[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point did you realize that you'd never experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
At what point did you realize that you'd never experience this?

How did it make you feel?

How are you holding up now?
>>
A few years ago. Feeling empty inside. Probably gonna kill myself in a few years.
>>
Around second grade I had a sort of existential crisis over someday becoming a fat, balding, middle-aged loser sitting glumly on his bed. It was around eigth grade I realized that I'd sort of accepted being a loser and just doing my own thing.
>>
>>29573074
I accepted it during my 20th year, and I too anticipate I'll be killing myself at some point, surely before I'm 30.

Outside of tfwnogf, do you lead a somewhat normal life, though?
>>
>>29572980
Very bad
It's a tug of war between feeling sadness and suicidal
>>
>>29573148
Not quite. Zero motivation. Not socializing much. Not making much money (not employed, I'm a contractor). I just keep getting more depressed. Lack of intimacy is killing me. I know I can't stay on this ride forever.
>>
http://thematinggrounds.com/developing-the-right-mindset/
>>
>>29573145
>sort of accepted being a loser and just doing my own thing.
I relate to this sentiment. Cultivating various hobbies, talents, and other fulfillments of the self appeared the single consolation of having no friends, associates, etc.

The more time I spent on myself, though, the more I began to realize that I really wanted another person to share the appreciation of such things with, at least to an extent.

Have you felt similar?

>>29573221
I'm the same.

My hobbies and passions have all but dissipated. Of the myriad of things I enjoyed in youth, only music remains.

Outside of going to shows I seldom get out of the house with other people. And when I do attend shows, more than anything else they serve to remind me of how sullen and unsociable I've become.
>>
>29573233
>Everyone is lost, alone and afraid

Yet everyone has been in relationships and has had sex
>>
>>29573448
I know I thought the same thing.

I look around and literally see everyone in some sort of relationship with another person.

No, retarded article, not everyone is lost, alone, and afraid.
>>
>>29573448
>>29573482
Normal people have been lost and afraid for brief periods of time but all they have to do is go to a friend or significant other who consoles them and makes them feel okay. They don't know what it's like to be alone and they probably never will.

I try not to get to Elliot Rodger levels of resentful but it's getting harder. There's no way in hell that these people deserve comfort and reassurance more than me but I just can't go out there and get it because people are so unkind when you do try, even when you're completely mainstream normal.
>>
File: 10 Smart woman in Library.jpg (355 KB, 801x1200) Image search: [Google]
10 Smart woman in Library.jpg
355 KB, 801x1200
>>29573386
>I relate to this sentiment. Cultivating various hobbies, talents, and other fulfillments of the self appeared the single consolation of having no friends, associates, etc.
>The more time I spent on myself, though, the more I began to realize that I really wanted another person to share the appreciation of such things with, at least to an extent.
>Have you felt similar?

Not him, but I went through the same thing.

I'm a fairly good composer after a few years of study, and I'm extremely well read.

I was settling into things over the past year after just taking my eyes off women altogether, I was fairly at peace with the notion of just living alone to be honest.

Then 5 weeks ago a girl walked into my life.
>we have the same background in terms of domestic troubles and teenage phases
>we have very similar interests
>our views on everything seem to coincide identically
>she loves my music and my writing
>we talk all day
>then it slows down
>she has exams so it's all cool
>exams end and replies are still fairly rare
>suddenly massive depression and anxiety is upon me again
>irritable, waiting for replies, wondering what's going on
>but things could still work, right?

Women really have a detrimental effect on my mental health. My productivity just fell through the floor, feel so fucking irritated and don't want to be too beta and call her out on it. I guess I'll just hang up my hopes again and get back to work.
>>
>>29573233
>Sometimes I look around and wonder to myself, "How the fuck do I do so amazingly well with women? I shouldn't be doing this good, I kind of fucking suck."

A few paragraphs earlier:
>But I'm not a failure as a person. Not remotely. I've had a ton of success with women (however you define success), I've got an amazing life, sold millions of books, and I'm rich enough to never have to answer to anyone again.
>I've been massively successful at almost all the things that I value in life.

Holy shit, why do normies all try and self-deprecate when they don't mean it in the fucking slightest?

How am I supposed to take this person seriously?
>>
>>29573765
I stopped reading after that line.
This is some satirical bullshit.
>>
>>29572980
>At what point did you realize that you'd never experience this?
~10 years old, always had suspicions I'd die alone.
>How did it make you feel?
Normal.
>How are you holding up now?
It doesn't bother me.
>>
>>29573948
How old are you and what are you doing?
>>
>>29573709
You blew it senpai. Focus on your music for now and another girl will show up. Next time don't talk all day like a fag, just make clear your interested in her.
>>
>>29572980
Numb, I've drank too much to care anymore. At point you accept the abyss you live in.
>>
>>29573968
>How old are you
>what are you doing
Nothing.
>>
26 khv. Not giving up yet.
>>
>>29574008
>You blew it senpai. Focus on your music for now and another girl will show up. Next time don't talk all day like a fag, just make clear your interested in her.

Wasn't like I was hanging on her every word like a cuck m8. It was things like me waking up at 7 in the morning because she just sent me 10 long messages with a bunch of pictures of herself. Really wasn't like when I was 13 hanging on some girls every words, this felt VERY different.

That's probably why I'm so irritated. I'll just play it cool and see how things go because it could be temporary. I became very accustomed to such insistent attention as well, and I'm usually used to none. Fuckin women man
>>
>>29574166
Well then. Maybe she was interested in you and she thinks you didn't like her because you didn't make any move. Women have less self-esteem than you think. Give her some space and then when she contacts you escalate things a bit.

