[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are forums so much shittier then 4chan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (188 KB, 1276x762) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188 KB, 1276x762
why are forums so much shittier then 4chan?
>>
4chan is fucking horrible
>conceited people using anonymity to lower overall posting quality i.e. i trol u
>>
>implying 4chan has any redeeming factors what so ever

wewwwwwwwwwwww laddy
>>
I guess it depends on the forum. I go on Facepunch
>>
>>29571814
because they attach a persistent identity to their posters, and it becomes a circlejerking popularity contest where everyone is afraid to say anything that goes against the grain.
>>
>>29571814

Depends on the forum and the mods. Most forums have dick length measures like post count, karma, awards and donation amounts.
>>
>>29571891

Sometimes the grain is right up my alley though, so I don't mind. 4chan has it's own version of hive mind depending on the board.
>>
You are far more likely to find adults on newsgroups and forums. If you like hanging around underaged b& then chans are pretty sweet I guess.
>>
File: hijak.jpg (11 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
hijak.jpg
11 KB, 208x250
>>29571814
They lack speed and anonymity
also, for the most part, you won't get banned for saying controversial things that the admin disagrees with
>>
>>29572356

I can get posts off faster on forums like city-data than I can on 4chan with the captcha and connection error every time I post.
>>
I tried forums a while ago.
the people there were easily triggered and blamed all their problems on others while making themselves out to be a bastion of goodness.
decided it wasn't for me and left.
>>
There's a lot of decent answers to this question.

The things that keep me here over a forum are:

>Anon
>seeing tons of images daily.
>>
Forums are like tripfag generals
>>
>>29572603

I like how I can see everyone who replied to my post with the superior link system, and all the posts are one page instead of 3000 (seriously, I've seen some forum posts go that long.)
>>
>>29572616

Not really, anons (where allowed) tend to do most of the spamming on forums where on chans it's quite the opposite.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.