever experienced before
>lay down in the middle of kitchen
>breathing starts to get under control
>pass out
>wake up 40 mins later feeling fine
>dont tell anyone about it and pretend like nothing happened
>>
drink a lot of alcohol and fall asleep
>>
>>29573471
dont deny it. accept it. Know that its one of many times you will feel it.

Do something else with your thoughts.

its simple as popping a pimple
>>
File: shrugs.jpg (80 KB, 1300x863) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.jpg
80 KB, 1300x863
OP here

My panic attack subsided I think. You all probably don't give a shit but one of the reasons why I was about to have an attack was because my dad was going to bring a girl over and I was dreading having to sit down and eat dinner with this stranger a year after my mom died.

Turns out they got in a fight on the way here so it'll be just me and my dad tonight, thank god
>>
wim hoff method
>>
>>29573853
OP again, I am currently drinking some bourbon and I feel great now
>>
>>29574106
>your face when you were probably the reason for the fight

say hello to anxiety for me.
>>
>>29574106
Have you ever thought about it in the perspective of your father? He has lost something very close to him and has a void in his heart. He needs to fill it some way or the other, not to mention satisfying physical and emotional needs. What do you want him to do, go see a therapist to vent and visit prostitutes?
>>
>>29574149
>>29574212
I didn't have a problem with him seeing a new woman. In fact my brother hates the idea and wasn't even going to show up.

The reason why they even fought is because she didn't want to get a job and wanted to marry my dad to stay in the country, lol
>>
>>29573471
I hate these, what I do. Is that I take a shower and try to talk to someone or laugh
>>
>>29574339
I took a shower but the thought of talking to someone made it worse. I felt like if I had to talk someone I would freeze and go blank and tell them I was having a panic attack causing them to think I'm crazy or needed an ambulance or something. The last thing I'd want is to draw unwanted attention on me
>>
In any case a panic attack won't kill you. If you feel one coming on, strap in and sit it out. Talking about it with the folks you care about is probably a good thing, though. They tend to be quite the experience.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.