Sorry to normie this thread up.
>>
>>29573765
look nigga i aint no normie but it starts wth you changing that defeatist mindset. its like u faggots love indulging yourselves in misery and self defeating. your life shouldnt revolve around women at all times. there are other stuff u can do to gain pleasure. u gotta have physical and mental strength to protect your body and your social wellbeing. a chads talkin shit about you? u go ahead and whoop his ass. u dont sit down and cry "weeee chads normies wee". u gotta have your own way, ur own principles. u gotta stick to them, u gotta protect them. to change urself, challenge urself. say im not gonna fap for 6 months, or im gonna shut down the computer and go lifting, or playing sports for the next 3 months. if you find excuses, u will stay the same. if u gather the willpower and change yourself, be a disciplined, both mentally and physically strong warrior that gives no fucks about people, women will flock to you themselves. however i know that most people here are just lazy scums that find excuses to their weird habits and addictions. i grew up in a shitty farm in turkey. i had to pick myself up and fought through life. i worked in farm on 40c heat and studied like a mule. now im graduating med school and i have a girlfriend. you guys had it better than me sdince most of u at usa, the dreamland. u have fucking neets ffs, people who dont work and get paid. if you dont work in turkey, you die on streets in hunger. despite all these advantages and oportunities, u guys just create excuses and sit on your fat asses all day shitposting about life. now keep saying bla bla normies while u have a bed, a computer and food. remember this, u are the problem, not the society. women will only like warriors who pick themselves up and fight through life for themselves, because they are winners. theyu dont like failures like u. now fuck off and keep making excuses.
>>
I gave up on the idea of meeting a girlfriend a couple of months ago. It's mostly my fault and I accept that but still, the idea of someone loving me just seems so foreign that I don't even consider it any more. I used to fantasize about romantic stuff a lot but now I just fantasize about defending Helm's Deep instead.
>>
File: 10 QT brit.jpg (330 KB, 1600x1382) Image search: [Google]
10 QT brit.jpg
330 KB, 1600x1382
>>29574246
It could be, my plan is just to take it real easy over the next few days and get things back on track. She could just be busy after all, who knows. I don't want to ask directly because that's what I would do when I was a 14 yo beta faggot, and it's pathetic to look needy. (though I very obviously have become needy the past few weeks)

Thanks man, I'm just venting really, nice to have someone offer an opinion on things. (tfw I want to post a pic but she browses and might see it ;-; )

>Sorry to normie this thread up.
Yeah, me too, sorry guys.
>>
3 years ago

dream of shit like it

wake up hating myself ended up sleeping with a lot of blankets just to fake it even if hot as hell
>>
>>29574709
>dream of shit like it
I had a dream I kissed a beautiful girl in a field last night
>>
>>29572980

I have experienced this but it was never with a gf situation (never had a gf)

Pretty bad, never finding love is the icing on the cake to the fact I can't find what I'm passionate about and will soon be doomed to a life of wagekeking or suicide if I can't figure shit out
>>
>>29573709

Plz Post your music faggot.

I,want to hear what you write .
>>
>>29572980
I'm still hopeful, but yes things aren't looking very good.
I can only find people who just want to be friends, or only want sex.
Maybe I don't deserve romance.
>>
>>29574779
Good for you anon. I hope you have many more dreams like it.

I'm always rejected by girls in my dreams. The only times I've made physical contact is when I lucid dream, as I no longer have to abide by the rules of consent.
>>
maybe this was possible at some point in history to have a reliable female companion that actually want to be in a real relationship and not be a sugar babe princess that travel abroad all year and drink frappechinos

not worth it
>>
>>29572980
if I dont experience this by 30 im fucking killing myself
>>
File: 1421515858382.jpg (1 MB, 2593x2442) Image search: [Google]
1421515858382.jpg
1 MB, 2593x2442
>>29572980
What do you mean?
We have bodypillows for shit like that.
>>
>>29575034
The normie life sure is hard. Boo boo.
>>
>>29574070
>26 khv. Not giving up on wizardry
ftfyf
>>
Probably 15 years old. Just looking around my highschool I realized that I was just different.
>>
>>29575064

Why 30? Its already over if you didn't get this shit in your teens, late teens at least. Like I said yesterday in a different thread, at 25 I've realized it just isn't going to happen in this life time. I mean its time to grow up and look at life for what it is, in order for there to be winners in life there has to be losers and I'm one of them.
>>
Are you guys doing anything to improve yourselves or just wallowing in self pity?

ugly fuckers are getting gf's and you just sit on r9k. dress better. learn a language. hit in gym. talk to everyone.

get a hobby/do activity that makes you interact with people:

martial art
volunteer - hospital. dog shelter. community theater. whatever.
hiking/biking
pick up sports - basketball, soccer, etc

use meet up for this shit. if you dont want to go full normie, then go hang out with other people and do shit like dungeons and dragons, playing cards, cosplay, anime conventions. local card shops breed this kind of behavior.

you are alone because you let yourself be alone. you fell into this cycle of doing things that are "easy." you stayed in your comfort zone and didn't take action. there are millions of people feeling the same way you are. this site proves that. become a leader. rise above.

if you want you can just up root your life and move to a new city and start a new. shit dude, even get a new identity and Don Draper yourself.
>>
>>29575282
>the sweet last 20 seconds
>>
>>29575266

Having a job leaves very little time for "hobbies", which still don't guarantee you're going to meet any girls in them.
>>
I realized I'd never be wanted when I was 13

I got to experience the whole cuddly sleeping in bed with a girl thing with family but there
s not much to it.
>>
>>29575266
>talk to everyone
this only works if you're attractive/charismatic.

if you're neither of those things, you're an autist who can't read that peoples body language is not signalling to invite you over for a chat.
>>
>>29572980
But anon I have with 2 different girls.

One of which is my current gf and extremely attached to me.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.